• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi all popped in

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all popped in

This side of agriville is a cesspool , straws on a ag rural issue forum. Good grief.

Funny and disappointing as i was one who called for it but went into hiberantion along with others.

But eh this aint a airport you dont need to know departure details

Anyway good to say hi

I awake each morning "how am i gonna stir em up on agriville" must be the modus operandi.

Flame away lads lasses and convertables.

Good to hear from you.

As far as the straw issue, the odd time when the wife and I stop for a burger at a fast food I am reminded by the soggy paper straw how much I despise the federal Liberal government. Or when I am in town getting parts and the wife asks me to grab a couple things at the grocery store and I get to the till and they ask if I would like to buy a reusable bag or buy for less money paper bags(which always break), so I buy a reusable bag and add it to the pile at home. And again I am reminded how much I despise the federal Liberal government. So yes plastic straws seems inappropriate on an Ag forum and yes schmuckschmuck does wake up every morning and think what shall I write today to get everyone pissed off. But to me the plastic straw ban is a glaring symbol of the invasive and ineffective policies of our present government.

Enjoy your day Landdownunder.

Comment

So you don't want to reduce plastic pollution in the environment because you hate Trudeau and the Liberals?

Well that makes a a lot sense Hamloc!

Reducing pollution is not the job of governments?

So if I contaminate your drinking water with my pollution you are okay with that Hamloc? No need for Government rules?

Welcome back to the Agrisilly cesspool of Conservative thinking down where the sun don't shine on any common sense!

Comment

Mallee thanks for letting us know you’re still good. As you can see cc is still keeping the silly in Agrisilly.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
          So you don't want to reduce plastic pollution in the environment because you hate Trudeau and the Liberals?

Well that makes a a lot sense Hamloc!

Reducing pollution is not the job of governments?

So if I contaminate your drinking water with my pollution you are okay with that Hamloc? No need for Government rules?

Welcome back to the Agrisilly cesspool of Conservative thinking down where the sun don't shine on any common sense!
          A typical reaction from you. First off, Canada doesn’t have an issue with plastic straw pollution in our water because of the way our waste is handled.
          A good example of how ridiculous the Federal government policies are is their rejection of Calgary Co-ops compostable bags. They went to the work of developing a compostable bag that breaks down in landfills but the Federal government rejected them. Research shows you have to re use the reusable bags at least 50 times or more before they actually are a benefit to the environment. The compostable bag is a much more desirable alternative. What is so amusing is that if you really want to have people look at your way of thinking in a positive light your going about it in the wrong way.
          And as far as the Federal Liberals, the latest polling analysis from Abacus shows the Federal budget flopped with its target audience the Gen X and Gen Z. In the 30-44 age group the CPC now is at 47%, the LPC at 20% and the NDP at 21%. Enjoy your day.

Comment

We are also a country that has had no net benefit to having another Trudeau in the Prime Ministers seat. Just thought I would remind chuck of that very obvious fact. You know chuck you'd get a lot more done in a day if you would post less and work more.

Comment

Hmmm already i have no common sense thanks mate, as you can sense a fleeting visit. Odd comment if i must say.

Have almost as many non conservative friends as conservative treat them all with same level of respect and its reciprocal mostly.

Leave you lads to it.

Tom4 conspicuous by his absence hope hes ok cya oh and hope your folks come through ok Jazz.

Had to edit some spelling whats new eh.

Still right into photography will post on pics thread

Last edited by Landdownunder; May 7, 2024, 09:47.

Comment

Hey Mallee, come back once in a while to the commodities page and tell us about your weather, markets and family. Enjoy your posts, expect others do also so don’t abandon us over a couple bad apples.

Comment

As near as I know Tom still with us.

Comment

re tom just could help notice not many posts.

Comment

Mallee I enjoy reading all of your posts , keep them rolling !

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post

A typical reaction from you. First off, Canada doesn’t have an issue with plastic straw pollution in our water because of the way our waste is handled.
                        A good example of how ridiculous the Federal government policies are is their rejection of Calgary Co-ops compostable bags. They went to the work of developing a compostable bag that breaks down in landfills but the Federal government rejected them. Research shows you have to re use the reusable bags at least 50 times or more before they actually are a benefit to the environment. The compostable bag is a much more desirable alternative. What is so amusing is that if you really want to have people look at your way of thinking in a positive light your going about it in the wrong way.
                        And as far as the Federal Liberals, the latest polling analysis from Abacus shows the Federal budget flopped with its target audience the Gen X and Gen Z. In the 30-44 age group the CPC now is at 47%, the LPC at 20% and the NDP at 21%. Enjoy your day.
                        Micro plastics are everywhere in our environment. Hopefully not in our drinking water. But untreated surface water will have them.

But micro platsics have already been found in human blood and lungs. And reducing plastic usage when there are better alternatives is an important strategy.

But the wing nut Conservative MP from Saskatoon thinks we should not be reducing plastic pollution? Bring back plastic straws and plastic bags? Huh?

Most people don't need any type of straw and can easily use a biodegradable cotton or other natural fibre bag.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post

Micro plastics are everywhere in our environment. Hopefully not in our drinking water. But untreated surface water will have them.

But micro platsics have already been found in human blood and lungs. And reducing plastic usage when there are better alternatives is an important strategy.

But the wing nut Conservative MP from Saskatoon thinks we should not be reducing plastic pollution? Bring back plastic straws and plastic bags? Huh?

Most people don't need any type of straw and can easily use a biodegradable cotton or other natural fibre bag.
                          CNN article: “Here’s how many times you need to reuse your reusable grocery bags.”

From the article: “According to the United Nations Environmental Program a cotton bag needs to be used 50 to 150 times to have less impact on the climate compared with one single-use plastic bag.”

Chuck2 you need to do more research.

Comment

Hi Mallee, do you have plastic straw and plastic bag bans? Jst wondering because our neighbours to the south don’t seem to need bans.

Comment

Sounds like one to two years years use to me. And they last a lot longer than 2 years. We have some that are 10 years and older. Wash and reuse!

So Hamloc are you saying cotton farms are bad for the environment? But not the petro chemical industry?

And there are other natural fibers to choose from. Are they all worse than plastic from fossil fuels? Most of the plastics are really bad for the environment if you look at their life cycle analysis.

Single use biodegrable bags might be an option. But single use is part of the problem as we live in a throw a way wasteful garbage producing culture!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...