• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Riverstone plant?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Now we can play the game and get some benifit out of it for the average farmer.." Who is we Cowman? - you and your friends the Carlyle Group? Explain to me again how this will produce any greater net benefit to the average farmer than producing grain for current markets does.

Comment

Hate to tell you this cowdog, but here in southern Alberta feed wheat is worth more than #1 going to the CWB already.

Comment

grassfarmer: I think we are already seeing some of the benifit with ethanol production from corn? A good deal of corn is being taken out of the food market and going into ethanol production?
        Barley is a pretty good price...the best price in several years...I would suggest that price can probably be attributed to the healthy corn price?
        Barley and wheat prices have been dismal for several years now? Feedlots and hog barns prospered on dirt cheap grain. I really don't think the supply has lessened...but demand has(or maybe the so called future demand)?
        The Canadian public has started to move towards being more "green" and the government has responded to that movement? There will now be a legislated blend of fuel, whether we like it or not! One way or the other someone will be supplying that blend...might as well be the Canadian farmer? It seems the public doesn't want our food, but have no problem paying for our fuel? If they decide they will pay more for food, than fuel...then that is a good thing?

Comment

farm ranger where can I get more than $5.69 for my feedwheat plus $10.00/eonne trucking????????
          Quote january 15th feedwheat --- Winnipeg --- $175.00 minus basis and shipping

Comment

That's the PRO for #1 11.5 protien wheat in-store Vancouver and is about 209/tonne. Lower protien would be less than that, I would assume. The deductions back to Alberta will be around $46.

Take the 46 per tonne off the 209 and you get 165. If you live near a feedlot which doesn't take any more than 1% dockage, and pays you as soon as you haul, that 175 looks a little better than the 165 you might get from the board in a year. No?

Comment

Pardon my poor math skills, 209 minus 46 is 163.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...