• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian Carbon Rebate

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
    I like carbon. Natural likes carbon .
    Why would we want to limit it?
    If the levels drop below 200 ppm nature will start to die! We are just a little over 400 ppm. A nice green world would need 600-1000 ppm!
    Exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
      Then there is the extremely expensive DEF systems used in North America , that already cut emissions dramatically.
      I watched a farm tour yesterday from Argentina , zero DEF or emissions systems on any machines. And yes most were all newer tractors, combines and sprayers on very large modern farms .
      Yes , zero emissions let alone tier 5 or 6 or whatever we are at .
      No carbon tax there , no emissions control .
      Then go to Brazil , China , India , All of Africa , Russia , Ukraine……. That’s where the vast May C02 emissions are coming from … that’s a fact
      yet Canadians are being punished for being responsible and doing our part long before this carbon tax came to be .
      I think Canada must be a case study by those actually in charge to see just how much wealth can be extracted from its citizens.

Comment

I see that several of the posters don't understand the natural carbon cycle.

No surprise there.

The boreal forest captures carbon but decomposing and dying trees and forest fires release carbon..

And because of pine beetle and more forest fires, the boreal forest is releasing more carbon than it is capturing as the planet is warming.

"When you add up both the absorption and emission, Canada's forests haven't been a net carbon sink since 2001. Due largely to forest fires and insect infestations, the trees have actually added to our country's greenhouse gas emissions for each of the past 15 years ([url]https://www.nrcan.gc.ca/forests/report/disturbance/16552[/url]) on record.​"

Comment

The ROOTS man, think of the ROOT mass!

Comment

Originally posted by blueversi View Post
            I think Canada must be a case study by those actually in charge to see just how much wealth can be extracted from its citizens.
            I think it is even worse than that though.
            There seems to be a determined effort to not only extract all existing wealth, but to kill the Golden goose with idiotic regulations and taxes at the same time. There will soon be no wealth left to extract.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post

I think it is even worse than that though.
              There seems to be a determined effort to not only extract all existing wealth, but to kill the Golden goose with idiotic regulations and taxes at the same time. There will soon be no wealth left to extract.
              This too.

Comment

I see a pattern here the same folk that get excited about Carbon Tax Rebate ,probably got all fuzzy over there CWB final payment.Failing to realize it’s not a prize but a portion of the funds that were held back by our Federal Gov.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                  The ROOTS man, think of the ROOT mass!
                  Huh? What happens to the roots when the tree dies? In many species the roots die and decompose and release carbon too.

"When you add up both the absorption and emission, Canada's forests haven't been a net carbon sink since 2001. Due largely to forest fires and insect infestations, the trees have actually added to our country's greenhouse gas emissions for each of the past 15 years ([url]https://www.nrcan.gc.ca/forests/report/disturbance/16552[/url]) on record.​"​

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post

Huh? What happens to the roots when the tree dies? In many species the roots die and decompose and release carbon too.
                    I realize that this concept will be far above your pay grade, considering that you haven't yet accepted that the glaciers that used to cover your imaginary farm melted before the industrial era. But I will entertain myself by responding anyways. You have done such a good job of exposing your gross ignorance of anything related to agriculture or biology, that I just can't resist.

You have a real fixation with the Athabasca glacier. I assume you have visited the site, and seen the signs for yourself? What did you observe about the soil left behind from the glacier?
                    Was it rich and black and mellow and full of organic matter, also known as carbon?
                    Or was it ground up rocks devoid of organic matter?

I don't know about your imaginary farm, but on my real farm, the best soils have up to 15% organic matter, the peat moss has many multiples of that. (And the poorest soils which have been farmed under a low input model for most of a century happy graded to around 3%)
                    And it all started out as glacial till, with no organic matter.
                    Any guesses how that organic matter/carbon was added to the soil? It wouldn't have anything to do with decomposing tree roots and trees and plants and mosses and insects and worms and bacteria and fungus and every other living thing which dies and decomposes and becomes organic matter, now would it?
                    For bonus marks, can you see any connection between this process and your favorite topic about CO2 levels naturally dropping as nature sequesters CO2?

Comment

I would think that every time a tree root decomposes it releases carbon, it all depends if the root is under ground or above ground as too where the carbon is released, if it’s unground the carbon isn’t released into the atmosphere.

I don’t really care if the carbon is releasing underground or into the atmosphere, carbon isn’t a problem it’s something we all need, it makes the earth happy.

Comment

"it makes the earth happy."

And Libtards Climate Nazis phucking bat shit CRAZY or TERRIFIED of nice and warm. They rather be covered by ICE frozen to death. Total lunacy!

Read Les Henry article in Grainews or on the web. See his intelligent rational take.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                          "it makes the earth happy."
                          CO2 definitely makes the earth happy, in chuckroach language it makes the earth gooder!

im actually serious, if the roach wasn’t brain washed he’d probably figure it out.

Comment

It’s time again for the truth of this absurd b/s

Comment

Yes humans have an effect of the environment, slightly , but long term climate change is 100% blamed on the middle class , which it is , is absolutely nonsense.
                              58 national companies are responsible for the vast majority of the C02 emissions world wide . Google it ..
                              yet the average Joe trying to raise a family in the Western world is baring the brunt of the ridiculous facade.
                              it’s insane that the middle class tax payers are left to burden the costs of world pollution and exaggerated climate “catastrophe”at the the expense of billionaires.
                              it’s laughable actually
                              Last edited by furrowtickler; Apr 6, 2024, 05:38.

Comment

Yet tax’s are going to change the climate while the rest of the world laughs at Canada .
                                we are going to tax our children into poverty.
                                there is a reason why 90% of young Canadians can’t afford a house and never will .
                                These policies are destroying our economy

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...