• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anyone Seen the Movie "Food Inc." ? What Did You Think?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Anyone Seen the Movie "Food Inc." ? What Did You Think?

Here is the movie trailer...a farmer who saw it was concerned about much of the messaging to consumers. I have not had the chance to see it yet.

Let us know what you think if you have had the chance to watch it.

Thanks,

Joe

>

The movie/documentary had some points, especially about Monsanto but all of its puffed up pious outrage didn't go anywhere and I was wanting to respond often with "And your point is .....? The guy from the American Corn Growers who popped up a lot in the film, seemed to be in the employ of the anti-farm business theme of the piece. With friends like this, who needs the urban commentators. And Eric Schlosser the main commentator and author of Fast Food Nation, is not a journalist but an author/commentator with an axe to grind. A real poster boy for PETA.

Comment

Hi Dare to Differ:

Thanks for the comments....I am going to try to rent it in the next couple of weeks to see what was said.

The latest attack on agriculture seems to be in the Time article...I will put the link up below.

I am worried that consumers will believe what is said...whether it is true or not.

Take care,

Joe

Comment

After watching the trailer I really don't want to spend a dime on watching this movie, well supporting it. I'm not sure where this attitude has come from that it is inapropriate to make a profit from food and why a certain few of the left think that all farmers should be run off their land for doing things the way they do. I also can't make the conection between how something is grown or raised and it's going to kill you. A chicken no matter how it's raised is not going to kill you, however if you pump it full of preservative, lather it in batter and deep fry it you might start running into problems.I would really like to see all these people try to survive on their own devices for even a month. I really wouldn't have a problem if people were being educated on proper nutrition or even the benefits of eating as locally as possible, at least then you are educating people to make healthier decisions not figering out someone for doing what the consumer has asked them to to.

Comment

5% truth and 95% lies is what "Food Inc." is about. A giant conspiracy plotted against the consumer and highlighting the dark and evil "Big Business" interests who care only for profit no matter what their products do to the "ordinary" consumer.

What they don't show is how America can feed its people with efficient chains of supply and at reasonable cost. Would they rather have a system like the former USSR had where line-ups for food were the rule rather than the exception and where there were always shortages even when there were bountiful harvests?

Don't waste your time on this movie as it is made for a reason...to scare the bejeezus out of you as those "dark forces" work to fool and trick you and to stir up discontent.

Comment

One big part of this film is big corp. and how they are only for money and not so much food health. So why don't they promote local which can support everyone.
            They have everyone so scared that even local is no good, and no mention of the junk food people eat, well there is no way that is the problem of people getting cancers.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...