• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GM 1500 series diesel

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GM 1500 series diesel

Seriously considering replacing a small suv we have with a light 1500 series crew cab as it would serve our purposes very well and would be well suited to rural sask. The “baby” duramax has caught our attention with stories of great fuel economy and I have read comments on here from different members praising them. However I have also heard stories about some horrendous repair bills for them as well. Just wondered what agriville has to say about them, good or bad, all comments welcome.

P.S. probably will be looking at the slightly used market.

Absolutely love the one I have , 1000-1200 km per tank is nice . I bought 7 year warranty 160k km for around 3800 $
    Was same price as big gas engine , about $1500 option over 5.3
    no diesel smell or noise
    Thinking of replacing our eco diesel on farm with one also

Comment

How does it compare to 5.3 in power.
      Towing?

Comment

Slightly better I would say but only pulled a 20’ boat
        mileage does drop more than they say
        probably down to 21-23 mpg when towing
        but definitely a nicer more fuel efficient truck than the dodge eco diesel we also have

Comment

Only $$ I've ever spent on a 5.3 over the last 23 years is plugs at 150.
          Thoughts? By 280-320 I'm spending on everything else but the engine.

Comment

Have a slightly used 2020 i bought in spring with 34K on it and a 6.5 ft box. Best truck i have ever owned. Consistent 35+ MPG and power to burn. I just put on good quality tires and got rid of the cheap factory ones.
            I also have a 2016 Ram eco diesel that has been really good to me. Bought new and just deleted it at 225 K. Started having trouble with burnt out heater in DEF tank. The truck is much better mileage and more power. The Chev is a bigger heavier truck but still out performs the Dodge. I would recommend the the baby duramax. The only drawback is i would have never dreamed i would have to pay that much for a truck in my time

Comment

My only complaint with the dodge is the shitty dirt filled cab, and a wee bit less MPG
              bought this 2022 RST new in 21 for 56k , loaded pretty good with leather before everything went nuts and put LT tires on it before leaving dealership
              hands down best truck I have ever owned

Comment

Do the math on fuel prices, how much per mile or Km?

Comment

We've got over 50K on a small Duramax in a Yukon. The 1200 km range is definitely a big advantage. Fuel consumption has been around 10 L / 100 km or a bit better. Except when we picked up a small enclosed trailer when it went to 17 right away. It also started going through DEF a lot faster. So I hesitate to recommend it if towing is a big part of the use. Otherwise fairly satisfied. The new version with more horsepower would be welcome.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...