• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

going hard on faith!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The photographer for Candid Camera! Smile!!

Comment

And here I thought candid meant openness and sincerity!Haha.
      It is kind of fun how we all know things.
      For sure, Jesus is not a hebrew name.I wonder who that Jesus you know is? Is this it? http://www.jesusdressup.com/

Yeshua on the other hand is probably what Miriam and Yoseph used.
      It is sad you see to realize that the organized religions fare is seen as the only one. Who has time to bother with scripture, pick and choose, the new age is here where old deals are old and the new dowhateveryoufeelis right rules.
      Instead of finding out who Yeshua is from all content of the Bible, religion makes its own rules and demand God allmighty to fit in with manmade traditions. Like in the days of Noach.........

Comment

Sam, Don't you have to be circumcised to be an upstanding Hebrew believer?

Comment

www.messianic.com/articles/yeshua.htm

Amen!

Comment

SW. Yes and it is a circumscision of the heart, not the flesh. Did you know that the 10 commandments and the Holy Spirit was given onthe same day of the year? God has wanted to dwell in mens and womens hearts since Adam and Eve. It can only happen if we choose to believe and follow Yhwh's instructions. Those instructions are in Torah first of all and not in church doctrine.
            There are only two groups in this world. Those who believe in Yeshua as the Messiah and those who don't. The Bible only talks about in or out, sheeps and goats, wheat and chaff, wise and unwise. There is no mention of denominations, gender or nationality. The dividing line is to believe in Yeshua or not. Everybody that believes in Yeshua becomes part of Gods people, fellow Israelites, joint heir with Yeshua. By being adopted in to Gods family, much like being adopted in to an earthly family, believers live by the rules of the household they are adopted in to. The instructions for Gods household are in ALL of the Bible.

Comment

Did you know that the 10 commandments and the Holy Spirit was given onthe same day of the year?

No

Comment

Come on Sam, You are the one who is picking and choosing scripture. Either you keep the commands or not. James 2;10 "For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all". So if you insist on keeping part of the law and not the whole you are as guilty as any body. If you insist on this erratic journey at least invite us all to your Bar-mitsvah. I would suggest the time to do it is during the Red Deer farm show then we could all come and see.

Comment

Right on SW1! Sock it to 'im!

Comment

SW
                    Yes I am picking and choosing the whole Bible, not just the feelgood, warm and fuzzy passages.
                    But I'm not saying that you have to. I'm just questioning why we as believers not should follow YHWH's instructions, not even the 10 commandments. If you can find it in the Bible to do whatever you want and it honours God, you have to deal with judgment when that time comes. So will I and everybody else, believers and unbelievers alike. Churches that condone leaders that are divorced and remarried, homosexuals, celebrating pagan holy days not YHWH's appointed feasts, will be judged too.

It is true that salvation is through faith in Yeshua, not through observing the law. This it what James refers to. Did you know that Yakov wrote that book and not James. Interestingly it was king James that sponsored the translation where it was changed!

So if salvation is through faith in Yeshua and the only commandment is to love God and neighbours, without Torah, who decides what form that love should manifest in? What guidelines should be used? I suggest that if we follow YHWH's instructions in Torah we show our love for both God and neighbour.

Comment

I can't see how you would break any of the 10 commandments if you keep the commandment of Luke 10:27 "And he (Jesus/Jeshua) answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself." Also, does anyone else think Matthew 5:17 suggests that the pharisees might have been accusing Jesus of violating ceremonial law? "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil."

Maybe someone should start a new thread as this has strayed a bit from dwilliams original post? By the way, how are you doing dwilliams?

Comment

FarmRanger: I appreciate what you have said. I think a new thread should be started. Let's call it "Rabbi Trails" Then we can go anywhere a rabbit goes without his tea.

Comment

FarmRanger
                          How DO you show love for YHWH? If He is your God?
                          By not following any of the instructions He has given in the Torah? By not following any of the 10 commandments? By not celebrating any of YHWH's everlasting feasts?
                          How would you react if your kids did anything but what you said and still claimed to honour you and love you?

Comment

SW,
                            My Dad's fav verse to quote to me when I was away from home in college/university was Proverbs 3:3. What kind of a good word can you give me today?

