• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a new jd combine worth?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple with a cash 9630

Comment

Multiple with a cash 9630

Comment

I think your correct groundspeed. I am leaning to sitting on the sidelines yet this year, and fix up the old ones. My old 1680s need a shit load of work and likely 8 or 10 thousand in parts to fix them up, my work likely worth more than the parts. Cannot sell them as they are so have to fix them up anyway. Not going to increase my land base and 4500 acres is still a good size to have in other areas. Next year could sell them easier with the parts work orders possibly get an IH inspection after harvest. Buying one big one and still have one small 1680 won't work either. If have 2 combines the drivers will be happier if same size I think. Too many parts on these older combines.

Comment

Hopper, the Case IH combines are the simplest machine to work on. Parts are not more expensive than any others. Rebuild them up, install specialty rotors if you dont have them, and the axcellerator kit. You will gain 30% capacity easy. Next year, when you will be paying buckets of income tax,then trade.

Comment

ok 30% gain in capacity is a little excessive. Ran 1460's to 2388's for 22 years. Never did we gain 30% from specialty rotors or axcellerators. Smoother feeding and less slugging resulting in 15-20% gains at best.

Comment

JDGreen, thank you for the insight. I may be high on the capacity gain, but it is real and noticeable. I went from a standard rotor with impeller blades on the front to both change ups and I could not believe the difference. It was remarkable, work in tough conditions and much smoother feeding. It was worth every dollar. It it one way to increase capacity with existing machines.

Comment

I actually have one with the impeller change up and one with the afx rotor. I believe I got more capacity out of the impeller change up one. I figure its from the weight of the afx, it is heavy and takes power because of it. Did all the other proper vane change ups also.

Comment

A 7120 with the small tube rotor will put a 9770 to shame day in day out, but you will need straw to get wheat threshed with those, excelent for canola and peas. You also won't need to stock a crate of feed accelerator belts.

Comment

ya ya ya ado. Read my post previous.. RAN CASE ROTARIES FOR 22 years. Go try and fool someone else. We run them side by side in the same field at times with a neighbor. There is no one eating anyone elses lunch out there. Both fine machines. If you cant afford a green one, then a red will do just fine ;-)

Comment

If you're wrecking feed accelerator belts on a JD
                      rotary, then your accelerator blades are dull.
                      Change them and you won't believe the
                      difference.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...