• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Rise (And Fall?) of Inflation in Canada: A Detailed Analysis

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    *** man , you are hopeless
    same thing over and over
    it’s fine , true dope is done
    get over it
    I agree with you 100% , However , never underestimate that little swine Liberal leader trudeau( his name to me doesn't deserve a capital letter) he will pull a rabbit out of his hat of some sort before the next election.

Big shout out to Ontario and Quebec, they voted for the little scumbag, 3 x now.

Comment

Universal basic income is the probable rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post

Hamloc, this is where my business, personal and family members tax dollars went!

Globe and Mail article Dec 28/2023

"An internal government briefing note from July 15, 2021, obtained by The Globe and Mail through an access-to-information request, estimated there were 40,000 CEBA recipients who would be in default for some $1.6-billion worth of loans because of errors on their applications.

The government issued a total of $49-billion in CEBA loans to nearly 900,000 businesses in 2020 and 2021. Ottawa recently reported that 176,353 of those businesses had paid back their loans as of Aug. 31, adding that $38.7-billion in loans were outstanding as of Oct. 25."

40000 small business don't even know how to fill out a document let alone run business.

How much time are you given if you make a mistake on your tax return, or if you owe CRA money?

How many of these businesses are hoping the Feds extent the CEBA deadline again or that the whole $60000.00 is forgiven by the government​.

Hamloc, ask yourself how many businesses took the $60K loan for the $20K free money that didn't need it.

They had no issues with the Trudeau Liberal government when taking government money did they?
        First off, if they didn’t need it how come so many haven’t been able to pay it back and are asking for an extension?

Second it is a loan, how much money was given to Canadians through CERB, this was not a loan, it was direct support.

Forage, the government claims the carbon tax is revenue neutral. How can that be when only .17% of the tax that businesses pay comes back in the form of rebates? You don’t think Justin Trudeau is therefore lying?
        Last edited by Hamloc; Jan 2, 2024, 13:39.

Comment

Yup, Trudeau will buy his/our jet back with a $200/month UBI cheque for those making less than 20,000 a year. There's about 608,000 full time workers fall into this category, so 1.45 billion to cover that promise, a small price to pay with other peoples money. But the dilemma is most low income people are in sparsely populated areas like Saskatchewan where liberal MP's don't matter and the fewest low income earners are in Quebec.
          Last edited by rumrocks; Jan 2, 2024, 13:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post

First off, if they didn’t need it how come so many haven’t been able to pay it back and are asking for an extension?

Second it is a loan, how much money was given to Canadians through CERB, this was not a loan, it was direct support.

Forage, the government claims the carbon tax is revenue neutral. How can that be when only .17% of the tax that businesses pay comes back in the form of rebates? You don’t think Justin Trudeau is therefore lying?
            80% of 900k are still o/s from 2020- 2021, what does that tell you about the viability of the businesses to begin with that applied for a $60K interest FREE loan and can't pay back $40K in three years (Jan 18/2024).

Many on Agrville sure would like to get an operating loan like that every spring.

Be honest with yourself Hamloc, the lure of $20k of free money was the carrot for these hanging by a thread businesses to jump in head first.

Now that reality has set in after three years you got Dan Kelly, president of the Canadian Federation of Independent Businesses earning his salary by crying the blues for them.

As for CERB same shit as CEBA just a different pile in my books. I will not defend the cheats of either of these programs, no hall passes granted . The CRA should go after each and everyone of the CEBA and CERB programs who owe the government my tax dollars.

As for the Carbon Tax I'm not in favor of it all, but we'll see if PP does get rid of it when he becomes PM and sees the revenue it generates to pay for all the hand outs he'll be promising to get elected.

Last edited by foragefarmer; Jan 2, 2024, 15:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post

I'm afraid the saying "blood from a stone" comes to mind.

The stats on small business failures is dismal at the best of times. 30% fail within the first 2 years, By 10 years, ~65 % of all small businesses will have failed.

