• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Taxpayer subsidies to the Oil patch!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Taxpayer subsidies to the Oil patch!

So freehold roylaties pay around 15% for the mineral holder.

But Scotty Moe and the Sask Party see fit to subsidize the already very lucrative oil patch with a 12.5% reduction in royalties down to a very low 2.5% on the first 100,000 barrels for crown owned minerals? Huh?

Is that the best deal you can negotiate? Apparently not if you are the Sask Party that gets a lot of out of province donations from the oil industry!

They reward their corporate friends and supporters with super low cut rate royalties on a resource that belongs to all citizens. A handout to an industry that has made record profits on the backs of already stressed consumers.

Drilling Incentives

Newly drilled oil wells in Saskatchewan qualify for "volume based" drilling incentives ranging from 0 to 16,000 cubic metres. Qualifying incentive volumes are subject to a maximum royalty rate of 2.5% for Crown production and a maximum production tax rate of 0% for freehold production. Refer to Information Circulars PR-IC03 ([url]https://publications.saskatchewan.ca/api/v1/products/75624/formats/84563/download[/url]) (vertical wells) and PR-IC05 ([url]https://publications.saskatchewan.ca/api/v1/products/75626/formats/84565/download[/url]) (horizontal wells) for further information.
    Newly drilled exploratory gas wells in Saskatchewan qualify for a 25,000,000 cubic metre "volume based" drilling incentive. The qualifying incentive volume is subject to a maximum royalty rate of 2.5% for Crown production and a maximum production tax rate of 0% for freehold production. Refer to Information Circular PR-IC04 ([url]https://publications.saskatchewan.ca/api/v1/products/75625/formats/84564/download[/url]) for further information.

Last edited by chuckChuck; May 14, 2024, 07:16.

I assume those plays are small firm, small investor developments.

Comment

whining about oil while the billions get transferred and canada destroyed , shows how clueless you are cc , and that report was from dec 22 , will be far far worse now

Comment

Send Vax crazies 1000's of FREE samples...stick them somewhere....

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
          whining about oil while the billions get transferred and canada destroyed , shows how clueless you are cc , and that report was from dec 22 , will be far far worse now
          With the benefit of hindsight, throwing away billions of dollars worth of unused vaccines May well have been the best waste of taxpayer dollars this government has ever accomplished.

Comment

Pretty clear who the Moe government cares about.It is not health or education unless you run a private school that is basically close to being cult.If you want big pay day like Brandt be a good donater to the Sask party then sue the Sask government for millions.Moe just stroked a check from tax payers money and never fought it one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
              Pretty clear who the Moe government cares about.It is not health or education unless you run a private school that is basically close to being cult.If you want big pay day like Brandt be a good donater to the Sask party then sue the Sask government for millions.Moe just stroked a check from tax payers money and never fought it one bit.
              Some of you lefties don’t realize that funding of health and education comes from the promotion of our resource sectors

Comment

There are many small SAGD projects in our area aprox 10. They pretty well all produce 10000 thousand barrels a day so your are making a big deal over nothing when it comes to larger producers. It might help the little co who is in startup mode.I believe in small company’s doing business in our province that will contribute to our social programs.

Comment

Moe and company are the BEST FRICKEN Gov't
                  that Oil and Gas can BUY

hey have i mentioned we are $ 35 billion in Debt in Sask.
                  So when these guys are finally booted out, leaving us looking like a Dumpster fire what are they changing their parties name to ????

Comment

Originally posted by kANOLA View Post

Some of you lefties don’t realize that funding of health and education comes from the promotion of our resource sectors
                    it may be hard for some to understand I vote many ways .No government gets a hall pass .Yes the energy from the south east sask supports many other have not areas in sask.Just saying time for a political correction in sask.I know those that wore conservative diapers were brought up to think right good left bad.But I was brought up to call out bad governments no matter which side.

Comment

I agree with everything you say there newguy, including the voting part.
                      But I can't forget the feeling of neglect rural Sask had when we had the little preacher and the NDP in power.
                      There has been a hard shift to the woke left by all the NDP party's since that time.

As a reminder, most everyone in Sask was raised in NDP diapers but we can see a better way.
                      Last edited by shtferbrains; May 14, 2024, 19:19.

Comment

The ndp is trash and Sask party has been in for 17 years. No one wants a return to pre Sask party times but wants a change. Kind of an untenable situation thinking the Chuck types is the only alternative. I don’t care for my mla but the devil you know. Last ndp mla we had was deplorable and more concerned with eating than representing constituents.

Comment

You could probably compare the Moe government to the Devine government more than the present NDP to the old NDP government. And we all know the Devine government was the reason the conservatives had to restart with even a new name.Political corrections is about cleaning house .Without doing that you end up with a corrupt dictatorship.

Comment

But I was brought up to call out bad governments no matter which side.
                            You must be a busy guy, calling out all of the bad governance coming from the current federal coalition.
                            As a guy who votes many different ways, and calls out bad government, you are awfully quiet about the current federal situation.

Comment

You could probably compare the Moe government to the Devine government more than the present NDP to the old NDP government. And we all know the Devine government was the reason the conservatives had to restart with even a new name.Political corrections is about cleaning house .Without doing that you end up with a corrupt dictatorship.
                              True enough but ndp of past held a lock on power scaring all the old buggers about Devine and what not. Not saying ndp didn’t get fiscally prudent to fix the past spending sprees but they didn’t build on anything. Nothing happened until they were voted out. You’d be living under a rock in butt f Saskatchewan if you didn’t see that.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...