• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alta renewable energy industry will cause little threat to agriculture, environment

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alta renewable energy industry will cause little threat to agriculture, environment

Province’s renewable energy industry will cause little threat to agriculture or the environment

Renewable energy development will result in less than one per cent of agricultural land loss by 2041, said the Alberta Utilities Commission report

Alberta Farmer Express

By Alexis Kienlen

[url]https://www.albertafarmexpress.ca/news/provinces-renewable-energy-industry-will-cause-little-threat-to-agriculture-or-the-environment/[/url]

Photo: Greg Berg/File The province’s booming renewables industry will not be a threat to Alberta’s agricultural or environmental industries, said a report released by the Alberta Utilities Commission.

If all renewable development locates on (some of Alberta’s best) land the percentage of agricultural land loss is estimated to be less than one per cent by 2041, said the Alberta Utilities Commission report released, Wednesday, March 13.
    The Alberta Utilities Commission addressed concerns that solar and wind facilities could leave landowners and the public with bills for reclamation when the facilities are no longer in use.

In comparison to other forms of industrial development, renewable plant projects have relatively contained reclamation risks, said the report. The risks with groundwater and off-site contamination are generally low.
    The report is the first of two reports the United Conservative government asked the commission to produce to investigate Alberta’s booming solar and wind power industry. This report comes shortly after the United Conservative Government removed its six-month moratorium on approvals for new renewables generation.
    The report found renewable power is much less of a threat to the province’s farmland than other forms of energy development and urban spread.
    From 2019 to 2021, the largest driver of agricultural land loss was expansion of pipelines and industrial sites, said the report. Other key drivers include urban residential developments, mines, wells and roads.
    The report said the proliferation of wind and solar projects will likely be more concentrated in some parts of the province than others.
    ADVERTISEMENT
    The report also noted most of the wind and solar sites are located on poorer land. Wind farms use about five per cent of their lease area, leaving the rest available for grazing or suitable crops.

The report calls for more research on combining agriculture and renewable energy and said that current rules are adequate to ensure reclamation.

?

Ugly bird grinders should be in cities where demand is, not 1000's 0f miles of expensive transmission cables causing voltage drop. Let urbans feel/hear the NOISE.

Comment

So what are the bird losses compared to the millions of windows, domestic cats, vehicles, transmission wires, habitat loss, pollution and pesticides?

But the only one you mention is windmills? We know you likely really don't give a dam about birds, so we can see right through your hypocritical crap!

Comment

Didnt we cover this whole shpiel.... last week?

Comment

Originally posted by goalieguy847 View Post
          Didnt we cover this whole shpiel.... last week?
          My thoughts exactly.

Comment

yeah because some of the posters are slow learners and you got to repeat it and repeat it and some will never get it anyway!

So what are the bird losses from wind mills as compared to all the millions of windows, domestic cats, vehicles, transmission wires, habitat loss, pollution and pesticides?

Let me sum it up this way. Wind mills are not the problem when it comes to all the massive bird losses from other sources!

Prove me wrong or give up!
            Last edited by chuckChuck; Mar 29, 2024, 07:38.

Comment

one bird covered in oil , top news story , birds killed by bird choppers notting , thats the problem , and i dont care one bit about birds , mostly a pest is what they are , its the hipocrisy is the problem , but we all know the agenda , the ones of us that can think anyhow

Comment

It matters very little what you and I think about where they install solar farm or windmills.

The Conversationists are now pushing on the desert locations for solar because they disturb habitat for the rare birds and wildlife that live out there.
                The BLM lands between Las Vegas and LA seemed to be the ideal location for renewables.
                Now they have activists causing delays and increasing costs.
                Activists killed Nuclear.

We won't even talk about the whales and the moan from wind turbines.

Push back everywhere on locations of renewables.

Who pays those activist?
                Last edited by shtferbrains; Mar 29, 2024, 08:25.

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
                  one bird covered in oil , top news story , birds killed by bird choppers notting , thats the problem , and i dont care one bit about birds , mostly a pest is what they are , its the hipocrisy is the problem , but we all know the agenda , the ones of us that can think anyhow
                  All birds are pests? WTF? Are you serious?

Well that sadly explains a lot!

Just what we need! Farmers who tell the public that all the birds are pests and they don't care about them.

Comment

looks like you have a reading problem again ,did you ever see lambs with their eyes picked out by crows CC ? while being born , im sure you would realy love the crows after that

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                      yeah because some of the posters are slow learners and you got to repeat it and repeat it

Chuck taking a page right from Goebbel's book of propaganda:
                      people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it.

Great role model you have.

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
                        looks like you have a reading problem again ,did you ever see lambs with their eyes picked out by crows CC ? while being born , im sure you would realy love the crows after that
                        So crows are the only birds we have? Or are there other types of birds that don't do any harm perhaps? Or in fact eat insects and other pests? Naw that could never be true according to Crap!

So all birds are pests or just crows? Wake up Crop! Not all birds are pests and many are beneficial!

And A5 compares me to the Nazi propagandists? LOL

Just like anybody who disagrees with you must be a Marxist?

It must be the land of extremes in A5s little Libertarian mind.

Last edited by chuckChuck; Mar 29, 2024, 09:51.

Comment

See your previous post. You literally used the same expression.
                          Probably just a coincidence and there are lots of factors...

Comment

Would you rather that I compare your repetitive, yet entirely ineffective tactics to the definition of insanity?
                            Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
                            That might be more accurate, considering your collosal failure to convert any of your fellow posters to your ideology. Quite the opposite actually.
                            Goebbels was at least successful with his propaganda.
                            I apologize, in comparing you to a famous historical figure, I gave you too much credit again.

Comment

So crows are the only birds we have? Or are there other types of birds that don't do any harm perhaps? Or in fact eat insects and other pests? Naw that could never be true according to Crap!

So all birds are pests or just crows? Wake up Crop! Not all birds are pests and many are beneficial!

Just like anybody who disagrees with you must be a Marxist?

It must be the land of extremes in A5s little Libertarian mind.

I said birds are mostly a pest ,not as bad here in canada as most are gone for the winter ,in ireland pure pest around farmyard ,worst in winter when animals are in sheds , but you dont have much clue about anything thats not on your TV , thats my opinion and that opinion wont change anytime soon
                              Last edited by cropgrower; Mar 29, 2024, 12:54.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...