• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFU is human, after all.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFU is human, after all.

Didn't want to derail another thread.
    Although it set me to a rambling muse.
    Some history.
    An acquaintance was on a trade mission to Asia somewhere for the canola industry a few decades ago.
    About the time they absorbed Wild Rose.
    The NFU was along.
    His budget put everyone up at a Y with the cafeteria for meetings. (His story).
    The NFU budget had the hospitality suite, top floor at the Four Seasons.
    Largest funder, the Quebec Dairy Farmers. Guess where all the dignitaries went LoL.
    During other meetings in the same role, he always talked of free trade. And was told no, Canada isn't because of, you guessed it.
    Either way, the goal of freezing Quebec dairy in time is crumbling, however slowly.
    Anyone involved in the Wheat Civil War has stories of NFU members acting similarly to the loudest, most uncivil, lockdown protester.
    So, they are no different than anyone else.
    There are hundreds of stories that sadly won't get written about that War. So much the beneficiary's won't know. So much yet to do. So much squandered.
    The NFU should never dare to point fingers. And a well rounded history including the money needs telling.
    The next generation needs to wake the hell up. Every year there are telling proclamations from Ottawa.
    Heralding both the source, and future direction.
    Last edited by blackpowder; Apr 17, 2024, 21:10.

Funny no response from Chuck on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
      Funny no response from Chuck on this one.
      I was about to say the same. It is obvious what great lengths Chuck goes to to avoid saying anything about the nfu.
      Probably just a coincidence though. There are a lot of those in his world.

Comment

Statistically crows have a much higher IQ than NFU members, who knew there’s a statistic for absolutely everything!

Comment

They are probably on the same level as Magpies.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
            Well that may be accurate ..
            fairly intelligent and definitely know how to survive off others and hard to get rid of

Comment

More whining and revisionist history from the "farmers for just us" types who complain about subsidies and support to everyone else but themselves?

I think we all remember the times the out of touch western canadian wheat growers who used to hold their annual meeting in Puerto Vallarta and other expensive out of reach locations so that the little guy farmers could be ignored and put in their place.

The wheat growers liked Puerto Vallarta because they could write off their winter tropical family vacation at the expense of taxpayers. Nice "work" if you can get it!

Comment

Have you ever commented on the NFU?
                It seems conspicuous how you avoid discussing your own organization.

Comment

Victors write the history. Not the losers. Revisionist references The Lost Cause writings post US Civil War. Clearly putting cc in the latter camp. Fact Denier.
                  The WCWGA have had far more agms in Canada than anywhere else. Usually in industry centers for access to insight.
                  Curious, what NFU initiatives have added to our industry's growth?
                  I can assure you there would be no canola industry as we know it if today's revisionists had had their way.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                    Not even close, the average NFU member isn’t even on the same level as Magpies!

Comment

More whining and revisionist history from the "farmers for just us" types who complain about subsidies and support to everyone else, but themselves?

The pretend libertarians on Agrisilly are all about liberty for themselves, but not so much for anyone else.

Comment

A parrot.
                        The largest Denier here.

This from an acquaintance.

"NFU - no other farm organization has cost farmers more than they have - and history set to frikkin repeat itself with Climate crap

1982/83 - Debate: Jean Luc Pepin – 13 billion payout – NFU and Prairie Pools go ballistic.
                        1993/94 - Debate: Charlie Mayer – 7+ billion payout - NFU and Prairie Pools go ballistic.

1995/96 – FINAL: Ralph Goodale – 1.8 billion (farmers received 1.3 billion"

We need to all remind ourselves that resisting change at all costs, costs everything.
                        Last edited by blackpowder; Apr 24, 2024, 09:24.

Comment

Your acquaintance had to tell you why you disagree with the NFU?

These policy issues only go back 40 years! And your acquaintance is still angry?

Comment

I had an ex wife who rolled her eyes all the time. But she also abused my son in public so that's another story.

The person in question can't log in here because he was a dick only once. You must be paid.

Policies going back 80 years contributed to where we still are today in this industry.
                            We still have unresolved issues costing our industry money.
                            And we still have fanatics fueled with Eastern money keeping up the tradition.
                            I hauled grain out of Vancouver in the early 80s. Don't tell me what to think. I saw it for what it was while your type would chant with glazed eyes.
                            The next generation needs to learn this.
                            Never Forget!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...