• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Historic Weather

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

twas a tad close but in the wagon

Comment

half the fun is actually getting there in good time getting in right location. This was about 180 kms away. Bit of weather knowledge bit of luck. About 20 storm chasers out and about all great guys some as mad as meat axes balls of steel. Live maps shows where we all are. Took some river storm photos then studied things, this area is about a hour away from where i started head to clear air about 3c warmer thought storms would form in that area nailed it just had to wait for about a hour sure enough they formed. One of my best and actually longest chases first photos about 4.30 in afternoon last at 1 am then the drive home but have sleeping bag in back of my storm chase vehicle a old diesel subaru outback. Main thing aircon works. Oh ya have to know how to use a camera a little.....

Comment

Good to see that you were rewarded for all your effort Downunder, as those are fantastic photos.
        Last edited by foragefarmer; Dec 31, 2023, 08:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Landdownunder View Post
          twas a tad close but in the wagon
          Love the photos , you have posted some amazing ones

Comment

Originally posted by Landdownunder View Post
            Was a like a zero alc beer the elnino this year in oz was “technically one” but weather data shows otherwise West Oz maybe had the most dry patches this year. Eastern Australia record wet when govt weather bureau called for driest on record at start of Nov. Anyone with a sceric of weather knowledge knew errr something wrong with Bureau of Meteorology alithrograms.
            Yes I was astonished. In October there was a large forest fire which burned within a few kilometres of where my Brother in laws cabin is located as it was very dry. Then, the end of November they got 200 mm of rain and again on Dec. 25-26 another 250 mm of rain. Certainly not a normal El Niño weather pattern.

Comment

And the climate change deniers say the increasing frequency of extreme weather events have nothing to do with human caused climate change?

You can lead them to water but you can't make em drink!

Comment

Awesome pics Mallee

Comment

Often wonder if climate change experts on both sides, have any understanding of actual weather ,pressure systems ,cyclogenisis, ornagraphics ,kelvin waves, wind shear ,lifted index etc etc modoki elnino or even how to read weather charts ? Or is it climate change is real?? Nothing extreme about australias weather happened before happen again except the super cold xmas day was one out of the box.

All good not looking for a lecture or a cut and paste anyone.

Recent month weve been having incessant easterlies not uncommon but only happen breifly each year, which history shows bring stormy wettish weather "east coast lows" everyone saying how unusual it is here well its not.

Then ya get the cookers with "man made weather" Harpps Chemical trails etc etc there just as looney. The conspiracy guys saying volcanic eruptions are now man made....Volcanic eruptions do affect weather for months after though again technology last 20yrs only working out the reasons

End of sermon sorry happy new year to you.

PS if you were a betting man looking at all indices currently available 2024 will be way wetter and cooler in australia potentially seriuos flooding again in rivers but doomsday govt organisations calling for drought drought continuing dry when its not even dry go figure

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                    Good to see that you were rewarded for all your effort Downunder, as those are fantastic photos.
                    thanks guys yeah yeah im a weather geek trying to keep up with all the young hot shot photographers. Interesting us old buggers look at charts the sky natures signs the young bucks all this technical gizmo wizardry sometimes they win sometimes we do. Young dudes impatient always moving.

Edit not a shot at chuck but funny storm chasing community here maybe 50 or so guys i know nearly all bar about 2 are climate change sceptics interesting fact.

Comment

We only had 5 days over 41c this year and 97 wet days which is way above average only reached 100 about 5 times in recorded history. Sept October was almost a record low average but not night time temps bringing it down was daytime temps. Days in october of 17c unreal cool/cold but oddly as i said stuff all frosts but only takes one serious for damage here

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...