• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada falls short in several areas of health care...OECD countries, report says

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comparing apples to oranges makes absolutely no sense.

Capital intensive pipeline projects have nothing in common with the costs of running long term care homes whether public or private.

Ontario has a total of 627 long-term care homes; 16% are publicly owned, 57% are owned by private for-profit organizations and 27% are owned by private not-for-profit organizations.Jun 10, 2021

[url]https://www.cihi.ca/en/long-term-care-homes-in-canada-how-many-and-who-owns-them[/url]

Last edited by chuckChuck; Dec 11, 2023, 08:08.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post

Poilievre explains clearly how he plans to do it in the video casih posted.

He didn’t watch it , obviously

Comment

"Mr. Poilievre’s video offered a bizarre version of housing supply and demand, arguing Canada has lots of land (so lots of supply) and a small population (so not much demand.) But people live in homes, with walls, and connected to infrastructure. And it is growth in population that drives demand: If Canada had a population of 100 million that shrank by five million in a year, home prices would plummet.

Comment

Bizarre version ?
          have you by chance listened to any of freelands versions , speaking of bizarre.?

Comment

The Con sheeple are pretty sure Crypto is going to make housing more affordable. Bahaha.
            Not a chance in hell!

His goal is to get elected. He has no plans to make sure lower rents and low income housing is a priority and actually happens.

Harper and Crypto cut funding to housing programs for low income families.

Comment

The average Canadian is thinking , “could anyone do any worse than this 8 year gong show”
              pierre will have pretty small boots to fill and good thing because the cupboards will be bare

Comment

"His goal is to get elected."

And what does EVERY Lieberal w/gold plated pensions want? Why is TURDO running? To lose perhaps? You are the SILLY on this forum.

ANY gov should have term limits, 8 years MAX, then they can not stand for office. Refresh is needed in any situation. These are past best before, stale, corrupt.
                Last edited by fjlip; Dec 13, 2023, 12:56.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                  The Con sheeple are pretty sure Crypto is going to make housing more affordable. Bahaha.
                  Not a chance in hell!

His goal is to get elected. He has no plans to make sure lower rents and low income housing is a priority and actually happens.

Harper and Crypto cut funding to housing programs for low income families.
                  Oh yeah like the Sask party was going to privatize the crowns and kick grandma out of the nursing home and kick every puppy in sight. Predictable as usual.

Comment

618 First Nations Communities are not supplied with safe drinking water. This issue has been going on for decades, with these communities suffering the full weight of the consequences of the inadequate water they have.
                    Remember some liar said he was going to get clean water to all reserves to help him get elected?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      618 First Nations Communities are not supplied with safe drinking water. This issue has been going on for decades, with these communities suffering the full weight of the consequences of the inadequate water they have.
                      Remember some liar said he was going to get clean water to all reserves to help him get elected?
                      Not to mention shoddily built infrastructure on reserves as well. Indian affairs is a black hole with little accountability to where money ends up after it hits band council. With the lack of accountability unscrupulous band leaders and contractors have cut corners and produced some real garbage that has no chance of being good to start with. I know there’s enough stuff that it isn’t taken care of because of lack of knowledge, responsibility, or vandalism but there is some junk out there. If the dollars had to be accounted for the state of infrastructure would probably be better. I heard one where a house inspector/carpenter was asked by a local band to check for black mould. One particular community building was hard on the heating bill and suspected of having mould. Got into it and found it had no insulation to begin with. Obviously band council hadn’t the wherewithal or were skimming to check up on things when buildings were going up.

Comment

Well Harper had an accountability bill on the go for reserves
                        numb nuts turfed it
                        sure woulda helped the average person living on reserves
                        but a guy like him knows nothing of accountability

Comment

The federal government will have spent 769 million on immigrants for hotels and meals by the end of 2023. I wonder where Canada stands compared to other countries in relation to immigration costs. Going by previous expenses this government hasn't shown its ability to streeetch the value of the taxpayers dollar very well.

Comment

If you can afford to take strain off public system do so. Looked back told a fib. Had to pay $250 up to 600 for aenthatist they are rogues not governed by any tables. My hip surgeon said if they charge you more than X tell em to get stuffed you will look elsewhere. They charged more than X they dropped it 30% when questioned. There’s Medicare here public but Medicare private that may be what Hamloc sister has? I’ve been paying since I was honestly can’t quite think either 18 or very early 20s really didn’t use it till 48 do they got $$$ out of me. Most of my broken bones fooling around on motorcycles and rock climbing and stitches from the odd blue were done under public system

Comment

I'm not so sure that my anesthesiologist is the person I want to tell to go get stuffed. Or to hire the lowest bidder.
                              You kind of have to put your life in their hands.

Comment

Point Taken AB5 but surgeon said they are a law under themselves charge $$ until questioned. There’s no corruption in you great land your unaware of skullduggery in all walks and fields of life. ????
                                True story 100% when I had shoulder fixed woke up in recovery, surgeon came in some time after “went well screwed it all back onto bone” “can you remember waking up” I said nope. “Good the memory erasing stuff worked” me “huh” “yeah ya woke up had a bit of a chat put you back under” “how’s that?” “Some how they got weight out by 20kg not a anathsetic” “for you body weight hence you woke up” “don’t stress my lips are sealed” few years back now 2016 or 17

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...