• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solar Roadways and Driveways

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solar Roadways and Driveways

Anybody know anything about these solar panels? Is there reasonable application at our farm? Pie in the sky?

Quick google search and only skimming website- great idea but feasible? Wonder about rocks in tires, etc., durability. But does point to new tech making windmills obsolete. The labour involved to convert a road!!
    Disclaimer- I'm not a fan of windmills.
    Last edited by wade; Feb 3, 2024, 09:54.

Comment

The climate alarmists will never agree to that. Since almost all of the global warming is the result of the urban heat island caused by all of the asphalt.
      If we replaced the asphalt with solar panels, the global warming would disappear along with the asphalt.

Comment

I can imagine how long solar panels would last at -50 with an 80,000kg semi rolling over it… like in the last cold snap in Alberta in January 24.

the cracks in our roads are never ending and hot / cold weather …impossible to construct long lasting concrete or asphalt surfaces…now… let alone when water gets in the cracks and freezes and thaws… expanding with unbelievable pressures on the road surface with electrical generation panels…

Many Blessings! This decarbonization cult… needs to be exposed for the bunch of environmental terrorists they are!
        They Deserve 1000 Darwin Awards… as an example of human de-evolution … they are cult deception experts approaching their zenith…

Cheers!

Comment

How can Santa Rosa be down? I thought we were flat so they’d be over there in Santa Rosa.
          Last edited by Blaithin; Feb 3, 2024, 20:07.

Comment

IIRC they have solar roads in use in Germany? I know they’re working on solar windows there which would be fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              The climate alarmists will never agree to that. Since almost all of the global warming is the result of the urban heat island caused by all of the asphalt.
              If we replaced the asphalt with solar panels, the global warming would disappear along with the asphalt.
              "almost all of the global warming is the result of the urban heat island caused by all of the asphalt." Huh?

90% of global warming has gone into the oceans and the oceans are vast and far removed from asphalt.

And do tell us how asphalt influences the surface temperatures in the arctic?

A5, This is another one from your growing list of flaky climate change denial ideas that has no evidence to back it up.

You might as well join Little Lentils flat earth club or Tom's creationist club!

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil

Supposedly there is no up and down on a globe, only relative to where you are standing. You know that magical 'gravity' that makes nonsense try and make sense. Do Australians think they are upside down and we are standing on their feet, since they are down under? The compass for them should point to their feet haha.

When I hold a compass flat in my hand Santa Rosa is South the opposite of North, so looking down from North.
                Of course there is up and down on a globe, there is a recognized top and bottom based on the axis. Top and up, is north, bottom and down is south. Of course it's all relative to space which means it could be backwards, but that's a philosophical point with no bearing on the connotation of terms used.

Directions given on a flat surface would have no up and down variability. As all illustrations of a flat planet involve us living on the top and not knowing what's underneath on the bottom, like a table. Now if we were rectangular you could have some argument that the head of the table is up and the foot is down, but like any good Arthurian, we are on a round table which has no head and not foot, and no axis, and therefore no way to distinguish up from down.

That's my point. For someone so convinced there's no up and down you're quite inaccurate with your chosen use of terms.

It's almost like... you're a false flat earther. Inconsistent with your application of your beliefs.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post

Of course there is up and down on a globe, there is a recognized top and bottom based on the axis. Top and up, is north, bottom and down is south. Of course it's all relative to space which means it could be backwards, but that's a philosophical point with no bearing on the connotation of terms used.

Directions given on a flat surface would have no up and down variability. As all illustrations of a flat planet involve us living on the top and not knowing what's underneath on the bottom, like a table. Now if we were rectangular you could have some argument that the head of the table is up and the foot is down, but like any good Arthurian, we are on a round table which has no head and not foot, and no axis, and therefore no way to distinguish up from down.

That's my point. For someone so convinced there's no up and down you're quite inaccurate with your chosen use of terms.

It's almost like... you're a false flat earther. Inconsistent with your application of your beliefs.
                  You just put more thought and effort into that post than this entire topic deserves, but it was very well said.
                  I am still laughing at the atmosflat comment from binlurking. While big lentil still refers to it as a sphere on a flat earth.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                    You just put more thought and effort into that post than this entire topic deserves, but it was very well said.
                    I am still laughing at the atmosflat comment from binlurking. While big lentil still refers to it as a sphere on a flat earth.
                    I'm on my laptop sitting by the fire so it's easier to use more words.

I'm a much lazier typer on my phone so the posts tend to be shorter Lol

Comment

Ah darn. If only I'd mentioned something like that........

Comment

It seems like the actual road as solar panels didn’t work out well for similar reasons as posted.

Now it sounds like they’re trying out building them over the roads.

Which kind of makes sense. Those are open areas. Cost of supports would be more to be high enough but enough guard fence to prevent piling into the supports, I can’t see any major issues with driving. Location dependent there could be wind or snow issues.

[url]https://m.energytrend.com/news/20200814-19179.html[/url]

Comment

you understand thereading of these chuck, just asking and how it affects you in the months ahead

Comment

The reason that this topic interests me is I am about to pour a new driveway and no sooner I do that, something new and revolutionary will surely give me buyer’s remorse.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...