• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liberal Catch and Release Program

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liberal Catch and Release Program

is working well ,

Adds 5x to police budget.
    Bunch of fricken idiots .
    Last edited by furrowtickler; Jan 15, 2024, 22:29.

Comment

That looks like a pretty light gun cabinet - one skinny guy hoofin er down the stairs with it under his arm?

Comment

Liberal approved though.

Comment

Yeah this was just south of us a couple miles... reminds me of when we were robbed a few yrs ago... same story. Guy got caught with a bunch of stuff in his car ( ours and other people) in Fort saskatchewan. Arrested.. held. Released... charges got tossed due to time it took..
          has been arrested 12 times for the exact same thing .
          SINCE.. he is charged with the same thing ( again, break and enter theft over 5 k etc) and a warrant is out for his arrest.

We are waiting to do a victim impact statement when he gets caught... but on behalf of the people after us who he robbed.

absolutely wild... absurd..

Not so much needing to increase police budgets..but increase judicial budgets and hire more judges. Get more cases thru the system.

Comment

Originally posted by goalieguy847 View Post
            Not so much needing to increase police budgets..but increase judicial budgets and hire more judges. Get more cases thru the system.
            Judges are for the most part political appointments.
            Many of them have been actively involved in politics.
            It's kind of like our current Senate.

As you point out, the police can do months of work and mounds of paper to take criminals to court and never present any of it. Never goes to trial or they plead out on a lesser charge to save time and effort.

So what's the lesson after years of that?
            Most of chasing criminals is a waste of time?
            That can't end well.

Edit to add Parole Boards are also political appointments.

Last edited by shtferbrains; Jan 16, 2024, 13:40.

Comment

It is my guess that our entire system, from courts to filings to simple titles, is handling far more than it was designed for and is decades out of date. Staff and systems. Covid put the icing on the cake.
              Title system alone in AB is a joke.

Comment

Years of cutbacks at the provincial and federal level in healthcare, education, and the justice system. The backbone of functioning society are being chronically underfunded by cheapskate governments. You can thank the small government ideology of the conservatives for many of the shortcomings.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                  Years of cutbacks at the provincial and federal level in healthcare, education, and the justice system. The backbone of functioning society are being chronically underfunded by cheapskate governments. You can thank the small government ideology of the conservatives for many of the shortcomings.
                  Chuck &paste how do you explain all the lawlessness in strong Democrat cities in the US.If you look south biggest problems occur in Democrat strong holds.

Comment

If I spent as little time on a response as CC, I would ask in rebuttal how we survived our first century as a nation with so little government?
                    But I acknowledge society has changed and I'm not suggesting we can go back, willingly at least.
                    I don't believe bureaucratic constipation is limited to one political mindset but rather a product of bureaucracy and human nature itself. Although nanny state supporters seem to have less ability to get things done in a hurry if at all than their freer thinking counterparts.
                    The "nobody moves, nobody get's hurt" tendency is psyche based, therefore likely found more in a group of followers, regardless of party card.
                    An acquaintance works in Edmonton government. She had an entire floor stalled in hours long meetings about how to deal with an extension cord strung across the floor, as it was a trip hazard.
                    Spend all the money on staffing you want. But remember, you need people who can step over the cord to get anything done.

Comment

And that is what is sadly missing today

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...