• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

____ Power Projects Pause

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The greenest sink the most

Comment

Sad reality …

Comment

[url]https://cnb.cx/3V4cUN4[/url]

Comment

The problem with Crypto's assertion that the carbon tax is a big cause of inflation is that it is not true!

According to Bank of Canada,the direct cost is 0.15% and Trevor Tombe at the U of C said according to his calculations, these knock-ons (indirect costs) do add to the impact of inflation, but they certainly don't double or triple the blow. In Ontario, the direct and indirect effects inflate prices by 0.207 per cent a year. In Alberta, it's 0.1875 per cent.??

Crypto is lying and counting on the fact that most voters will blame the rising costs on the Liberals.

So Crypto is going to cut the tax and the climate action rebate. Prices will not go down significantly and consumers won't get the rebate so they will be worse off. Crypto will have a lot of explaining to do.

There's now a Bank of Canada number for carbon tax's impact on inflation. It's small

Making everything more expensive? Only by a fraction of a percentage point

Jason Markusoff ([url]https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/author/jason-markusoff-1.6448323[/url]) · CBC News · Posted: Sep 08, 2023

It's inescapably true that the federal carbon tax makes life for Canadians more expensive — before the "climate action incentive" rebate — and Bank of Canada governor Tiff Macklem reiterated this on a visit to Calgary on Thursday.

He brought further clarity to the highly charged political discourse by putting a number on it.

That number: 0.15 percentage points of the inflation increase can be attributed to the carbon tax.
          ?
          Consider that impact this way: with year-over-year inflation lately hovering around three per cent, this means the carbon tax causes one-twentieth of price increases. When inflation peaked at just above eight per cent last year, the carbon tax would have been responsible for one-54th of it.

Normally one to deal in data rather than estimates, Macklem didn't offer a more universal figure on the carbon tax, with the direct fuel markup added to the indirect costs those increases have on goods.

For that, we'll go to Trevor Tombe, the University of Calgary economist who's well-versed enough in this matter that he can harness Statistics Canada data to figure out these indirect costs.

According to his calculations, these knock-ons do add to the impact of inflation, but they certainly don't double or triple the blow. In Ontario, the direct and indirect effects inflate prices by 0.207 per cent a year. In Alberta, it's 0.1875 per cent.?

In other words, we can rightly blame Trudeau's carbon tax for about one-fifteenth of Ontario's current inflation, or one-sixteenth of Alberta's. "Relatively small," is how Macklem put it.
          ?​

Comment

Is this the only paid off prof you can find?

Comment

University of Calgary for everything ! when i see that i dont even read

Comment

So your only lame comeback is he is paid off? LOL If he is wrong try to provide the evidence to show he is wrong. What are you waiting for?

Comment

Listen well CC to what your beloved Danny says , she will give you the truth

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                    So your only lame comeback is he is paid off? LOL If he is wrong try to provide the evidence to show he is wrong. What are you waiting for?
                    Watch the video
                    Pierre explains the compounding effect to infinity

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post

Watch the video
                      Pierre explains the compounding effect to infinity
                      You mean Pierre Crypto who thinks crypto currencies are a good investment and will solve inflation! As bad as Trudeau is Crypto is potentially dumber and worse!

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
                        University of Calgary for everything ! when i see that i dont even read
                        No doubt, you and post secondary education and knowledge don't mix!

Comment

You mean Pierre Crypto who thinks crypto currencies are a good investment and will solve inflation! As bad as Trudeau is Crypto is potentially dumber and worse!
                          You keep referring to Pollievre as Crypto. Until now, I never looked into what led you to this. And since I'm not a supporter on Cryptocurrencies, it was not a concern of mine.
                          I found a CBC article from March of 2022.
                          Here is the quote from Pierre:
                          "Canada needs less financial control for politicians and bankers and more financial freedom for the people. That includes freedom to own and use crypto, tokens, smart contracts and decentralized finance."

Freedom to own and use Crypto currencies doesn't sound the same as what you have been portraying.

Not making it illegal, is not the same as replacing the CAD with bitcoin.

And how has Bitcoin performed since then?

As of today, Bitcoin is exactly the same value in ( devalued) CAD as it was in March of 2022. Not exactly an inflation hedge over that time period. But didn't lose value either.

Comment

I liked your post but my like button is broken ????
                            Last edited by TSIPP; Nov 30, 2023, 18:11.

Comment

My last post was filled with a bunch of gibberish, that’s why I did the edit.

Comment

No doubt, you and post secondary education and knowledge don't mix!
                                Far worse too be a parrot that cant think for themselves

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...