• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trudeau says he is quite a man because he won’t abandon,”the fight”.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As the Greenland glaciers recede again, do you think we will find signs put up by the former residents indicating where the farmland used to be before the glaciers over took it during the little ice age?
    Similar to the signs at the Athabasca glacier? Only opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
      Why does that matter when we are talking about unprecedented rapid warming because of greenhouse gases since about 1850?
      Why does that matter? You're not sure if the glaciers left your farm after 1850 when man made CO2 started rising, or many thousands of years before that, and you don't think that small detail matters?

Since you seem very confident that modern day glacier retreats are most certainly caused by CO2, then you need to reconcile what caused your glaciers to melt, and when. If you think they melted after 1850, then your CO2 theory is valid.

Otherwise, your cognitive dissonance has just reached a new all time high. And that is really an accomplishment.

Comment

Pictures of 1850 glacier , PLEASE!

Comment

Just more flat earth denial about glaciers retreating and warming temperatures?

I guess the ongoing drought and water shortage in the southern prairies isn't real either?

More CO2, heat and drought extremes will be good for us!

Axe the facts?

Comment

Yet another system of moisture going through southern Alberta . Nice to see .

Comment

Yeah I bet the glaciers are growing based on the recent spring moisture!

They are going to need more rain and snow to make up for the deficit.

But I am sure they are cheering on hotter and dryer summers and warmer and dryer winters too! Just so they can enjoy the crop benefits of more CO2.

Comment

Just more flat earth denial about glaciers retreating and warming temperatures?

I guess the ongoing drought and water shortage in the southern prairies isn't real either?

More CO2, heat and drought extremes will be good for us!

Axe the facts?
                Right back at you CC… intimidation and negativity… deception and political rhetoric… don’t fool common sense farmers…

Comment

Wrong again Tom!

Including 2024, the downward linear trend in March sea ice extent is 37,000 square kilometers (14,000 square miles) per year, or 2.4 percent per decade relative to the 1981 to 2010 average. Since 1979, Arctic sea ice loss in March is 1.68 million square kilometers (649,000 square miles), which is roughly equivalent to the size of the state of Alaska or the country of Iran.

[url]https://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/[/url]

Comment

Is there any good reason why you would choose 1979 as we start point of your Cherry picked graph?
                    Do you happen to know what climate trend was in place from the 40s till the end of the '70s?

Comment

Its not my graph. Its from the National Snow and Ice Data Centre.

But you are sure that arctic ice is not declining?

Show us the evidence and credible sources for that dumbass claim!

Comment

Once again, your clairvoyance is dreadful. I am very much sure that Arctic sea ice has been declining since the late 70s. After increasing for 3 decades before that. Three decades during which CO2 increased massively during the post-war industrial boom.

Which makes me far less certain that the recent decrease in Arctic sea ice can be attributed to co2.

And arctic sea ice extent still far exceeds the extent it had during the medieval warm period. If CO2 emissions can explain that, then please enlighten me.
                        Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Apr 4, 2024, 07:41.

Comment

Did you know that the very same snow and ice Data center where you Cherry picked that graph from, also has satellite data going back to 1964?
                          Why didn't you post that data instead?

Comment

So 40 years of ice data is not enough to prove the arctic ice is shrinking?

So you do agree arctic ice and most of the worlds glaciers are shrinking! Progress!

Now you can try to understand why increasing CO2 levels are accelerating global warming and climate change.

Comment

Now you can try to understand why increasing CO2 levels are accelerating global warming and climate change.
                              Is it possible that you missed my post number 86? I addressed this concern of yours, and asked you a question.

Comment

The science is clear arctic ice and ice on Greenland is declining because of human caused climate change.

269 billion tonnes per year since 2002 of ice mass.

[url]https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/ice-sheets/?intent=121[/url]

What are your measurements A5?

Got your tape measure and scale out?

Or do you just look out the window and declare the earth looks flat like your buddy BL? Where is he BTW?
                                Last edited by chuckChuck; Apr 6, 2024, 07:40.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...