• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There are no words……..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
    So when you need a rescue in the mountains do you pay for it yourself or do you let taxpayers pay for your "fun" ?
    I'm not sure that I understand the question.
    We met someone who had a machine break down where it couldn't be towed out, they paid for the $1,100 helicopter rescue out of their own pocket. We talked with another fellow who had to walk up every hill after his machine broke down and they couldn't climb the hills with two riders on one machine.
    Between myself and my two big strong smart boys, we always manage to rescue ourselves somehow.
    Are you advocating for a taxpayer funded program to rescue stranded sledders? Along the lines of universal healthcare? It's not fair if some sledders can afford to hire a helicopter, while others can't and have to wait in line for the public system to rescue them, therefore all should be waiting for the public system to rescue their sled a year or two later?
    I don't think the taxpayers will like that idea.

Comment

Glad to hear you are in favour of sledders paying for their own mountain rescue and healthcare because of their own high risk decisions.

Do you have avalanche beacons and training? Who pays for digging you out?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
        Glad to hear you are in favour of sledders paying for their own mountain rescue and healthcare because of their own high risk decisions.

Do you have avalanche beacons and training? Who pays for digging you out?
        How about you come with us next time, and see for yourself?
        We always take along an extra machine in case we have a breakdown, so you can ride that and enjoy the scenery and camaraderie. We only have enough beacons and probes for ourselves, so you will need to bring your own. Most of our riding is in meadows and trees, so the avalanche risk is quite low compared to many riders.

I often reset my average speed. A typical day on the mountain is ~16 km/h, not counting the trail up and down. And that is track speed, actual speed would be far slower.

As for healthcare, I can't think of even a single case of a snowmobile rider I've known requiring medical attention. Let alone a rescue. I know countless cases of serious medical emergencies with friends and neighbors who ride pedal bikes, horses, quads, motorbikes, skiing, rodeo etc.

Comment

I guess Chuck isn't going to take me up on the offer. Too bad, I think he would have found it almost as much fun as an NFU convention. And safer too.

Comment

he wouldnt come diving in honduras either
            i even offered to supply equipment and weights
            Last edited by Guest; Jan 3, 2024, 20:46.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
              he wouldnt come diving in honduras either
              i even offered to supply equipment and weights
              It is hard to compete with the allure of an NDP convention. The participants must be a barrel of laughs.

Comment

Why would you guys ruin a holiday.
                I've been in some disagreeable relationship situations, but that would be like chewing your own arm off every morning.

Comment

Family decided to go on an adventure in Fiji ( a 12 hour flight from Van). Going way back in the jungle, people living in thatched roof shacks staring at white family of five as if they are martians.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                    I've been in some disagreeable relationship situations, but that would be like chewing your own arm off every morning.
                    was gonna supply the weights

Comment

Nothing like a 12 hour flight to start the vacation in an underdeveloped country. Don't forget your all your vaccines and antimalarials. Better take some ivermectin just in case there are parasites.

And like a lot of returning travelers, plan for an extra week or two of holidays while you recover from the flu or covid you caught on the plane or in crowed airports.

Comment

So 80% VAXED to hell are still spreading on planes and airports?
                        Actually ALL who travel Vaxed so they could travel.
                        Wow stepped in shit CC!

The poor KNOW Ivermectin works...

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                          Didn't take long to get confirmation on that one.

Comment

Dunno, like a batshit ex I've had. Blocked.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post

was gonna supply the weights
                              How many extra weights?

Comment

I don’t travel very often. Maybe leave the country once every few years if I’m lucky. Before I got married probably went stateside twice. Wife likes travelling so I go along but really hate it. Otherwise cc stating with his typical sour g****s attitude about travelling is a bloody hypocrite as he is well travelled enough in a given year. Who bloody cares if someone has the means to take a vacation and enjoys it. Sure wish I could. CC you suffer from a severe case of shaudenfreide like every other old ndp I know who you personally know as well. Whether you come on here to do your duty for your cause or you take pleasure in it I don’t know but gosh get a hobby if the tail has dried up.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...