• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wab makes healthcare worse in manitoba

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wab makes healthcare worse in manitoba

People vote for clowns and we get a circus , anybody know why nurses from philippines are now not allowed allowed to work in manitoba ? i have often heard they are some of the best most hardworking nurses , please NDP suporters exlpain this policy
    Last edited by cropgrower; Mar 14, 2024, 13:06.

I'm sure that wouldn't have anything to do with the love affair between public sector unions and NDP.

Comment

CC will explain it all im sure , with a few insults and name calling ! friend of my wife told her about this and i went looking ,cant find a lot of info , makes no sense whatsoever when we are so short of healthcare workers , thought here may be a good place to get answers , and balance things out a bit as we have lots of posts about other premiers !

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
        CC will explain it all im sure , with a few insults and name calling ! friend of my wife told her about this and i went looking ,cant find a lot of info , makes no sense whatsoever when we are so short of healthcare workers , thought here may be a good place to get answers , and balance things out a bit as we have lots of posts about other premiers !
        Isn't it amazing how a few well-placed insults, and some strategic name calling can make any inconvenient problems disappear.

Comment

You will be able to count on wab making pretty much everything worse in MB in the upcoming months and years. Thankfully he is there and not here in AB.

Comment

Saskatchewan doesn’t need him or his type of ilk, keep them out east!

Comment

Honestly we don’t want filipino nurses. My wife works as a nurse. Trust me. They are not the answer. Trained nurses who can speak perfect english is the answer. Born in Canada ones. How would you like to explain to someone who can’t speak or understand english how to give meds that if given wrong could harm or even kill people? And after a year or so, they are all having babies, making good use of our paid maternity benefits. So then we are still short nurses and pay for them to sit at home too. No thanks. Increase training in our Universities please. Stopping immigration of 1 million people a year would be a good first step to fixing our health care problems too.

Comment

Kinew has been in the office for a few months and the Conservatives for years and of course Crop and his far right friends are outraged!

The provinces need to provide more training spaces and incentives to train more nurses.

But the Conservative premiers would rather balance the budget, privatize healthcare and use contract nurses?

Comment

Kinew has been in over 5 months and healthcare keeps getting worse , how long will this training of more nurses take ? when they are needed yesterday , Big talk about dump search , notting done , but anyhow the money shud be spent on the living , the 100 or more million would be far better being spent on hospitals etc

Comment

We really need to train more nurses and nurse practitioners here but Philipine nurses have been popular recruits in the last 2 decades. Mistakes are a problem and in the operating rooms doctors need nurses with perfect English to quickly respond with the correct equipment.
                    Foreign nurses do have language barriers and their training may differ from ours. Also a concentration of foreigns tend to converse in their own language. That may be part of the problem but I would like to hear the reasoning behind this new edict.

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
                      Kinew has been in over 5 months and healthcare keeps getting worse , how long will this training of more nurses take ? when they are needed yesterday , Big talk about dump search , notting done , but anyhow the money shud be spent on the living , the 100 or more million would be far better being spent on hospitals etc
                      Regarding the dump search, I'm sure Wab looked at the numbers more carefully along with the unlikelihood of it being a success and then realized there has to be another way to slove the whole situation.

The problem Wab has, is the assembly of Manitoba Chiefs are on his ass about everything little issue.

He has to walk one hell of a tight rope to please them and the rest of the population.

Never voted for Wab, but he just got elected so I'll give it a bit more time before coming down on him.

As for health care, I think we all can agree there are major issues here in Manitoba, but to expect Wab to have fixed them in 5 months is a bit extreme.

Comment

He still is caught in the search the landfill promise. That is a real disaster. If they go ahead there will be lawsuits , if they don't there will be lawsuits. I have not heard about the health worker issue. There is a shortage of nurses.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post

Regarding the dump search, I'm sure Wab looked at the numbers more carefully along with the unlikelihood of it being a success and then realized there has to be another way to slove the whole situation.

The problem Wab has, is the assembly of Manitoba Chiefs are on his ass about everything little issue.

He has to walk one hell of a tight rope to please them and the rest of the population.

Never voted for Wab, but he just got elected so I'll give it a bit more time before coming down on him.

As for health care, I think we all can agree there are major issues here in Manitoba, but to expect Wab to have fixed them in 5 months is a bit extreme.
                          I also did not expect healthcare fixed in 5 months , but blocking nurses that were willing too come and even work as nurses aides makes no sense whatsoever

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimeOperator View Post
                            Honestly we don’t want filipino nurses. My wife works as a nurse. Trust me. They are not the answer. Trained nurses who can speak perfect english is the answer. Born in Canada ones. How would you like to explain to someone who can’t speak or understand english how to give meds that if given wrong could harm or even kill people? And after a year or so, they are all having babies, making good use of our paid maternity benefits. So then we are still short nurses and pay for them to sit at home too. No thanks. Increase training in our Universities please. Stopping immigration of 1 million people a year would be a good first step to fixing our health care problems too.
                            I will probably get roasted for this comment.

I have had the unfortunate circumstance to have a few hospital stays over the last three years. Mostly overnight, but one for two.

This new generation of nurses doesn't know how to work in my opinion. The head nurse is about 40 and just an excellent hardworking caregiver.

The others would probably be alright if they put away their phones.

When you look, some are on their phones all day.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...