• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a new jd combine worth?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a new jd combine worth?

I have been quoted 315 for one and 620 for 2. I don't need to in my opinion cause I only farm 4500 acres. These combines are loaded except for the header tilt option. What have others been quoted, never been looking for a new one for a long time.

9770? 615 header? 2011?

Comment

4500 acres is a tough size, too many acres in your area for one and not quite enough for two. It seems like in the last ten years our combine size and capacity has grown exponentially yet we seem to have trouble getting the same acres harvested. Higher yields and tougher wet falls make it difficult.

Comment

Its simple hopper. 1 class 8 case for
        around 320. Problem solved.

Comment

I am doing 4700 acres with one cx 8080. Its a
          chore but done that 3 years now. Just south of
          pa. I think 315 is in line for a 9770 from what
          the neighbors say. Why not wait a year for the
          new machine I hear they have coming out ?

Comment

Hopper,

I would think long and hard about a used machine. These guys at Deerland at Ft. Sk. AB; go over the machine with a fine tooth comb...

In my mind stay with two machines and you will easily make your money back in better timely harvest with grain quality to easily pay for the 'new to you' machine.

Here is a good example:
            Serial Number: H09760S706856 2004; $153,000

•1713: SepHr
            •2359: EngHr
            •340.00: HP
            •Additional Options or Attachments: fixed feederhouse, touchset, Y&M, high unload rate auger, 800/70R38 R-1, 18.4R26, service lights, HI,
            915Pu Header
            Serial Number: H09760S706856 2004; $153,000

http://www.deerland.ca/used-agricultural-equipment.php

Newer machine:

Combine

John Deere

9770STS

252 Seperator Hours

615 Pickup Hdr

$277900 (CAD)

H09770S730852

Stock#0730852A

Comment

Traded 3 of ours off last winter the new ones
              arrive this week. Some really good used in
              yorkton. That seems fair for new I traded for 24 a
              piece. Get the big hopper and roll tarp plus long
              auger, auto steer is nice on sections of hrs.
              As for case used two years ago they are nice But
              nothing special and nh well let's just say your
              married to them. Good luck with harvest bring on
              the heat.

Comment

macdon, do you guys get such nice weather in the fall that you can do that many acres with one combine? that is incredible to me. How many acres/day do you figure with that cx8080?

SF, what do you mean about the yellow combines?

Comment

Once you go yellow no going back to red or
                  green. In our area you have one option with the
                  yellows. Hopper in your area with a wet fall just
                  at the edge for two.

Comment

That was 2011, 615 headers 9870s. 20.8 38 duals, high capacity feeder, etc. I think they typically get them in mostly this one way unless order diff.
                    JD has no financing on new combines.
                    Can use farm credit at 4 percent I think but they have not called me yet so can learn details later.
                    Funny the used 2010 with only 140 hrs they want 305 but get financing with the first 2 years interest free. Next years are 6.25 percent but can pay out early after 2 years and use own bank if int is lower. 2009 was 272 thousand with same financing option. Being able to trade them machines for 24 difference after using one year does not sound right.

Comment

Multiple with a cash 9630

Comment

neighbors bought 2- (225hr) machines in the good ole USA. One 2010-9770 and one 2010-9870. LOADED machines. 9770 was 210,000, and 9870 was 232,000. Delivered. Figured they saved 140,000 over Sask dealers. We are still getting royally screwed up here.

Comment

Warrantee is gone after one year anyway. Wonder if they could still use jd financing with the 2 years interest free?? Could be a little tricky to apply, then again who cares its only 225 per machine. Our dollar is a dollar 6 now, could be some opportunity.

Comment

Hopper,

Can buy Deere extended Warr. up to 5 years old and 2500 eng. hours from dealers. Actually quite inexpensive. Ask you will be surprised.

Comment

2 smaller rotorys would be better than one class 8 for 4500 acres. one goes down still have one going and 2 will do more than one class 8. Smaller ones seem to stand up better with a little less hp.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...