• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conservatives want more Plastic and plastic straws? Huh?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There ya go. Belgium University settled this debate. The paper straws ARE bad for us. Doesn’t the switch to paper straws coincide with the sudden rise in cancers lately? Maybe those forever chemicals are the cause?

Our Coop in Sask had switched to the biodegradable plastic bags too.

Was in Minneapolis week ago. Went shopping at Target. Home Depot. Mall of America. Free plastic bags at the checkout or the usual heavy paper ones from the clothing stores. What a breath of fresh air. Came home with some groceries. Things made by companies we have in Canada, but you can’t buy at our grocery stores in Canada. First time I wasn’t swearing at the checkout in years.

Too bad the exchange rate is so brutal. 1.4 on my Visa. Worst I can remember.

That Conservative MP should amend his motion to outlaw the charging for bags at the checkout too.

I realized by the time we started driving home that we live in the most f#cked up country on earth, all thanks to the current Liberal disaster.
    Last edited by SmallTimeOperator; May 7, 2024, 04:13.

Comment

Poor chuck ..

Comment

yes the simpletons are all grasping at straws telling us how bad PP will be while they ignore the damage wacko has done the last 9 years , canada has been destroyed , recently i read that libs are discussing the idea of a penalty to stop people from leaving ! anybody know if that is true ? will canada be the next north Korea ?

Comment

So most of you don't want to reduce plastic in the environment by finding other solutions, improved recycling and safer biodegradable materials?

That's funny because many of you said we should solving the plastic crisis instead of reducing carbon emissions. Why the change in thinking?

First of all you can stop using straws. They are not needed unless you are disabled. If you can't drink out of a glass without spilling, try a sippy cup.

Reusable cotton bags are readily available for shopping. You just got to remember them. But that's hard?

If you go to Costco you get reused cardboard boxes instead of bags of any kind.

And you don't need a plastic bag for a single or small number of items.

In many stores you can choose a paper bag.

But in the Conservative small minds they don't want to do anything serious about environmental issues.

Bring back more single use plastics instead of less? And it will be good for the environment too!

What a wing nut idea from a light weight Conservative MP.

Axe the facts and common sense too! That should be The CPCs new campaign slogan.

Comment

You are so easily triggered to go off on a tangent .

Comment

More plastic, CO2 and pollution will be good for us?

I am starting to see a trend here!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                More plastic, CO2 and pollution will be good for us?

I am starting to see a trend here!
                A trend you’re seeing. No just the inside of your delusion.

Comment

Chuck. For shame. You and i both know you cant say disabled anymore. And to say that only disabled people need to use straws is pathetic. My kids use straws and they arent otherly- abled.
                  My mom has ms and uses straws but still does everything else. Shes not disabled.

you are an absolute unbelievable piece of dog piss. Absolutely horrid to equate the 2 together.
                  its alright for you to call names but not anyone else?

You should probably sit the next shift out. Im not sure your coach knows youre out here.

You should take a serious look at your passive aggressive nature and " conveniently woke" attititude.. ( woke when it suits yo.

Comment

Originally posted by goalieguy847 View Post
                    Chuck. For shame. You and i both know you cant say disabled anymore. And to say that only disabled people need to use straws is pathetic. My kids use straws and they arent otherly- abled.
                    My mom has ms and uses straws but still does everything else. Shes not disabled.

you are an absolute unbelievable piece of dog piss. Absolutely horrid to equate the 2 together.
                    its alright for you to call names but not anyone else?

You should probably sit the next shift out. Im not sure your coach knows youre out here.

You should take a serious look at your passive aggressive nature and " conveniently woke" attititude.. ( woke when it suits yo.

Spare us the fake outrage Goalie! Using the words disabled and a person with a disability are just fine.

And you are posting on the site where many posters regularly call all Liberals "retards" "libtards" and yet you say nothing about that obviously deplorable language?

Is it selective outrage or are you a blatant hypocrite like the rest of them?

Maybe try to teach your kids to drink without a straw. Kids can learn to do that just fine. Straws for people who don't need them is a bad habit and wasteful.

And I had a relative who had MS and they didn't need straws, so it depends a lot on their ability. And yes MS can cause more severe disability.

Comment

Lol you saw through my sarcasm didnt you?
                      well played. But i think you got my point.
                      Its incredibly easy to go too far and push people the wrong way..showing.how thin peoples skin truly is.

I dont give a shoot if someone calls me a retard. Or a liberal a retard. I voted NDP. So, im a retard. Words are just words and they dont hurt me.

i think we are all for reusable items... but the straw thing is pretty lame. The paper straws were found to have super high rates of forever chems. So. They should scrap those.

Why would the liberal govt label co-ops compostable bags as " alternative plastic" and ban them?

Why wont you ever admit that in theory... a bunch of the liberal agenda works. But ON PAPER it never seems to.

Plus .. im half your age and i have my finger on the pulse of the woke crowd.....to ask someone if they are disabled bcuz they cant NOT use a straw is absolutely a slight. You know it. I know it.

grow up, count chocula.
                      Be better.

Comment

Goalie guy, you're going to burst Chuck's myth. He claims that only reason we treat him like a pariah is because of his political views. Because we disagree with his opinion.

But if you and Blaithin keep admitting that your politics and your opinions are closely aligned with Chuck's, and the rest of us continue to treat you with respect, yet he still responds with the same hate, vitriol and disagreeableness, he may eventually understand the meaning of the term cognitive dissonance.
                        But I doubt it.

Comment

So A5 do you think more plastic pollution is good for us? Just like more CO2 and hotter and dryer summers?

Paper straws? Plastic straws? You don't need any straw unless you are person with a disability.

But keep grasping to bring back more plastic straws because the lightweight conservatives thinks it a hardship for their kids!

Comment

plastic straws are notting compared to the huge amount of packing and garbage everything we buy is wrapped in , and most of the stuff available now is also very poor quality junk from china that soon also gets sent to landfill , far bigger problems than plastic straws

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
                              plastic straws are notting compared to the huge amount of packing and garbage everything we buy is wrapped in , and most of the stuff available now is also very poor quality junk from china that soon also gets sent to landfill , far bigger problems than plastic straws
                              Exactly! Single use plastic bans of straws and shopping bags is a fart in the wind greenwashing. The big floating mass of plastic in the middle of the Pacific Ocean sure as hell wasn’t created by North America. The amount of excess packaging is atrocious. Just think how much oil imported by China goes into wrapping up things in that hard finger cutting crap.

Comment

IMHO the CPC has picked this issue to use as another lighting rod to spotlight another woke virtuous waste of time .
                                Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...