• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How EVs compare to gas cars on emissions over their total lifespan

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
    Give up A5! LOL
    Sorry Chuck, I'm not a quitter. I don't give up until I accomplish whatever I set out to do.
    For example, do you remember that time I set a goal to teach you that science is not something that requires belief? Any lesser man would have given up a long time before on such a daunting mission with such a determined adversary. But I never gave up, and look eventually you learned that one simple concept and quit using that as an argument in every post.
    My next mission was to convince you to communicate like an adult, instead of using lol in every sentence. While you have had some recent relapses, I have almost succeeded. Because I never gave up. Even when you seemed to be completely hopeless.

We've been working on the CO2 residence time for a few years now, with those two successes under my belt, I'm not going to give up now. We can do this.
    Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jan 11, 2024, 11:51.

Comment

More of this happening weekly…

Comment

A5 the only thing you have done is repeatedly embarrased yourself with your total lack of understanding about carbon emissions and carbon cycle and the loony idea that we are going to run out of CO2 if we stop burning fossil fuels.

Even BL doesn't defend this crazy idea of yours!

Comment

A5 the only thing you have done is repeatedly embarrased yourself with your total lack of understanding about carbon emissions and carbon cycle and the loony idea that we are going to run out of CO2 if we stop burning fossil fuels.

Even BL doesn't defend this crazy idea of yours!
          Glad to hear that you aren't going to give up either.

So lets continue where we left off.

Just one very simple question.

How long will it take for CO2 levels to get back to preindustrial when the world achieves net zero?

Comment

90% of global warming has gone into the oceans. How long do you thing it will take for the oceans to get rid of that energy?

Because out of control warming will result in many positive feedbacks that release more greenhouse gases and change large amounts of the worlds landscapes that absorb more of the suns energy, it will likely take thousands if not millions of years.

Why don't you asked a climate scientist?

Comment

All paid to LIE, ask the wall....

Answer how long till we get back to Pre Industrial levels? 100? 200? 1000?

Comment

90% of global warming has gone into the oceans. How long do you thing it will take for the oceans to get rid of that energy?

Because out of control warming will result in many positive feedbacks that release more greenhouse gases and change large amounts of the worlds landscapes that absorb more of the suns energy, it will likely take thousands if not millions of years.

Why don't you asked a climate scientist?
                Because the climate scientists quietly admit that they don't have a clue either.
                An entire field of "science" based on complete unknowns, which is being used to destroy western civilization.

But you seem extremely confident, so I assume you must know the answer.

Comment

It's encouraging to see you have recognized that.
                  The oceans and increased green up have always balanced CO2.

But you might need a little more research on how it actually happens.
                  There is no getting rid of the energy.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post

It's encouraging to see you have recognized that.
                    The oceans and increased green up have always balanced CO2.

But you might need a little more research on how it actually happens.
                    There is no getting rid of the energy.
                    Actually, I don't recommend chuck looking into the transfer of heat between oceans and atmosphere.

He would inevitably stumble on the physical impossibility of the atmosphere to warm the oceans in any meaningful way on human timescales. Vs. the very real, very proven ability of increased ocean heat to be transferred to the atmosphere on very short time scales( also known as weather).

When the atmosphere refused to comply to the models of the global warming "scientists" they invented the heat is hiding in the oceans to keep the anti-science Chuck types mesmerized. But it is impossible on any realistically measurable timescale.

He might also have to ignore the actual mechanism which is affects ocean heat content. Can't have that.
                    Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jan 13, 2024, 12:52.

Comment

Another dumbass post from A5 about oceans and climate change? LOL

A5, why do you think the lakes freeze over in winter and warm up enough to swim in the summer if the atmosphere and weather doesn't warm up and cool down the water?

And you are trying to argue that a warming climate and atmosphere doesn't warm the oceans?

Right up there with the idea we are going to run out of CO2 if we stop burning fossil fuels!

"As greenhouse gases trap more energy from the sun, the oceans are absorbing more heat, resulting in an increase in sea surface temperatures and rising sea level."

[url]https://www.epa.gov/climate-indicators/oceans[/url]

Last edited by chuckChuck; Jan 14, 2024, 09:52.

Comment

[url]https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/ocean-warming/[/url]

Ocean Warming

LATEST MEASUREMENT:
                        December 2022

345 (± 2) zettajoules

since 1955

Key Takeaway:

About ninety percent of global warming is occurring in the ocean.

Ninety percent of global warming is occurring in the ocean, causing the water’s internal heat to increase since modern recordkeeping began in 1955, as shown in the upper chart. (The shaded blue region indicates the 95% margin of uncertainty.) This chart shows annual estimates for the first 2,000 meters of ocean depth.

Each data point in the upper chart represents a five-year average. For example, the 2020 value represents the average change in ocean heat content (since 1955) for the years 2018 up to and including 2022.

The lower chart tracks monthly changes in ocean heat content for the entire water column (from the top to the bottom of the ocean) from 1992 to 2019, integrating observations from satellites, in-water instruments, and computer models. Both charts are expressed in zettajoules ([url]https://climate.nasa.gov/resources/glossary/?alpha=A-Z:title&ss_id=32[/url]).

Heat stored in the ocean causes its water to expand, which is responsible for one-third to one-half of global sea level rise. Most of the added energy is stored at the surface, at a depth of zero to 700 meters. The last 10 years were the ocean’s warmest decade since at least the 1800s. The year 2022 was the ocean’s warmest recorded year and saw the highest global sea level.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...