• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian Carbon Rebate

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lazards LCOE shows that renewables are the lowest cost source for new generation. And that's before we factor in all the external costs of fossil fuels and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
      We can use less energy more efficiently and still be very well off.

But if you are going to line up idling in your $80,000, 500 hp truck to pickup your breakfast of timbits because you are too lazy or disorganized to make it yourself, then we have a problem.

Just a small example of how stupid we are when it comes to wasting resources.

We got very use to low cost energy so we designed an inneficient unsustainable system around it.
      You do realize your on an agricultural forum!? I think there are very few of us that drive to town for breakfast. As usual your statements aren’t even close to reality. Most people lined up at Tim Hortons are on there way to work in town.

Comment

Huh? Did you do a study or what? So city folks never go to Timmies!

And they don't know how to make coffee and breakfast at home?

Comment

Huh? Did you do a study or what? So city folks never go to Timmies!

And they don't know how to make coffee and breakfast at home?
          I believe that was my point Chuck2. Most people at Tim’s are city folk grabbing a coffee not farmers going for breakfast. You really need to learn how to read.

Comment

Can't we get some kind of law against that?

Maybe bring that up at your next NFU board meeting and get them lobbying?

Have to all do our part cutting CO2.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
              Can't we get some kind of law against that?

Maybe bring that up at your next NFU board meeting and get them lobbying?

Have to all do our part cutting CO2.
              It is telling that the only thing Chuck seems to know about farming is that the stereotypical farmer drives a diesel pickup truck.
              He has seen diesel pickup trucks idling at the coffee shop.
              While he is completely unable to come up with any compelling story of what emission cutting measures he has done on his own imaginary farm, he has latched on to Farmers and pickup trucks idling at Tim hortons. That is the biggest issue of our times.
              LIke a dog with a bone.

I don't fit the stereotype. I don't drink coffee. I don't have a diesel pickup truck and I don't hang out at the coffee shop.
              ​​​​​​​

Comment

Someone should do the math on how much heat is generated by forest fires, grass fires and volcanoes, compared with how much heat is generated by fossil fuels, I’ll bet the fossil fuels that man burns doesn’t hold a candle towards what Mother Nature has a hand in.

Comment

Most people in the country aren't farmers who get carbon tax free diesel.

And most people live in cities and towns. They drive relatively short commutes and don't need an expensive to own and operate luxury pickup truck for most trips.

And surely they don't need a pickup for picking up a coffee and breakfast because they are too lazy to make their own?

If you are going to complain about the carbon tax on fuel maybe think about the fuel efficiency of the vehicle you drive first.

Pickup trucks are the most expensive vehicle to own and operate regardless of the carbon tax.

Comment

Most people in the country aren't farmers who get carbon tax free diesel.

And most people live in cities and towns. They drive relatively short commutes and don't need an expensive to own and operate luxury pickup truck for most trips.

And surely they don't need a pickup for picking up a coffee and breakfast because they are too lazy to make their own?

If you are going to complain about the carbon tax on fuel maybe think about the fuel efficiency of the vehicle you drive first.

Pickup trucks are the most expensive vehicle to own and operate regardless of the carbon tax.
                    What are farmers 2-3% of the population? In 2022 pick up truckers made up 24% of vehicles sold? And your attacking farmers?

Comment

I am not attacking farmers who have pickup trucks. I have several and use them when I need them.

But if you are one of the many non farming truck owners who are complaining about the fuel tax, maybe think about the cost of low fuel efficiency and cost of ownership first. Before whining about the fuel taxes.

Comment

I am not attacking farmers who have pickup trucks. I have several and use them when I need them.

But if you are one of the many non farming truck owners who are complaining about the fuel tax, maybe think about the cost of low fuel efficiency and cost of ownership first. Before whining about the fuel taxes.
                        I reread your post, I misinterpreted what you said. I stand corrected.

Comment

Once again, I think you have misinterpreted Your target audience.
                          This is an agricultural forum, populated by farmers, and one troll who knows nothing about agriculture.
                          Why are you lecturing Farmers about being non-farmers and their fuel efficiency?

And you have several pickup trucks? For what possible reason would you need several pickup trucks? What is the CO2 footprint of manufacturing more pickup trucks than one person can drive at one time?

Comment

If inflation has risen in March and it's because of higher oil prices are you going to lay the blame where blame lies or are you going to blame it all on the carbon tax like PP?

If I am missing the target why are you responding to my posts?

Comment

“I have several”. I was asleep at the switch. So on one hand you brag about driving a hybrid and about your solar array, on the other after constantly attacking hypothetical people driving pick ups through the Tim Hortons drive through it turns out you not only own a pick up, you own several. There is really nothing I can say except Chuck2 welcome to the Flat Earth club!!!

Comment

Huh? You are surprised that some farmers have more than one pickup truck for farm work on a busy farm?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...