• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am from the government, I’m here to help.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am from the government, I’m here to help.

Because of discussions on Agriville, I did a natural gas line install quote for a grain dryer. There is not enough capacity in our rural area so a large enough line, 5 million btu would have to come a fair distance. Quoted 600000 thousand. This now includes a 40000 thousand header hookup fee for all dryers. So yours and my provincial mla heard there was a need and are doing their best. Their best to screw us over, in my opinion. To go less than half a mile and service just a house and a shop is now 40000. Makes any old yard site with gas quite valuable.

Thanks again Grant Devine, OMG! We paid $2600 for a house, and $5900 for 3 MBTU to Dryer, in 1985. Wonder what it actually cost the Gov back then? Costs are stupid, totally bonkers. NFW does it cost that!

Comment

We need a Natural Gas 2.0 project.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
        We need a Natural Gas 2.0 project.
        The Conservative leader 2.0 plan should propose Nat gas for every home/business not now serviced! Carbon Tax be damned.

Comment

Originally posted by RD414 View Post
          Because of discussions on Agriville, I did a natural gas line install quote for a grain dryer. There is not enough capacity in our rural area so a large enough line, 5 million btu would have to come a fair distance. Quoted 600000 thousand. This now includes a 40000 thousand header hookup fee for all dryers. So yours and my provincial mla heard there was a need and are doing their best. Their best to screw us over, in my opinion. To go less than half a mile and service just a house and a shop is now 40000. Makes any old yard site with gas quite valuable.
          I dont know your location but nw of edmonton a contract for yard is 7000,and yes most lines are not large enough to supply a dryer or large hog or chicken operation.

Comment

A lot of places in States it is $10-20 US per foot to extend main supply line along road. They will sometimes forgo installation costs if enough of the newly serviced customers sign 10 year contract for supply.

Ontario has talked for years about doing massive expansion of the gas grid into rural areas. Alas, the Dyke blew the entire budget on solar panels and windmills.

Comment

I would like to see the pricks itemize the $640k on paper
              Thats just insane

Comment

Obviously not feasible for your dryer, but how far are you talking to run the line and can they just plow the bigger line in or is it a trench job?

Comment

All was plowed in 1985, just by meters was some hoe work.

Comment

Ae you planning in drying large quantities every year? Maybe you have over sized your useage and pressure. Have a look again at what you really need. This sounds like 6 inch steel trenched in. 4 inch plastic can be plowed in the ditch and if you just lowered your requirements a bit probably shave that bill by 2/3rds.

Sometimes you can get a better deal by declaring the service seasonal as you wont dry past Sept Oct or in winter when the system is used for residential heating.

Otherwise I would just get a propane bullet.

We used to do these kinds of estimates all the time when I worked for SaskEnergy and the farmers always got sticker shock until someone questioned them on what they really need and when, then you can usually work something out.

Comment

So I am set up with propane but at 1500 bucks per 1000 gallon fill, thought I would try a quote. Used the rating on the dryer for btu size. Yes, probably don’t need that much but needed somewhere to start. He asked if I wanted it to continue with the quote but I said no so I guess nothing in writing. West central Sask. is the location. Have dried 3 of last 4 years. What really got me was what sounded like a recent added cost of 40000 for a dryer hookup. Politicians heard more farms would be looking at getting dryers so they decided to cash in just like the machinery dealers. Your right bucket, this is not Grant Devines Saskatchewan anymore.

Comment

So I am set up with propane but at 1500 bucks per 1000 gallon fill, thought I would try a quote. Used the rating on the dryer for btu size. Yes, probably don’t need that much but needed somewhere to start. He asked if I wanted it to continue with the quote but I said no so I guess nothing in writing. West central Sask. is the location. Have dried 3 of last 4 years. What really got me was what sounded like a recent added cost of 40000 for a dryer hookup. Politicians heard more farms would be looking at getting dryers so they decided to cash in just like the machinery dealers. Your right bucket, this is not Grant Devines Saskatchewan anymore.
                        I would try that quote again, really look at your requirements and flowrates. Something half that size probably could get by on residential flow rates and pressures and if there are neighbors looking for supply its always cheaper to hook up more people on the project.

Or ask if there is a high pressure line (Transgas) nearby and they might be able to do a farm tap right off of that.

Boy if west central sask is drying that often we are really in trouble. Have had extended seasons too but avoided the need for drying until this year. Damp canola on air, some heated already.

Comment

It's distance to a HP line that's the problem. Local terminal is 5 miles from one. Their quote doubled in last three years.
                          RDs quote sounds plausible.
                          Hell, I'm <400 yards from 3 phase power. $40,000 quote.

Comment

I received a quote from SaskEnergy last year and there wasn’t an added 40k dryer hookup so this must be new....my quote was ridiculous as well though.

It sounds like SaskEnergy doesn’t want any more business added for grain drying.

Comment

Originally posted by 15444 View Post
                              A lot of places in States it is $10-20 US per foot to extend main supply line along road. They will sometimes forgo installation costs if enough of the newly serviced customers sign 10 year contract for supply.

Ontario has talked for years about doing massive expansion of the gas grid into rural areas. Alas, the Dyke blew the entire budget on solar panels and windmills.
                              Globe investigation: The Ford family’s history with drug dealing
                              Doug Ford, Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s brother, sold hashish for several years in the 1980s.

Another brother, Randy, was also involved in the drug trade and was once charged in relation to a drug-related kidnapping.

Their sister, Kathy, has been the victim of drug-related gun violence.

There were usually a number of dealers to choose from, some of them supplied by a mainstay at James Gardens – a young man with the hulk-like frame and mop of bright blond hair: Doug Ford. "Most people didn't approach Doug looking for product. You went to the guys that he supplied. Because if Doug didn't know you and trust you, he wouldn't even roll down his window

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/globe-investigation-the-ford-familys-history-with-drug-dealing/article12153014/

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...