• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will this Federal election change anything?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this Federal election change anything?

Iggy is talking about springing an election this fall....

I don't think anything has changed?

Quebec - will they vote Lib or for Harper? Not likely BQ still holds too many seats?

Iggy in the West - unlikely...

Harper in the East - will be lucky to hold the same number with the economy.

Seems like a waste to time and effort - get the economy going again you guys.

Looks like the election is all wiped off the map. Maybe if Iggy really feels for Canada he will try to force the election and give the conservatives the majority so they can actually run the country. Ya like that is going to happen. He is on his own.

Comment

Apparently there are several votes over the
      next three weeks that could potentially
      bring down the government, but I agree.
      Ignatieff is on his own by the look of it,
      and he is having problems with his party in
      Quebec which isn't good news for him.

Comment

Personally I am done with all these clowns and will never waste my time and gas going to vote in a federal election again.

Comment

Yeah kinda like a soap opera where we watch and pay as the so called stars perform, first we had Jack marry the liberals and seperatist (kinda like those polygamists 1 man many wives, wonder who was playing the man role?). And yhen we had the divorce of the polygamists and true love emerged,with opposites attracting as the latest script headline is JACK MARRIES STEPHEN. Jack is trying desperately to show us he is the one wearing the pants in the Jack and Stephen household, Stephen is not sure what to think, since he has been telling us he wants a majority and would get one with another election but now that push has come to shove he's shown in bed with Jack just so he can stay in a government. (didn't the conservatives formerly proclaim the liberals would hold on to power by any means?) While this is happenning Doucette is kinda alone, but in the end the three stooges Jack Stephen and Iggy, will all compete to see who can offer more of wedding gift paid for by all of us just so one of them can be married to Quebec. Tune in to your TV news for the next episode of "AS MY STOMACH TURNS"

Comment

If we really want to be fair, I think we
            do need to give Harper credit for trying
            to bring reform on a lot of issues,
            justice being one. A majority government
            would put an end to the continual
            posturing for confidence votes, and the
            waste to the taxpayer of an election
            every damn year. The Liberals did
            nothing for Western Canada for years
            while they catered to Ontario and
            Quebec. Harper does some of the same
            when it comes to Quebec, but I agree
            with a lot he is trying to get done. At
            least he can let his hair down and kick
            back, something we haven't seen before !

Comment

I have to say that Harper does bring his own style of charisma to the table, not the kind of charisma where he speaks and people bounce up and down off their chairs applauding, but a more quiet I just want to govern without the frills type of charisma, I do respect that and am refreshed by it. However in terms of government action I look at it in 2 ways, first the overall and second the more specific in terms of agriculture policy.
              In terms of the overall Harper and his government are playing the same games with quebec and some other interests such as the largest growing population in Canada, that I just don't think any party knows how to handle without doing things just to buy enough votes to get in, quite frankly and may be our biggest overall obstacle.
              In terms of agriculture I am spittin mad because in opposition they seemed to know what us farmers know is that the Cais Agristability etc red tape is a disaster within itself and THE CONSERVATIVES PROMISED TO GET RID OF IT, THEY LIED LIED LIED. I don't know if it is Harper that doesn't want the change or the ag ministers ,but when we see what has happenned with beef and pork industries and grain farmers are at the door of demise as well, When you look at lenders boasting the ag sector is alive and well with all these loans, there is a huge reminder about what happenned in the house mortgage market in the US. Those farm loans were based on 10 canola, 6 to 7 wheat, 8 to 9 peas etc not 8, 3, and 4.5 prices. top that off with many farms not having any crop due to drought and then even those that do if you cannot harvest 20 to 40 percent of your acres, not hard to figure out what's coming in this sector becuase CAIS will not cover that loss.
              Not exactly reassuring when the agminister one day says trust me agristability will work and the next day after election scare practically shouts out he realizes Cais is not
              working. Now that the election scare is gone for awhile does he think it's working again? And moving it to Melville is a complet joke, that's going to mean more assistance for someone, no it's just more cost for something useless.
              haven't even touched the CWB issue, but why didn't they mandate choice when the Liberals absolutely didn't want an election, the conservatives should have brought in choice legislation.

Comment

The other 3 federal parties are just taking turns playing with Harper. First it was Igy's turn till he got what he wanted. Now it's the NDP's turn and then it will be the Bloc Quebecois turn.

Comment

And all them bastards are playing with our minds trying to make us think they need money for the next election. I just tell them there won't be an election. No need for money this year. Tax credits for political support should be cut off.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...