• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll suggests narrow race between NDP, Sask. Party in general election

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newguy View Post

NDP party has changed in Sask.would have never thought I would vote that way but if Sask does not get a political correction I am afraid when Moe forms a sask revenue of its own he will put massive farm corporation and capital gains tax on farmers thinking he will keep their vote anyway.Education and health care need some attention in sask for a few years before another sask party government comes back in with a fresh new slate of people To run the province.
    I have never heard a mention of higher corporate or capital gains taxes on farmers. That is pure fiction, made up BS.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post

"Carbon tax is not rebated"? Huh? Do you never look at your bank account because it is direct deposited. I received $1120 last year in carbon tax rebates in 2023. Just got a quarterly payment of $280 a few weeks ago which easily covers all our farm direct carbon tax payments for gas and electricity.

80% of consumers in provinces that don't have their own carbon tax receive rebates.

90% of the carbon tax is rebated.

The parlimentary budget officer and economist Trevor Tombe showed that the carbon tax has very little impact on inflation and is well below 1%.
      How did you figure out how much carbon tax you pay?
      It gets listed when I buy propane and it is shown on the natural gas bill which is easy to see.
      Do you know how much the trucking company that hauls grain for you pays? What about the railroad that moves your grain?
      All the trucks that bring groceries to all the town stores? Plus the carbon tax the local grocery store pays on heating?
      All the mining companies that provide fertilizer?
      This list could go on and on!
      That 1120 is a small fraction of what we really pay.

Comment

NDP party has changed in Sask.would have never thought I would vote that way but if Sask does not get a political correction I am afraid when Moe forms a sask revenue of its own he will put massive farm corporation and capital gains tax on farmers thinking he will keep their vote anyway.Education and health care need some attention in sask for a few years before another sask party government comes back in with a fresh new slate of people To run the province.
        I agree with you in part but I’d be more inclined to believe the ndp would be more so apt to hammer the capitol gains than would the Sask party. I know you have issues with the expansion of the pst and other taxes but I can’t quite understand your reasoning that a change to another party with a known track record of increased taxation especially on business would achieve different results.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post

It gets listed when I buy propane and it is shown on the natural gas bill which is easy to see.
          Do you know how much the trucking company that hauls grain for you pays? What about the railroad that moves your grain?
          All the trucks that bring groceries to all the town stores? Plus the carbon tax the local grocery store pays on heating?
          All the mining companies that provide fertilizer?
          This list could go on and on!
          That 1120 is a small fraction of what we really pay.
          I have it figured out now. CC is like a Rockefeller. Previous generations created generations of wealth for which realistically the heirs have it made to pursue whatever they wish even if it involves spitting in the eye of the industry and the set of conditions (free market, capitalism) which created their comfortable existence. Maybe it is white mans guilt bestowed upon them or it’s a vile hatred of fellow peers in the industry but it makes for a bloody hypocrite.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
            Do you know how much the trucking company that hauls grain for you pays?
            There was a woman on the radio from Sask Trucking Assn. a while back who said average fleet pays $20,000 a year per truck.

I live near a small town where I hear about 5 trucks gearing up on the hyway when they leave in the morning. Log trailers mostly.
            One guy leaves at 3:15 am like clockwork and they are all gone by 6AM.
            Tough way to make a living.
            So those 5 guys probably pay $100,000+ yr Carbon Tax or 1/2 Million every 5 yrs?
            That has to be a lifestyle adjustment in that business.
            No doubt Mr Trudeau can get better value for that money than they can?

The rebate to individuals is just a distraction to buy votes.

Comment

PST on insurance- totally absurd!

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post

I agree with you in part but I’d be more inclined to believe the ndp would be more so apt to hammer the capitol gains than would the Sask party. I know you have issues with the expansion of the pst and other taxes but I can’t quite understand your reasoning that a change to another party with a known track record of increased taxation especially on business would achieve different results.
                Sask party is not going to spend millions to farm a Sask taxation to collect less taxes.When Brad Wall was leaving the last budget he did was a huge money grab from farmers.Farmers would have paid pst on crop insurance.and lost most of the farm feul bennifits.some was reversed by Moe .Moe has gotten a hall pass on extra taxation and he knows it.A change in government is a political correction.Fact is when governments are in power too long they become corrupt and a house cleaning is needed.

