• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How EVs compare to gas cars on emissions over their total lifespan

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha ha

Comment

[QUOTE=AlbertaFarmer5;n784789]Occasionally Chuck stumbles on a nugget of truth which completely contradicts his mantra.
      He correctly notes that the average consumer has no means of storing fossil fuel energy so must buy hand to mouth.
      But his go to solution to intermittent energy is always storage. Sun doesn't shine all winter, need more storage. Wind doesn't blow for days at a time, just add storage.
      EVs need to charge at night when they aren't in use, when the sun doesn't shine, the consumer just needs to add storage.

Meanwhile, storing energy dense diesel or gasoline is much cheaper, safer, has a smaller footprint, doesn't require any rare earth metals, or high tech containers, doesn't spontaneously combust, etc.
      So the consumer cannot afford or isn't allowed due to bylaws to store energy in fossil fuels.
      But they will for sure be willing and able(and can afford) to store energy in batteries.[/QUOTE

but,but, but …. Chucky said it will get cheaper to store energy
      this is hilarious, do you think maybe he didn’t read his own post AGAIN.?

Comment

Ford is cutting there production of the F150 lighting in 1/2.Not affordable lack of demand.Are we going to have to raise subsidies to make this Joke work?

Comment

Originally posted by kANOLA View Post
          Ford is cutting there production of the F150 lighting in 1/2.Not affordable lack of demand.Are we going to have to raise subsidies to make this Joke work?
          Also range is horrible in real world driving .
          when you add up the extremely limited range the cost of ownership skyrockets , then you are left with a worthless extremely depreciated vehicle. Probably worst investment in history . Lose 75% of your investment in 2 years and can’t actually use it as a truck

Comment

Just needs bigger subsidies from numbnuts then they’ll be ok

Comment

chucky get on that! Beg the Turd to increase subsidy...you pay for it!

Comment

A5, EVs can be charged at any time they are not in use which includes the majority of the day time when commuters are at work.

ICE motors are 20% efficient. EV motors are 80% efficient. 60% better! And much cheaper than fossil fuels. 1/2 the price in fact in our PHEV.

Hydro, pumped hydro, compressed air, geo thermal, tidal, nuclear, batteries are all forms of stored energy that don't rely on fossil fuels.

Comment

Check your math

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                    A5, EVs can be charged at any time they are not in use which includes the majority of the day time when commuters are at work.

ICE motors are 20% efficient. EV motors are 80% efficient. 60% better! And much cheaper than fossil fuels. 1/2 the price in fact in our PHEV.

Hydro, pumped hydro, compressed air, geo thermal, tidal, nuclear, batteries are all forms of stored energy that don't rely on fossil fuels.
                    So the average consumer who can't afford to keep a few jerry cans of gas in the garage, or is prohibited from doing so for legal or insurance reasons, will run right out and install pumped hydro in the living room.
                    And for certain, the insurance companies will look the other way when grandma wants to install a few gWh of batteries in the basement among the jars of preserves.
                    I'm sure bylaw enforcement won't mind the compressed air tanks or caverns in the backyard of the townhouse or geothermal wells under the front porch.

And now you are a proponent for nuclear, I thought you kept telling us it was the most expensive, now you want everyone to have nuclear as energy storage at home?

And are you sure that all of those methods listed don't rely on fossil fuels? For example, can you indicate which hydro dam was built without the use of fossil fuels, which batteries can be made without fossil fuel energy in the supply chains?
                    Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Dec 13, 2023, 10:01.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                      I've been thinking about that idea. That employers should somehow be responsible for providing the infrastructure and possibly the energy to refuel their employees vehicles.

I used to drive a propane fueled truck, back when propane was cheap. I'm told that you could partially refill from a residential propane tank, and avoid the fuel taxes. But it would take all night, and never get completely full.

So according to Chuck's logic, when I got to work every morning, I should have parked beside my employers propane tank, and and demanded he provide a hose for filling, then leave my truck there all day stealing the propane he bought and paid for.

That would have gone over like a lead balloon.

But if it were an EV, it would be fine to demand that my employer provide the charger and the energy. Good luck with that. Let us know if your employer agrees to your extortion.

Comment

It’s so bizarre A5 ,one can only laugh at the deranged shit these lunatics come up with . They obviously don’t think anything through

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                          Check your math
                          I hope you aren't holding your breathe waiting for Mensa to find and acknowledge his grievous math errors.

Comment

clueless about the real world , but i guess you cant expect much from people that think a man can become a woman if he puts on a dress and a wig !

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                              It’s so bizarre A5 ,one can only laugh at the deranged shit these lunatics come up with . They obviously don’t think anything through
                              I find that in the process of typing something out, such as making a post on here, I often find errors or inconsistencies in my worldview. In those cases, I don't post what I had started. I then go and do some more research, and in many cases, end up changing my opinion on an issue. Other times, I realize that I recently posted something contradictory, and I will either acknowledge that, or not post the contradiction.

But not Chuck. I've asked many times if he even reads his own posts, let along the cut and pastes. Just incoherently regurgitating the party line without any attempt to understand it.

Comment

Well there must be some attraction.
                                Mine is waning.
                                He only posts uninformed editorials.
                                He acknowledges neither his mistakes or other's proffered concessions.
                                Ghosting when out of adolescent responses.
                                On one hand he is making fools of us.
                                Are we sure he isn't an AI bot??

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...