• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Education Today

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think there are a lot of valid social, emotional and learning disability reasons to choose homeschool for certain children. And a lot of very capable parents to teach them.
    Not wanting your children to learn biology such as evolution, is not amongst those valid reasons.

I begged my parents to let me homeschool back in the day. School seem like the biggest waste of time. Had to endure sitting on the bus for 2 hours, lunch hour and recess and health class and gym class and art class and countless other non-academic activities.
    The academic activities themselves were aimed at the lowest common denominator, I was bored out of my tree learning at that pace.
    The entire academic content of the school day could have been compressed into less than an hour and I could have spent the rest of the day being productive.
    One of our sons took advantage of the opportunity when schools went back in after covid. Spent one extra year doing homeschooling in grade 9. Entirely a self-starter. Had most of his days free to pursue his own interests and help me. Went back into grade 10 far ahead of where he should have been.

Comment

Know of someone home schooling their children who barely made it through high school themselves. They have to contact teachers they know for help with the curriculum regularly​.

Didn't like the fact their children were being exposed to the real world ( gays, transgender, evolution, etc etc.).

So, they decided to take away their children's childhood, mommy and daddy will provide them with all the education and social skills they will need in the real world.

Great parenting is what is reguired when your children are in public schools, stop blaming the teachers and the curriculum.

As parents education isn't just from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm.

Comment

Its parents who set the example and influence children in the early years to value education. A lot of learning occurs in the home with parents who are engaged.

But how many parents really have the time, skills and knowledge to properly teach advanced math and science?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          From observation. I haven't noticed any other posters posting exclusively in Chuck's daycare and not in the commodity marketing forum. Even Austranada had his adult privileges given back. Apparently the administrators decided that Chuck was even worse than that.
          If there are exceptions, let me know.
          So you don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
            Know of someone home schooling their children who barely made it through high school themselves. They have to contact teachers they know for help with the curriculum regularly​.

Didn't like the fact their children were being exposed to the real world ( gays, transgender, evolution, etc etc.).

So, they decided to take away their children's childhood, mommy and daddy will provide them with all the education and social skills they will need in the real world.

Great parenting is what is reguired when your children are in public schools, stop blaming the teachers and the curriculum.

As parents education isn't just from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm.
            The absolutely number one reason I would consider homeschooling any children I might ever have is to keep their exposure to other people’s kids to the minimum. Lackadaisical parenting has lead to the school system becoming a cess pit of poor behaviour, self entitlement, and disrespect.

Think of it as propaganda. If your child doesn’t watch tv to see McDonald’s commercials and doesn’t even know McDonald’s exists, they can’t demand only McDonald’s for food. They can’t want cell phones or iPads. They can’t think drugs are super cool to fit in. And yes, they won’t be exposed to the ideas that if they feel like an outcast they must be a different gender. I have nothing against legitimate transsexuals but feel that waaayyyy too many are teenagers trying to find their place in the world and now transgender is top of the list of things to find it. When I was a teenager you’d see many suddenly become vegetarian for periods, or find religion, or become goth or emo, now it’s be transgender.

A child raised in a home that doesn’t degrade such things, but also doesn’t toss them around as things to be in the daily, is a more natural environment for a child to grow up and find their real identity, not one the society of school is currently talking about.

Children should find their own identities, not be influenced into an identity because they’re impressionable. In today’s age, this seems almost impossible.

Get them off social media. Get them outside. The easiest way to do this is get them out of the schools.

However I will say that, and this will sound slightly conceited, I think I’m open minded enough and educated enough to pull off homeschooling to a more successful degree than many who choose the path. I was recently called out for playing Devils Advocate, which according to them is a bad thing. However I see it as viewing something from different angles, not just the angle of my opinion. My biggest negative aspect of homeschooling is I like time alone and wouldn’t want to put up with kids day in, day out Lol
            Last edited by Blaithin; Apr 27, 2024, 11:28.

Comment

Blaithin, could you help me out please. In my mission to help educate Chuck on effective debating skills, I have nearly succeeded in convincing him that LOL is not appropriate for someone of his supposed age and educational level, especially in the out of context situations where he uses it.
              I think the humor of your statement about kids is obvious without including the LOL.
              We all need to set a good example if we want Chuck to learn how to behave in public.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post

So you don't know.
                No. So you are correct, Chuck can keep his hard-earned title of being not the worst poster. There may hypothetically be another poster even worse than him who has been banished from the adult table as well. We just haven't found him or her yet.
                Hope is the last to die.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                  Blaithin, could you help me out please. In my mission to help educate Chuck on effective debating skills, I have nearly succeeded in convincing him that LOL is not appropriate for someone of his supposed age and educational level, especially in the out of context situations where he uses it.
                  I think the humor of your statement about kids is obvious without including the LOL.
                  We all need to set a good example if we want Chuck to learn how to behave in public.
                  Sorry, I’m likely at least 20 years younger than Chuck and female. If I don’t make it obvious when I’m being slightly humorous I get labelled a Bitch. Especially when conversing with men. I tried to emoji but it just ??????’d me so I had to switch to Lol. I made sure I did not completely capitalize it though.

Comment

Thank you for explaining yourself. I wouldn't want to be labeled a hypocrite for calling out chuck, and letting it slide when another poster does the same thing.

Comment

I understand.

Your ability to pick up what I’m laying down is refreshing. Others are more… tightly wound, and require some obvious laughing to diffuse my meaning.

Comment

Apparently A5 hasn't figured out yet that most people use a lot emojis on social media and in their smart phone communication. Try to keep up with the times A5!

And I know lots of home schoolers don't want their children exposed to bad influences, other children, leftists or the infidels.

But unless your kids are planning to live in the backwoods off grid with no social contact, they will need to learn some social skills to deal with the anal sphincter​s of the world, like A5.
                        Last edited by chuckChuck; Apr 28, 2024, 08:50.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                          Apparently A5 hasn't figured out yet that most people use a lot emojis on social media and in their smart phone communication. Try to keep up with the times A5!

And I know lots of home schoolers don't want their children exposed to bad influences, other children, leftists or the infidels.

But unless your kids are planning to live in the backwoods off grid with no social contact, they will need to learn some social skills to deal with the anal sphincter​s of the world, like A5.
                          Chuck I fully agree but lay off the dickheadness.

Comment

When in Rome do as the Romans do!

And thanks for you support!
                            Last edited by chuckChuck; Apr 28, 2024, 09:05.

Comment

Yes, Chuck, you are welcome and encouraged to communicate by whatever means you think effectively reflects your level of maturity, and the intellectual level of your posts.
                              As the smartest guy in the room, whose modus operandi is to belittle and lecture us lowly uneducated peasant farmers from your pulpit of Mensa, you have made the correct choice by using emojis to prove your brilliance to your audience.

You could even use Klingon if you think it would help with your credibility.
                              Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Apr 28, 2024, 12:22.

Comment

At the pace of AI, education is going to be the first industry disrupted. People will learn from it for a while, until AI becomes smarter than the average Joe, then its game over. Remember 80 IQ is borderline retarded. Gonna have to roll out that vaccine again to cull more of the herd.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...