• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you buy your food?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you buy your food?

I support Freson Bros. in Alberta because they are independent and support local agriculture. Does any other province have an independent grocer like this one? (freson.com)

Canada does not have a mandatory code of conduct that levels the playing field between the major grocery chains, independent grocers and suppliers.

Wish we had a Freson Brothers close. Sounds like we’re getting a Costco but really a Freson bros or something similar would be better.

Comment

Wildrose Coop has a wonderful grocery store in our community. Federated Coop buys many foods from western Canadian producers, stocking these groceries in the cooperative grocery stores like Wildrose Coop who serves our area! Good prices, high quality… very good service plus rebate checks at the end of the year!
      Many Blessings Happy New year!

Comment

Tom4Tom promoting a Co-op, what an oxymoron

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
          Tom4Tom promoting a Co-op, what an oxymoron
          And doesn't seem to be bothered by having to wait until year end and books were done before getting rebate check or that books aren't transparent on every sale.

Comment

Yes, exactly the same as the CWB. Because farmers are forced to buy all of their products from co-ops. But only Western farmers, since Eastern Canadian farmers are exempt and can buy their farm and products wherever they want. And farmers can't buy their products south of the border Even though the price is always far better.
            And because the co-ops don't have any competition, combined with a captive market, they can therefore charge whatever they want.
            And the co-ops make farmers pay for their goods a year ahead of time, but only deliver the goods a small amount at a time on their schedule.
            And any farmers who buy products from any other retailer are put in jail.
            Exactly the same as the CWB. I see why you made the comparison.

Comment

BTW Forage… we buy all our Fuel from them as well…. Best Diesel quality (BTU’s) in the world out of the Regina Federated upgrader through our Wildrose Coop. Seldom ever , is price less from the “Big Oil” Refineries…in Alberta…

It is truly wonderful the Second World War is Finally over!!!

Blessings and Wisdom

Comment

Safeway. It’s the closest. I only buy meat and vegetables anyway.

Comment

I find mine in the fridge.

Comment

So, yesterday I got some good meat at good prices at Freson Bros. Lean ground beef, chuck steaks, and whole chicken and it will give us 13 meals for 2 not including the extra meals from the chicken soup. It works out to just over $5.00 per meal of the meat portion only.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...