• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fertilizer prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fertilizer prices

About that time of year again to start pricing fert.
    could other please let me know what you are paying for 46-0-0 and
    12-51-0 as well as generally where you are located and if buying big ##'s, picked up, delivered or stored all winter for blending and pickup in the spring( I hear some independents still offer service)
    I don't want to out anybody so not too specific.
    As I see it there are often great differences in prices depending on where you buy in some commodities like fert and glyphos I am stating to think just go where it's cheapest I can pick up a phone or computer as easy as anybody.
    I'll post my results asap might not be tomorrow as it looks like it might not rain tonight AGAIN.

Saskfarmer/Fransisco or others with insight, you seem to watch the US markets what are they now at what kind of holdups might one expect?
    Could I haul something south then backhaul Fert.
    No this is not a CWB thread so don't get this off topic
    There I said it.

Comment

I was quoted $460/tonne for 46-0-0
      Se Sask, qty of 150 tonne, delivered to the yard paid for in 30 days

Comment

Busy trying to Harvest were at 4% done but lost a full week with 4 inches of rain.
        Cant rain in July but boy it can now.
        Ill check later on for US prices.
        Ship HRS and Durum to ND and then bring back Fert its possible since you'll get 7.00 for Durum and 6.00 for spring wheat.
        Use your extra $3.00 a Bushel to pay for your Fert.
        Works for me.
        Any way will check later in Sept.

Comment

FNA was willing to bring in to central Sask. for an up front payment of 480 dollars per ton for 46 0 0. Then maybe, just maybe get a refund. Sure hope this is not the case with domestic produced product.

Comment

Natural gas futures have been puking the last few days and gone through some support levels. Too bad that's not such a good predictor of nitrogen prices any more.

Comment

I put all my fertilizer on in spring with the seed, so it's a little early for me to be checking. Still got a bunch of harvesting to do as well.

The only US website I have found that posts fertilizer prices is this one but looks like they still have the spring prices up.
              http://www.candofarmersgrainandoil.com/markets.htm

If anyone has any other sites I'd appreciate knowing about it.

Bottineau farmers elevator sells fert but doesn't post prices on their website their number is 701-228-2294

I also remember hearing about some problems this past spring about bringing Nh3 across the border, something about an overzealous safety or regulatory bureaucrat. Don't remember hearing anything about whether this resloved itself or not.

Comment

Just bought 140 ton of 46-0-0 for 455$.

S.E Sask.

Comment

I just checked at my local retailer this afternoon for fertilizer and chem. prices for Winter Wheat. 46-0-0 was $470/tonne and 12-51-0 $560/tonne. WeatherMax $12/l

With the giant spread between Natural Gas prices and Nitrogen Fertilizer, a guy should be buying Fertilizer Company shares not fertilizer company product.

Comment

I was thinking to purchase the shares also. But to purchase now and if they had to put the price back down to where it should be then the shares would take a shit kickin. Cotton is all that fertilizer just for winter wheat?

Comment

Its for next spring.

The share price of the fertilizer companies have already made some major moves.Not that there a bad investment but i believe the price of fertilizer will make bigger gains.

Natural gas on the otherhand is going to take off one of these days and never come back.

Comment

Cotton you made a major speculation on your fertilizer by paying the all time top dollar for way ahead payment. Just curious now what is the reason natural gas will take off and never come back? Last Christmas I paid 35.5 cents per pound of N as Anhydrous with delivery included. And actually I could never get a price earlier than that for spring applied anhydrous out of my dealers. If your paying 45.5 cents per pound of N as 46 now then likely Anhydrous will be that price also by Christmas as that is what happened in the past few years. Perhaps I will plant an extra 13 quarters of yellow peas and hope for 6 bucks.

Comment

with the last of the peas in sight here is the little I found from the drivers seat. 46-0-0 deivered to the yard in oct $460.00 I do have to pay off my old bill first though.
                          FNA has some thing where you pay $477 in then they will rebate back to you based on the rate they pay. Something about last year they posted prices and then local dealers beat price by 1$. Still looking into Rye to Minniapolus then back haul a blend.
                          -will keep y'all posted
                          Whats the deal with phos and the $160/tonne jump?

Comment

Last september i pre bought ruffly the same amount for 340(or was it 360?).

I did it for the same reason as i did this year strong grain prices.4$ corn made it a safe "speculation".The rest of the strong grain prices this year make it a safe "speculation" again.

As far as gas prices pull up a yearly chart and you'll see how explosive it can be.Then remeber were in a commodity bull market and it is only a matter of time before everything moves.

I see EXTREMELY high fertilizer prices in the next few years.

Comment

In Comedia, fertilizer prices are now secret. The market deals with every framer individually. They gaze into your eyes, talk softly to you, tell you how great a framer you are, then gently slip it to you, big price, little price, doesn't matter. It's still good biz for them, cause they hold the magic formula. Gotta have it man, gotta have it, just like a frantic drug addddick.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...