And that is without lockdowns and forced closures such as just occurred.

Most of the businesses with outstanding CEBA likely weren't going to survive even without a pandemic interruption. No chance in (insert expletive here) that they were going to recover from the pandemic enough to repay the loans.

Can you imagine how many candles or cheeseburgers or scrapbook kits you have to sell to net $40,000 to repay the loan after the money has been spent?

Comment

Even on Agriville many of the usual suspects were discussing how to apply for a CEBA loan and then continued on to complain about all the pandemic emergency funding that saved us from a much bigger financial crisis.

Do as I say not as I do?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                  Even on Agriville many of the usual suspects were discussing how to apply for a CEBA loan and then continued on to complain about all the pandemic emergency funding that saved us from a much bigger financial crisis.

Do as I say not as I do?

I am on the record as acknowledging that the pandemic emergency funding was essentially helicopter money, intended to keep the broader economy from seizing up. And for that narrow definition of success, it worked. It was never intended to be responsible, targeted, accountable, or paid back. It was the fastest way to get money circulating in the economy, to solve the problem the very same governments had created in the first place.
                  Great short term solution, problematic medium term solution( inflation and loss of work ethic), horrible long term solution for reasons which must be obvious to anyone.

Comment

But if you knew it was such a long term bad idea to prop up the economy, why did so many of you apply for CEBA loan when you didn't really need it?

Comment

But if you knew it was such a long term bad idea to prop up the economy, why did so many of you apply for CEBA loan when you didn't really need it?
                      Why don't you take a one-man stand against the long-term effects of climate change.
                      Give up all of your worldly possessions that were made of or with fossil fuels.
                      I think you will find your one man crusade to be highly ineffective, while all of your competition continues to live in the real world, taking advantage of all of the tools available to them.

Comment

Did you pay back your CEBA loan and grant already A5?

Comment

Did you pay back your CEBA loan and grant already A5?
                          We have been through this countless times with your comrade forage. Please try to keep up.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post

Why don't you take a one-man stand against the long-term effects of climate change.
                            Give up all of your worldly possessions that were made of or with fossil fuels.
                            I think you will find your one man crusade to be highly ineffective, while all of your competition continues to live in the real world, taking advantage of all of the tools available to them.
                            Same with the TURD'S one country crusade, ruining our lives to save the other 98.4% of earth's population. Totally bonkers and ineffective.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post

I am on the record as acknowledging that the pandemic emergency funding was essentially helicopter money, intended to keep the broader economy from seizing up. And for that narrow definition of success, it worked. It was never intended to be responsible, targeted, accountable, or paid back. It was the fastest way to get money circulating in the economy, to solve the problem the very same governments had created in the first place.
                              Great short term solution, problematic medium term solution( inflation and loss of work ethic), horrible long term solution for reasons which must be obvious to anyone.
                              And there you were with your arms in the air hands open catching CEBA dollars from the rotor downwash wanting to be a part of the "narrow definition of success".

CEBA, Cash Advance, Crop Ins, etc etc, AB5 you're the "in theory" Libertarian who is front and center when collecting all of Trudeau's Liberal handouts.

Save your B.S. excuse about having to be the taker you are just to be competitive with your neighbors. Many of us out there operate successful business in the competitive world without Trudeau's Liberal rotor downwash. ​
                              Last edited by foragefarmer; Jan 5, 2024, 21:56.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post

And there you were with your arms in the air hands open catching CEBA dollars from the rotor downwash wanting to be a part of the "narrow definition of success".

CEBA, Cash Advance, Crop Ins, etc etc, AB5 you're the "in theory" Libertarian who is front and center when collecting all of Trudeau's Liberal handouts.

Save your B.S. excuse about having to be the taker you are just to be competitive with your neighbors. Many of us out there operate successful business in the competitive world without Trudeau's Liberal rotor downwash. ​
                                I must have missed something, did AB5 say he got a CEBA loan?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...