• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Annual Inflation Rate 1.2%. Not!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 pound uranium=3 million pounds of coal

Comment

cp,

Water.ha! Great.

Rares? Lots of them. Might want to check all the attachments on sedar.com if you're interested in trapping skunks. Bad smells sometimes.

The real rares are manuf. from vitual prototypes, but presumed you were referring to conventional rares.

Parsley

Comment

One may also want to ask the question "what commoditie performed the best in the previous bull market".

Comment

One may then want to grasp the concept of leverage and then apply to said investment.

Once you acheive your first 10 bagger(1000%gain)you'll be hooked.

Once again parsly thanks for your brilliant insight into a subject you know nothing about.

NIA DYODD

Comment

Adam Smith: what is your opinion on the fertilizer markets with respect to nat gas markets? hope you have your fert prices locked in. bought all mine last fall, applied nh3, and filled the bins with urea and phosphate. had a good hunch US corn acres were going to create massive havoc on our prices. At 4.00 plus corn futures, americans are going to go fence to fence corn and 200lbs plus per acre nitrogen.

Comment

Well actually Benny, I'm pretty disgusted with what is occuring with Fertilizer prices. If ever there were a case of price fixing and market gouging this is it.

In fact I spent an entire morning surfing the web, reading many American sites trying to find out what fert prices were doing in corn country. Didn't have much luck though but I did stumble upon a site called AgWeb.com and was reading a number of farmers posts talking about their crop plans.

If these farmers are a represenative sample most were saying that they will be sticking to their historic rotations. 50% Corn 50% Beans or 55% corn 45% beans. They were saying as long as new crop beans stay above $8, beans are just as profitable as $4- $4.50 corn.

You see to add extra corn acres, it needs to be corn on corn and corn on corn produces less than corn on beans even with good fertility.

Where the corn acarage increase likely will come from is non traditional corn acre. Cotton in the Missisippi Delta will be replaced by corn, you may even see farmers in Colorado trying to grow corn.

Also read where most of the N in the corn states was already put on last fall.

So in the end I expect that the massive switch to corn may not be as great as some expect. The high cost of N and the increase in bean prices will may cause most farmers to stick close to their historic rotations.

The big question is will this cause the current fertilizer price panic to fizzel or not.

Just for info, a local farmer had priced out N in ND last fall and the price worked out to more than $100/t less for the same product coming out of the same plant, that delivers here.

Comment

CP FYI
                There are no virtual prototypes of commodities/systems.

Lighten up!

Parsley

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...