• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am from the government, I’m here to help.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Integrity_Farmer View Post
    Globe investigation: The Ford family’s history with drug dealing
    Doug Ford, Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s brother, sold hashish for several years in the 1980s.

Another brother, Randy, was also involved in the drug trade and was once charged in relation to a drug-related kidnapping.

Their sister, Kathy, has been the victim of drug-related gun violence.

There were usually a number of dealers to choose from, some of them supplied by a mainstay at James Gardens – a young man with the hulk-like frame and mop of bright blond hair: Doug Ford. "Most people didn't approach Doug looking for product. You went to the guys that he supplied. Because if Doug didn't know you and trust you, he wouldn't even roll down his window

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/globe-investigation-the-ford-familys-history-with-drug-dealing/article12153014/
    Are you for ****ing real ?

Comment

Originally posted by RD414 View Post
      Because of discussions on Agriville, I did a natural gas line install quote for a grain dryer. There is not enough capacity in our rural area so a large enough line, 5 million btu would have to come a fair distance. Quoted 600000 thousand. This now includes a 40000 thousand header hookup fee for all dryers. So yours and my provincial mla heard there was a need and are doing their best. Their best to screw us over, in my opinion. To go less than half a mile and service just a house and a shop is now 40000. Makes any old yard site with gas quite valuable.
      Can you shop around?

My sons provided the PLCs and wired them into a high capacity grain elevator nearby. When they needed to increase their gas supply, the main supplier quotes them half a million for a fairly short distance, don't remember how far - 1 to 1 1/2 miles?

The owner said do it. The gasco came back and said well we really can't, seems they thought he wouldn't fork out that kind of cash at their outrageous quote.

So he called a private outfit and they said sure, we'll do it.

It ended up costing him 300K. And anyone who taps in to it in the future has to pony up for some installation.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
        Can you shop around?
        There are no local gascos in Sask. Communist held public gas company.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
          Are you for ****ing real ?
          Yup a special kinda group that tries to derail nearly every thread with nonsense.

Comment

Is it still legal in sask to drill your own gas well? It was years ago if you used a water well drilling rig.

Comment

Is it possible, or feasible, to install surge capacity to make a drier work on a smaller existing line? Could you buy used vessels such as propane bullets, with enough capacity to run the drier intermittently, then wait for them to refill again? Wouldn't get very much gas into them at regulated line pressure, and would be limited on pressure anyways without having to treat it as a vessel needing registration, inspection and certification(and related costs), so would take a massive volume to hold any significant BTU's compared to liquid propane. But if you don't need to run 24/7, it could be an option.

Or could a drier be set up to run dual fuel, with separate burners, where natural gas gets priority, and propane makes up the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                There are no local gascos in Sask. Communist held public gas company.
                I know of one gasfitter who has access to the equipment for plowing in a larger gas line. He made it clear with SaskEnergy that their costs are 20x industry rate but contractors are not allowed so he uses propane for his new 8MBtu/Hr grain dryer.

We need SaskEnergy/Crown Corporations to change how we are doing things.

Comment

Getting hassled on my propane dryer, certification issues on tank and old dryer.
                  I would like to see the regulations before I comply with the gas inspector.
                  Anyone got a link?

Comment

Originally posted by GOODRUM View Post
                    Getting hassled on my propane dryer, certification issues on tank and old dryer.
                    I would like to see the regulations before I comply with the gas inspector.
                    Anyone got a link?
                    This is exactly what is taking this country down - regulations, unions and special interest groups.

Nice knowing you, Canada.

Comment

There is hardly anywhere to get beef butchered around Ontario any more.

We are lucky - one place 15 minutes from here, but they are booked out for months. They need to spend insane amounts of money every freaking year to keep up with regulatory changes.

It now cost almost $1.00/lb. dressed weight to get a beef processed.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...