• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Education Today

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The kids know they are wasting their time and days are long when they aren’t motivated. I was taught by nuns and we had to know our stuff backwards and forwards, or else. There were only two of us who were not Catholic in the high school. I thrived on their authoritarian style and gained the confidence to love university, challenged profs, part of debating club, economic society. I don’t remember one prof in advanced economics spewing government rhetoric. Profs actually taught, despite being left-wingers, they knew their role was to teach subject matter. I am told that is not the case today and that saddens me. That was the early nineties.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
      Yeah your behaviour is saintly. C.C. is not the worst poster, I could nominate a few others.
      For example?
      How many other posters continuously disobeyed the simple rules of conduct so blatantly that the administrators had to permanently banish them from the adult forum?

Comment

C.C. is not the worst poster.
        That may be the nicest thing anyone has ever said to Chuck on this forum. And that's coming from the closest thing he has to an ally.
        Perhaps chuck could use that as a tagline. Not the worst poster.
        Set the bar low enough...
        Of course, he may take that as a challenge.

Comment

C.R. is not the worst poster, I could nominate a few others.
          He’s definitely the worst worst poster, nobody has chased away good people like C.R. Has, I’m all for free speech but when someone has an agenda for dumbing down society maybe the chuckroach needs cancelled!

Comment

Even in business collage at the UofS it mandatory to sit through a shaming course on indigenous studies . The youngest thought it would be great to learn about culture, all good . But nope 90% was shaming and making this young generation feel as guilty as possible that their parents and grandparents worked tirelessly to provide for their family . Every single essay the had to apologize for who they were .
            it’s sickening actually.
            could be so much more worthwhile
            Last edited by furrowtickler; Apr 26, 2024, 04:36.

Comment

Good for for noticing and keeping an eye out for your grand kids. Yes, get them the hell out of that school. Everyone I know who have been home schooled are much more intelligent and self disciplined all absolutely normal.

"Formal education will make you a living, self education will make you a fortune."

Comment

My whole family and wife family are educators. Mine being grade school educators from small towns..and hers being MAINLY well travelled, worldly lived ( made that phrase up but it works here) and urban dwellers. Thr difference in conversations i have with the 2 families in regards to education is shocking...but understood. I firmly believe that the public grade school education system we have is very.... very good considering the circumstances. You cant please everyone and we have yet to see or hear of any " woke indoctrination" in our small rural school that our oldest goes to...
                universities, however, are a wildly different story here in Canada and usa. But its important to remember that every university is for profit... and what you major in will.have crazy different classes and viewpoints .
                Do you think all those people marching for " insert silly thing here" are science majors? Pffftttt

Now, as for home schooling...

Have any of you.. ever honestly met someone who was homeschooled that you came out of that conversation thinking " hmmm... yeah.. that guy is cool. Id like to have a beer with him sometime and pick his brain ( or her).

The correct answer is NO. NO YOU HAVE NOT.
                Home schooling = weirdos. Always.

You ever talked to a hutterite and thought... " yeah, thats a scholar right there"

Again... no, you have not.

Its important to realize that education isnt what it was in the 50s and 60s... or even what it was when i went thru in the late 80s and 90s.
                Nobody uses a calculator anymore and remembering is for idiots. We all have our googlers in our hands and critical thinking is what needs to be expanded upon.
                Plus look.at all the new crap these kids need to know....

Coding? .............Da *** you say to me?

Comment

Well said goalie guy.

Home schooling is often chosen because of religious reasons or wanting to keep kids from the influence of their peers or because of bullying.

Its most often the christian fundamentalists who take the bible literally who choose to home school.

Legacy Christian in Saskatoon taught creationism instead of evolution. They also locked kids up and physically and mentally abused them. And in one case they they were sexually assaulted by a staff member. They taught according to christian fundamentalism.

It was so bad the province intervened and now it is about to be shut down and rebranded because, surprise nobody wants their kids to go there.

If this is the type of education taxpayers are funding it is indeed very bad compared to the public system which stopped strapping the kids decades ago.

Of course right wingers and social conservatives often disagree with any discussion at school of issues that they don't agree with. They want their particular ideology taught instead of a broad inclusive look at all issues.

Many of the kids that came out of legacy in Saskatoon said the school taught them substandard crap and did not prepare them to succeed in the real world.

The same can be said for home schooling in many cases.

Last edited by chuckChuck; Apr 26, 2024, 06:32.

Comment

Do you check under your bed every night for the bogey man?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                      Well said goalie guy.

Home schooling is often chosen because of religious reasons or wanting to keep kids from the influence of their peers or because of bullying.

Its most often the christian fundamentalists who take the bible literally who choose to home school.

Legacy Christian in Saskatoon taught creationism instead of evolution. They also locked kids up and physically and mentally abused them. And in one case they they were sexually assaulted by a staff member. They taught according to christian fundamentalism.

It was so bad the province intervened and now it is about to be shut down and rebranded because, surprise nobody wants their kids to go there.

If this is the type of education taxpayers are funding it is indeed very bad compared to the public system which stopped strapping the kids decades ago.

Of course right wingers and social conservatives often disagree with any discussion at school of issues that they don't agree with. They want their particular ideology taught instead of a broad inclusive look at all issues.

Many of the kids that came out of legacy in Saskatoon said the school taught them substandard crap and did not prepare them to succeed in the real world.

The same can be said for home schooling in many cases.

You are right on this one cc.

Comment

Know nothing of Legacy School.
                        That post fairly bigoted.
                        Home schooling to me means at/in the home.
                        ????I envy the homes with the resources to do it. Skills, aptitude, time, Money.
                        I wish I could've done it for my son starting in '19. He'd be in college now.
                        Instead he'll finish grade 10 next year.
                        I suspect I would have benefited greatly from home schooling.
                        Don't take the option away. More will fall through the cracks

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post

You are right on this one cc.
                          And that right there is a difference between an ideologue, and a pragmatist.

Can you imagine Chuck ever swallowing his pride and toning down the rhetoric long enough to say you are right on this one Wilton?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post

For example?
                            How many other posters continuously disobeyed the simple rules of conduct so blatantly that the administrators had to permanently banish them from the adult forum?
                            And you know this how?

Comment

I know some people who have been home schooled and done alright but their parents were all in expanding their knowledge beyond the curriculum. Otherwise I know some with the social skills of a soap dish. I do not think there is anything wrong with home schooling especially for kids with social anxiety issues caused by autism. However, what I find is many of the home schooled around are religious zealots. Aside from zealots one of the local freedom fighters hasn’t had their young child in school for a couple years opting to home school but can’t see it learning much as momma has been camped by the overpass outside of town for a month. That’s bloody neglect and the hag should be taken to task.

Comment

And you know this how?
                                From observation. I haven't noticed any other posters posting exclusively in Chuck's daycare and not in the commodity marketing forum. Even Austranada had his adult privileges given back. Apparently the administrators decided that Chuck was even worse than that.
                                If there are exceptions, let me know.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...