• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying votes

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying votes

What kind of horse s h it crap is this!!!

Incentives to encourage typically lower income people to visit and enjoy our parks which are already subsidized for everyone.

Saskatchewan has a free fishing weekend where no license is required.

Vote buying?

If so, it is a trivial amount compared to the taxpayer subsidies and incentives you get as a farmer.

Will the farm subsidies change your vote?

Comment

Cc what are the subsidies to farmers you keep talking about ? what am i missing out on ? if its crop insurance i have paid far far more into it than i ever have got back ,and if not for tax i would stay out of insurance

Comment

Agrinvest, Ag Stability, Ag Recovery, Crop Insurance are the major ones. The Feds and provinces pay the majority of our premiums for Crop Insurance. And taxpayers covered the recent deficits in Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba for crop insurance payouts.

Comment

when the droughts you keep talking about come hopefully i can some of my money back

Comment

So there has been no drought in Manitoba already the last few years? LOL

Comment

in all my crops here the excess moisture has been the cause for the few small crop insurance claims , 2022 we were swamped with rain in june , last year with 10 to 50% hail damage wheat just after heading out , still had a very good crop , about 10 bu an acre over coverage

Comment

So you don't believe in house or car insurance???

Comment

no choice on car , legal requirement

Comment

Cropgrower, sorry to pile on, but in a year where you do have a disaster you will be thankful for the heavily subsidized insurance.
                    if you truly feel its a waste and you pay more into it, then why do you get it?

We are very subsidized as grain farmers in canada. One cant really argue that. Agrinvest is an incredible program that every farm should be taking advantage of. What about the canola growers grain advance? Thats a hugggeee no brainer thats subsidized... interest free loan on the first.. what, 150 k? Yes please. Then prime + a little after that? These are huge gains for farms that are , in essence, paid for by the taxpayers.

Do we honestly think that the general public wouldnt be a bit pissed if they saw farms with 3 or 4 X9s at a million a pop.. with annual incomes in the millions...new tractors, new drills...etc...
                    and then have the ability to throw in 1% of gross grain revenue that gets matched by the govt?

That agrinvest account can have up to ... 2 million in it?

These are huge huge dollars..

And again, you keep getting crop insurance, not because you have to....but because you see the value in it.
                    hopefully you never get your insurance money back on your house either, correct?

I dont want a crop insurance payout. That sucks! But i still get it... and its still heavily subsidized.

BUT UNLIKE chuck, i realize that these subsidies came under the liberal govt... and the former conservative govts... and the previous liberal govt.. and will keep coming whether our next party in power is ndp..libs...or cons.

These are truly subsidies " from the people" and NOT from the govt. Its important to remember this. A little bit of my taxes would go to helping cover YOUR crop insurance payout and premiums and protection every year. AND this is something im.comfortable with.

However, last time i checked, the cost for me to visit banff national park is pretty expensive per day. Its 22$/ day for my family... my fuel to get there would be about 100 bucks in our mid sized gas guzzling suv. So 1/5th of my cost would be free if i were a new canadian. What about a 5th generation farm family thats 2 yrs older than the province of Alberta itself? Nothing for this crew thats helped feed albertans since before the 1st world war? No?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                      Incentives to encourage typically lower income people to visit and enjoy our parks which are already subsidized for everyone. Saskatchewan has a free fishing weekend where no license is required. Vote buying? If so, it is a trivial amount compared to the taxpayer subsidies and incentives you get as a farmer. Will the farm subsidies change your vote?
                      For a farmer with 40 quarters, you sure spend an inordinate time bashing farm subsidies unless your quarters are silver... interesting use of words - "our" parks as in Canadians and you're involved, yet subsides and and incentives is "you" but not "our" and you're not involved. 6400 acres is not a small farm - do you give the subsidies and incentives back, to clear your conscience?

Comment

Whats wrong with it, Trudeau is just encouraging people to get out camping and enjoy the outdoors.

Comment

Originally posted by LWeber View Post

For a farmer with 40 quarters, you sure spend an inordinate time bashing farm subsidies unless your quarters are silver... interesting use of words - "our" parks as in Canadians and you're involved, yet subsides and and incentives is "you" but not "our" and you're not involved. 6400 acres is not a small farm - do you give the subsidies and incentives back, to clear your conscience?
                          40 quarters=40 squares of linoleum

Comment

Weber I never said ag subsidies and safety nets are all bad policy did I?

But the pretend libertarians who complain about subsidies to everyone else, never seem to recognize and admit that they also get significant taxpayer subsidies.

Target the subsidies to small and medium sized farms and certain sectors who need it.

Why does Monette farms need a subsidy? They will be getting millions in taxpayers support that drives up the price of land for smaller farms who can't afford it.

Comment

Why does Net Zero/ EV's/ CBC need subsidies? To PUSH and agenda.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...