• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calf Warming Boxes

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calf Warming Boxes

Wondering, should I go pre-made, what kind or should we try to make one ourselves. Any tips on what makes a good one?

Mother Nature, LOL

Comment

I concur with your oil and canola assessments. The slowdown in China is having an impact on all commodities.

Comment

Lol that's funny, why would I lock in wheat at 6:40, sometimes it is funny on here .

Comment

Klause, regarding the prices/bus your suggesting, what's the value of the CAD? Are you thinking 80 cents U.S., 70, or 60 cents U.S.?
          If crude goes to $29-31/bbl, what's the CAD worth? 60 cents U.S. or do you think lower???
          If it's 60 cents U.S., then all your prices are way too low. IMHO

Comment

I'm thinking the CAD will hover around 75 cents for these projections. I have a feeling the US economy isn't in as good a shape as they think and the USD is in for a correction.

Comment

We have made pens in the back of the shed where we put a metal bar across the corner to keep the cow back, and hang an infrared heater in there. The cow doesn't lose contact with the calf, and they learn really quick how to line themselves up directly under it. It's a win win situation. The calf gets licked down, and still gets that extra bit of warm up. Once they are dry, just pull the plug.

Comment

I know the CA $ will be an influence, if the USD stays strong or gets stronger it will keep a lid on US wheat futures and will reduce demand for US wheat keeping supplies burdensome.

Comment

"I have a feeling the US economy isn't in as good a shape as they think and the USD is in for a correction."

Finally ---- it makes it to agriville.

American economy has been fake for a long time. Only thing holding it up is the wall street gang stealing what they can and conning the little guys until the day they make their big exit.

Comment

Good idea kato. The koenders hot box sits in the corner of our calving barn unused for a couple years. But it's there in case we need it. Most times we put a cold calf in the heated tack room of the horse barn and put a fan heater beside them. It's easier to put them in there than lift them into the hot box. Funniest calf warmer I heard was a guy bought an old car and took out the seats and parked it by the barn.

Comment

50% new crop peas without AOG is suicidal after last year's experience here.

Would have liked to do a new crop flax contract with a line Co., no AOG-NO THANKS.

Just my two cents.

Comment

I think you're $2 high on wheat. Pretty close on the rest.

Comment

Where you seeing OC bids for yellows at $9?
                          In southern AB prices have backed off to $8 now.

Comment

Love our Hot box and have had this one for years.

Zee Tee Enterprises Nanton Alberta.

Great to have calf in Hot box with a grated floor for the calf to lie on and have the 220 heater blow the hot air up and underneath the calf. Used it only a couple of times this year but does save calves.

Will put them in there and feed them their first milk and leave them in it all night.

Nice dry calf in the morning and ready for Momma.

I believe there is a newer one that is on hinges which makes sense to drag a calf onto the floor and then close the lid and do the same thing.

Comment

Futures for Kansas wheat is 40 cents higher July 15 vs 16. I'd be a seller if that translated to our cash price.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...