Comment

Ranger
                              What is the second commandment? Do not make an image/idol of anything in heaven or on the earth below or in the waters below...
                              How many homes and churches have pictures of Jesus, God, angels etc on the wall?
                              How can a human think he can depict God with accuracy anyway?
                              The second ends like this: ..who love me and keep my commandments. There is a sign of love for God.
                              The 4th? It is a blessed and Holy day the Shabbat.
                              Even look in your calender and count from left to right and find out which is the seventh day.
                              If the guys in Yeshua's home town still celebrate the Shabbat on saturday I think that is the day YHWH meant.
                              People who claim to keep sabbath any other day don't follow the original intent to rest on sabbath, or to let servants rest on the sabbath. That includes servants at McDonalds and all other food places.
                              6th. How many vote for a government that funds abortions with tax dollars?
                              7th. How many churches allow divorce and re-marrying even among clergy without cause?
                              Yeshua dealt with that in Matt 19:1-9

Comment

Sorry about not answering you Sam, been busy here on the farm. Firstly, I will start by saying I have no formal theological training. Doesn't mean I don't read and understand my bible, just no formal training. I don't believe anything in the New Testament ever negates the ten commandments, so no, I don't think breaking them is honouring God in any way. Loving a thing more than God is idol worship, still a sin. I agree adultery is still a sin. Abortion kills a human being, still murder=sin. Basically, if you love God with all your heart, soul strength and mind, you want to please Him and keep his moral laws. If you love your neighbor as yourself, you won’t kill, cheat, lie, be jealous of or steal from him.
                                However, some old testament commands are obviously not required anymore. Since Jesus shed his own blood as a sin atonement for all forever, I would think it very be very insulting to God if we were to reinstitute animal blood sacrifices for sin atonement. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t remember that sin results in death (Romans 6:23), just that the animal sacrifices aren’t necessary anymore. Knowing what it cost God to pay for that sin, we obviously wouldn’t love him and shouldn’t call ourselves Christians if we purposely flaunt sin or call it something else. (Again, see Luke 10:27) Likewise much of the ceremonial law looked forward to Christ, and what he sacrificed for us. Does it mean we should forget the significance of the ceremonial laws? I don’t think so, but would they serve the same purpose anymore that they used to?

I am going to quote Hank Hanegraaff from his Bible Answer Book in regards to the Sabbath. (any typos are mine)
                                “Why do Christians Worship on Sunday rather than on the Sabbath Day?
                                Although some Christian traditions denounce Sunday worship as the end time “mark of the beast”, there are good reasons why millions of Christians gather on the first day of the week for worship.
                                First, in remembrance of the resurrection, the early Christian church changed the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday. Within weeks, thousands of Jews willingly gave up a theological tradition that had given them their national identity. God himself had provided the early church with a new pattern of worship through Christ’s resurrection on the first day of the week as well as the Holy Spirit’s descent on Pentecost Sunday.
                                Furthermore, Scripture provides us with the reasons behind the symbol of the Sabbath. In Genesis, the Sabbath was a celebration of God’s work in creation (Genesis 2:2-3; Exodus 20:11). After Exodus, the Sabbath expanded to a celebration of God’s deliverance from oppression in Egypt (Deuteronomy 5:15). As a result of the resurrection, the Sabbath’s emphasis shifted once again. It became a celebration of the “rest” we have through Christ who delivers us from sin and the grave (Hebrews 4:1-11). For the emerging Christian church, the most dangerous snare was a failure to recognize that Jesus was the substance that fulfilled the symbol of the Sabbath.
                                Finally, if you insist on being slavishly bound to the Old Testament laws you should also be forewarned that failing to keep the letter of the law might be hazardous to your health. According to the Mosaic Law, anyone who does any work on the Sabbath “must be put to death” (Exodus 35:2). As the apostle Paul explains, however, “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: ‘Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree’” (Galatians 3:13). The Sabbath was a “shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however is found in Christ” (Colossians 2:17). In the end, religious rites must inevitably bow to redemptive realities.” Endquote

Colossians 2:16-17 “Do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.’

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...