• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time Magazine: Article on Food "Getting Real About the High Cost of Cheap Food."

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Magazine: Article on Food "Getting Real About the High Cost of Cheap Food."

The same magazine will pick Micheal Jackson as the man of the year.

Comment

Time is just a magazine but consumers do believe the stance they are printing in this story....

Comment

The same readers that believe that Micheal Jackson Is the man of the year. The problem of perception is difficult to counteract and may be our demise in this industry. We have to get our word out in a way that allows truth to trump perception.

Comment

folks it isn't just Time magazine that
          has this opinion. Try talking to classes
          of Grade Four kids, most of whom live in
          urban Alberta, and you will see that
          many of them have the same idea. In my
          years of helping with Ag in the
          Classroom I have heard:
          Farmers are cruel to their animals so we
          should not eat beef.
          Beef is bad for us, so we should not eat
          it.
          And the list goes on!!!

Comment

There are many lies in the Time piece but that comes from ignorant and faux journalism which is the most popular in the US these days when Faux Noise and guys like Limbaugh have such a following.
            On the other hand, the producers don't bother to defend themselves with much initiative. Yes you can't stop Time but the sleepy Alberta Beef Producers could step it up and get in the game of counter attack. But we are blessed with an belief of "eat it, it's good for you, trust me" from an industry who believe they are God's gift to humanity. Producer red neckers will harrumph that you can't trust gov't, politicians, youth, urbanites, etc., etc., but they blythly think the public should trust primary food producers. Duh! Look at the whining and non-participation of the age verify protocol which is part of the due diligence for trust in food safety. But if you want to always react to stuff instead of being pro-active, then keep on doing what you have always done.

Comment

There are many lies in such propaganda, however there are some truths. Are we open enough to see there are “some” valid issues?

On our farm, we raise our own beef without implants or medication, we also have our own chickens because, I for one do not think they should be raised in as much confinement that industry has virtually dictated, (both for meat and eggs). Heck, trying to find unmedicated chick starter is a special order.

I have visited hog farms, before it became a bio security risk, and really did not care for the "model" that raises a good part of our red meat.
              I, personally do not care to eat bread, peas, potatoes, rolled oats.....etc that are constantly sprayed with glysophate so as large farms can produce "efficiently'.

Although it was not our farm’s intention, but any surplus production is easily sold for premiums and more people are asking than we can supply. This is not our core business, so I am not really interested in pursuing, but, maybe if I was a bit younger.........!

God gave us some wonderful foods to work with.....are we doing our part .....? Is it farmers or industry or consumers that has led to practices that some of us are not overly in favor of?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...