• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Right to Protect Your Property

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Right to Protect Your Property

Also posted in Beef Production Section

I think this is an important issue for all rural Canadians.

See:
    http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/story/2009/04/09/cgy-farmer-theif-alberta.html#socialcomments

Farmer Charged With Shooting Thief

It is an outrage that this fellow is being dragged through the court system. All he did was defend his property the best way he could. It is different in the country than in the city where police are only minutes away. There is no effective policing out miles away from the urban centers and farmers do need to be able to protect not only themselves but their property.

And what about the two that got away. They will never be found and the only way the third guy will ever be brought to justice is the farmer did what he had to do.

Maybe you should also read the livestock commentaries to understand what the marketing choice enviroment is all about.

Comment

If you're going to do that then you may as well just go to the NFU website.

Comment

The numbers speak for themselves whether you're in the pool or trying to lock in a fixed price contract with the board you're getting hosed.

If the cattle guys think they're getting a raw deal now, a wheat board style marketing board will just make matters worse. LOL

Comment

the numbers speak for Rolf an admitted CWB hater

Comment

How are they wrong?

Comment

I believe I can hear the crickets chirping.

Comment

Enlighten me Agstar, why are open market prices usually higher?

Comment

Here's something about livestock and the monopoly Agstar.

http://www.siemenssays.com/?p=15922#more-15922

Good read huh.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...