• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada falls short in several areas of health care...OECD countries, report says

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landdownunder, in Canada we are are never overcharged for anything and excess profit and greed is good for you! That is unless you are the one paying.

There are a few misguided people who think its okay to put 4 seniors in one long term room and overcharge them and under staff them to make extra profit off of grandma in her final years!

I hear that Australia has strict enforced standards for nursing homes. Is this true? Because in Canada we are very weak on enforcement in some provinces and that's the way the for profit long term nursing care home owners want it.

When you run a parallel public and a private for profit system when staff and resources are short, you end up with 2 tiered healthcare and longer waits in the public system.

Where does the profit in good quality healthcare come from?

Comment

Don't believe a word this drone says.

Comment

better way to to it is when nursing homes get caught being sub par they get the book thrown at them where my mom is which is local is excellent. Complicated which i dont understand is a private nursing home under a govt umbrella.
        i looked at changing cover to make it cheaper, different levels, theres hospital cover and extra covers. ive got platinum hospital cover and silver extras covers. with all sorts of fine print.The chap went through mine with fine tooth comb "when did you start this, told him, you cant get this cover anymore tis roll royce do NOT change uder any circumstances"

So i wont. 2 tiered works for me, bottom end cover often still await when you join with pre existing conditions if you join today. once youve been in it for 2 years things happen. thats why ive got my 21 yr old tacked onto mine as a family member then he will roll into his own at 25.Other kids similar have there own. So ive been paying extra for them since birth so paid big $$ if you add it up paid my dues.

Again if you go go private takes strain off public. At one stage private i think was as high as 35% now think under 15% of population. Premiums risen heaps last 16 or so years change of govt got left in for about 10 of those years they try to wreck private health, goes against ideoligally i guess having private health must be public.

Some suggest australia has very good health system no idea dont compare other countries. Every tax payer pays a medicare levy

There are a few things not covered by my private its mostly big ticket stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
          Landdownunder, in Canada we are are never overcharged for anything and excess profit and greed is good for you! That is unless you are the one paying.

There are a few misguided people who think its okay to put 4 seniors in one long term room and overcharge them and under staff them to make extra profit off of grandma in her final years!

I hear that Australia has strict enforced standards for nursing homes. Is this true? Because in Canada we are very weak on enforcement in some provinces and that's the way the for profit long term nursing care home owners want it.

When you run a parallel public and a private for profit system when staff and resources are short, you end up with 2 tiered healthcare and longer waits in the public system.

Where does the profit in good quality healthcare come from?
          Question is why are staff and resources so short to begin with? Why was wheat movement abysmal during the cwb days?

Comment

Population increase, baby boomers retiring and needing more healthcare at the same time and chronic government underfunding.

Governments failed to adequately prepare and fund the the growing demands of healthcare for a growing and aging population.

And the wheat markets and marketing system have nothing to do with it. Wilton, just like A5, you are putting more silly in Agrisilly.

Comment

CWB is a perfect example of how government makes things worse

Comment

Apples to Apples Crop. Unless you think adding more silly is a good idea?

I hope you are going to choose the 4 to a room "for profit" long term healthcare option in your senior years. No government right... at least you will have someone that will listen to your nonsense. Because they can't get away!

And compulsory government regulated supply management for dairy and poultry farmers which is supported by Crypto, Schneer and all former CPC leaders and conservative farmers, is that better or worse for farmers?
                If governments are the problem why do supply manage farmers support continued government involvement?
                Last edited by chuckChuck; Dec 15, 2023, 09:27.

Comment

Population increase, baby boomers retiring and needing more healthcare at the same time and chronic government underfunding.

Governments failed to adequately prepare and fund the the growing demands of healthcare for a growing and aging population.

And the wheat markets and marketing system have nothing to do with it. Wilton, just like A5, you are putting more silly in Agrisilly.
                  I alluded to that several posts back as well. Times change and the cookie cutter solution once conceived in 1950 doesn’t fly in 2023. You have to adapt or you die.

Comment

And compulsory government regulated supply management for dairy and poultry farmers which is supported by Crypto, Schneer and all former CPC leaders and conservative farmers, is that better or worse for farmers?
                    If governments are the problem why do supply manage farmers support continued government involvement?
                    There is a tangible benefit to regulating supply and price in a captive market. Bulk commodity non perishables like cereals are produced virtually everywhere in the world so really no advantage to controlling anything when it doesn’t affect price in a positive way. So your argument has no substance.

Comment

If governments are the problem why do supply manage farmers support continued government involvement? ​
                      what is you NFUs position on quotas ? i would be all for no qoutas , having farmed under the quota system

Comment

I hope you are going to choose the 4 to a room "for profit" long term healthcare option in your senior years. No government right... at least you will have someone that will listen to your nonsense. Because they can't get away!

less than a mile from where i lived in ireland their was an old folks care home , private run , not great care and it became widely known , guess what its closed down now ,and going to wreck ,because soon nobody took their loved ones there , the good places are full and do a wonderfull job as i seen first hand , hard to get in them places , the free market is a wonderfull thing , if you are not happy with service go elsewhere , dont have that option when government controls , just like the CWB
                        Last edited by cropgrower; Dec 15, 2023, 09:49.

Comment

"Schneer" did mommy take toys away?, are we having a bad day?

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post

There is a tangible benefit to regulating supply and price in a captive market. Bulk commodity non perishables like cereals are produced virtually everywhere in the world so really no advantage to controlling anything when it doesn’t affect price in a positive way. So your argument has no substance.
                            but look how the dairy industry is screwing us now ?its bullshit

Comment

Funny how Chuck and his NFU supports supply management in a few select agricultural markets. Then invent conspiracy theories about excess profits and greedflation in any other industry.

No hypocrisy there.

Comment

Every time I have conversations with professionals trained in other countries, eventually I think of Chucks.
                                Conspiracy thinking isn't necessarily conspiracy theory following. But one needs to exist for the other to grow.
                                A rigid dullard is fertile soil.
                                Chuck's conspiracy thinking is part of the reason our health care is 50 years behind others.
                                Proof of that everywhere here.
                                Further explanation pointless.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...