• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NuScale cancels first-of-a-kind nuclear project as costs surge

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bottle of the cheep antibiotics for cows was 20 bucks 5 years ago and now it’s 60, it might save 10 calves so eventually make me maybe 20 grand, but it just seems like everything has tripled since the turd is making Canada depressed again.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post

And the budget will balance itself …..

And put all your money in crypto currency .

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post

And put all your money in crypto currency .
        Bitcoin a far better chance than a budget balancing its self
        more debt now than all the prime ministers in Canadian history combined .
        Insanely poor liberal fiscal management

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post

Bitcoin a far better chance than a budget balancing its self
          more debt now than all the prime ministers in Canadian history combined .
          Insanely poor liberal fiscal management
          Farmers net worth went up 3 times more in the past 7 years than all the Prime Ministers combined before that time.Not giving anyone credit for that because it was because was a global thing .

Comment

Farmers net worth went up 3 times more in the past 7 years than all the Prime Ministers combined before that time.Not giving anyone credit for that because it was because was a global thing .
            Be interesting to see those actual numbers .
            keeping in mind farm net revenues are about to plummet by 50% while ag inflation stays high .

Comment

what good is double net worth if dollar is worth half ?

Comment

Have a couple coops fighting for my ag dollar these days so peavey mart is irrelevant unless I’m an acreage person. UFA is an hour away and no big minus as pricing there isn’t competitive. Here in town we have the holy trinity in one spot Rona,Princess,and peaveymart. Princess does a business but other two there’s few vehicles around. If our dough headed coop admin would get their act together they could eat peaveymarts lunch but that will never happen.

Comment

Buying power of said dollar depreciated in lockstep. All this shows is land holds true value in the long run. Your beloved half ton compare the rise in price over the years to the value of a quarter and tell me what you find. In my neck of the woods where land doesn’t go too crazy because of quality I can pretty much tell you that the buying power of a quarter is even losing value vs how many f150’s I can buy. With a sustained downturn in commodity prices and less outside speculative money and less optimism in the farming community, land prices will show true price vs value.

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
                    what good is double net worth if dollar is worth half ?
                    Reminds me of the pesimestic farmer that a year grain prices jumped could only complain the price of next years seed.

Comment

Reminds me of the pesimestic farmer that a year grain prices jumped could only complain the price of next years seed.
                      High grain prices were only good if one had grain to sell .
                      like 2021, canola record high but literally none had any to sell above contracts in many areas .
                      like green lentils currently , drought has decimated most of the green lentil area , but some still actually believe farmers are rolling in money cause they at $.80 / lb
                      high land values also come with higher tax’s and cash flow demands .
                      End of they day it’s net revenue, not net worth that will carry a farm
                      glad your happy your net worth has tripled based on your land values . But when net income gets slashed , it’s not so fun

Comment

Think we are accustomed to being pessimistic as the nature of agriculture is volatile. Giveth with one hand, taketh with the other. You’d be foolish not to be prepared for the worst. Though dwelling on negativity doesn’t do any good because you miss those silver linings.

Comment

Grain price jumped , then everything went way up too , equipment and parts price is gone insane ,pail of oil 130 $ plus , will it come back down to pre plandemic prices ? will conola seed price come down with way lower grain prices ? dont think so

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post

Think we are accustomed to being pessimistic as the nature of agriculture is volatile. Giveth with one hand, taketh with the other. You’d be foolish not to be prepared for the worst. Though dwelling on negativity doesn’t do any good because you miss those silver linings.
                            I have Been through the worst times .Bought land in the late 80s and banker said if you were given this free it would not pencil out.I expect things are about to go tough again.But never that bad. Unfortunately farmers have little control to prices of what they produce.Someone should tell Polly that.Prices are influenced by global developments .

Comment

Yes the planned wealth transfer from the middle class

Comment

I have Been through the worst times .Bought land in the late 80s and banker said if you were given this free it would not pencil out.I expect things are about to go tough again.But never that bad. Unfortunately farmers have little control to prices of what they produce.Someone should tell Polly that.Prices are influenced by global developments .
                                Everyone is getting squeezed. Easy to get too inwardly focused in the ag sector as every other business is facing problems and don’t forget the average Joe salary earner. Think what pisses me off is governments in power want to scapegoat certain issues because they have largely painted us into this corner in Canada. No reason we should be in the state we are in. Madcap immigration with no plan for housing let alone carbon taxes which increase costs to build said housing. We need immigration if we want to maintain our economy and population as the millennials and upcoming gen z are not going to repopulate in any meaningful way. Once us 40 somethings are retirement age, and that includes the bulk of present immigrants, we are genuinely screwed anyway. Think baby boomers aging out is a potential mess wait till I’m pension age. Great opportunity and burden for my kids if the framework is there for upward mobility but that’s a shrinking prospect it seems.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...