Comment

Fact is when governments are in power too long they become corrupt and a house cleaning is needed.
                  You can say that again.
                  Surprised you would be so honest about the Trudeau regime.
                  Who do you propose to replace them?

Comment

Sask party is not going to spend millions to farm a Sask taxation to collect less taxes.When Brad Wall was leaving the last budget he did was a huge money grab from farmers.Farmers would have paid pst on crop insurance.and lost most of the farm feul bennifits.some was reversed by Moe .Moe has gotten a hall pass on extra taxation and he knows it.A change in government is a political correction.Fact is when governments are in power too long they become corrupt and a house cleaning is needed.
                    In Alberta when you buy a provincial NDP membership, you automatically become a member of the Federal party. Do the same rules apply in Saskatchewan? I would guess they do seeing as the NDP began in Saskatchewan did it not? How do you like Jagmeet Singh’s policies?

As far as your concern for Saskatchewan creating its own agency to collect taxes. You prefer the present system where the Federal government collects them for you? You must have slipped on the ice walking across the yard and hit your head!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post

In Alberta when you buy a provincial NDP membership, you automatically become a member of the Federal party. Do the same rules apply in Saskatchewan? I would guess they do seeing as the NDP began in Saskatchewan did it not? How do you like Jagmeet Singh’s policies?

As far as your concern for Saskatchewan creating its own agency to collect taxes. You prefer the present system where the Federal government collects them for you? You must have slipped on the ice walking across the yard and hit your head!!!!
                      Most definitely provincial and federal ndp membership is one and the same. Kinda like negative option billing but without the option to cancel the subscription to the channel you don’t want.
                      I think it would be alright if Sask collected its own taxes but we need a change in government. Present Sask party has grown arrogant and deserves knock down. Present teacher issue is prime example of that. Minister of education pulling bs almost trying to force teachers into a strike position for no more reason than to paint them in a bad light. It’s not they want a bunch more wages but fix classroom crowding and lack of supports. Ed minister passing buck off to school boards. Ed minister home schools his kids. On the other end they gave into oil companies whining for mil rate adjustments so they pay less property tax. Further putting burden on farmland and residential. I’m pro oil and industry and hate everything the ndp stands for currently but the Sask party is setting up to throw the election.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post

Are you saying there should never be a government change.? History shows in Canada and the USA there is government change every eight years or so.Do you want a political system that creates a dictator like Putin that just puts his opposition in jail and knocks him off?

Comment

Are you saying there should never be a government change.? History shows in Canada and the USA there is government change every eight years or so.Do you want a political system that creates a dictator like Putin that just puts his opposition in jail and knocks him off?
                          Hmmm, Newguy please show me where in my post I said Governmental change isn’t required on a regular basis?!?!

Comment

"Do you want a political system that creates a dictator like Putin that just puts his opposition in jail and knocks him off?"

Enough comments about Killary...US two party system changes back and forth in Presidency, Senate and House of Representatives....not a real choice at all. Gridlocked regularly.

Comment

I heard the argument from poli sci friends that a functioning democracy needs three viable options to function. Canada the ndp federally had their lunch ate by Trudeau pushing the liberals left. Not unlike the USA we are a two party state as well. Think it evolves with the mindset of the electorate and parties ultimately adapt with the mindset of winning rather than representing. It’s the cancer which eventually kills democracy.

Comment

Curly Moe has been moving right to hold of the buffaloed party. Now he has to move back to to hold off the NDP?

A well organized campaign on healthcare failures by Moe and gang will make him nervous. And so it should.

Cancer patients not getting timely diagnoses and treatment. Surgery wait lists that are growing longer not shorter. Emergency shutdowns because of a doctor and nurse shortages. Especially in rural areas!

Why are rural residents so passive when they could say we wont vote for you unless you fix healthcare!

No he would rather pander to social conservatives and the bigots on transgender issues that affect a very small number of residents. Or fight with Ottawa over the carbon tax. Instead he could have designed and run his own carbon tax system and rebated it all back. A made in Saskatchewan plan.

His strategy is to avoid taking responsibility and blame the federal government for affordability even though he raised the PST and could lower electricity, gas telephone bills.

He has been running a distraction plan from the issues he has responsibility for!

Moe should be worried.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...