• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you surround youorself with snakes your likely to get bitten

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess we wait and see. For one thing, Ed stood in front of the media and shouldered the blame for a decision that fundraisers in four campaigns decided to make. When Ralph threw money at the homeless and cussed at them Graham Thompson ( surprise, surprise) broke the story in the Edmonton Journal. Ralph got in front of the cameras and cried his eyes out, swearing off the demon alcohol etc. Did it hurt him one bit, NO it did not. He was King Ralph to the people of Alberta to the end. His own party side swiped him, but not Albertans.

I have a lot of respect for anyone that will take the blame for something or decision they have made.

Ted Morton, may or may not be on a mission, but I doubt whether or not stabbing the premier in the back is part of his mission. Incidentally, the Land Use Policy Framework is in Ted's Ministry, so it is going to be interesting to see how he deals with it.

Comment

...the media let ralph off the hook...the barbs appear to be just a bit sharper for ed...hard not to disagree with jd4me...ed had better have a good pr man or a hard shell for his back to deflect all the knives being thrown...

Comment

Shouldered the responsibility?

Better read more of the Edmonton Journal article,

excerpt from todays Edmonton journal story.
        "Stelmach did the right thing by killing these unseemly political grope sessions with the well-heeled. But he didn't kill them quietly or painlessly. He strangled them to death in front of the assembled media with tortured logic and mangled syntax.

"I'm not putting any blame on anybody," he began -- and then immediately tried to lay blame on party workers for coming up with the idea of the $5,000-a-head exclusive gatherings: "It's been perhaps a bit of an over-enthusiasm on a few fundraisers, some of our volunteers, in promoting this pre-reception."

Maybe this IS a good thing and maybe Ed will learn from this and maybe he'll learn that there are no small mistakes when you're the premier.
        And it's not Ted he needs to watch the dangerous ones are a lot closer to him but maybe thats why they are "keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Wanna quit while you're behind yet?

Easier to say yes he screwed up and I hope he learned from it. Than trying to defend something thats undefendable, I'm dead serious about the tories being very vulnerable right now and they better pay heed. Thats what a good leader does, Klein did and learned from his mistakes and the party held power Stelmach will too if he's smart .
        Strike one.

Comment

Well lets see Ralph had 165 or was it 265 spin Drs on his staff now how many is Ed going to have and what do we pay these people, dont supose you know do you coppertop.

Comment

I seriously doubt Morton will go over to the Alliance? I do think he is committed to working within the PC party for some changes though?
            Hey anyone can make a mistake...even Ed Stelmach? He's not a God, he's just a man? He fixed it and hopefully learned from it.
            I hope the knives aren't out for Mr. Stelmach, because bottom line is this: He is our go to guy! He loses...we all lose! I shudder to think the Liberal party might ever get their hands on the purse strings!...Or horror of horrors...the NDP!
            I was just thinking about this the other day. What would happen if Alberta elected an NDP party and Saskatchewan elected the Saskatchewan Party? Would we have to send back all our imported Saskatchewan farmboys, nurses, businessmen? Would there be a stampede at the border as all the oil companies tried to escape? Would Lloydminister be jammed with rigs crossing the border?
            Many people on this site have expressed concern with the crazy growth in this province and are calling for a slowdown in the economy? You're dreams of "sustainablity" could become reality...just vote for your local Dipper in the next election!
            Why we might even be able to get some good roads like Saskatchewan has now and all our privatized road services could go on strike! LOL

Comment

I would hate to base my decisions on the premier or any politician on what Graham Thompson writes. He is the king of negative journalism, and even GODalmighty would have a difficult time getting positive press in his column.
              Horse, if you are speaking of the Public Affairs bureau, they don't just deal with the media releases from the Premier's office, they deal with all public affairs . If you subscribe to the media releases from the Alberta Government Website, you will see that each ministry has media contact people. If the public had no interest in what the government does, these people would not be necessary, but many Albertans like to be informed about what their government is doing, on a timely basis with accurate information, hence the public affairs bureau.

As far as how many communications people there are in the Premier's office, it is my understanding that he asked Klein's communications person to stay on and she has agreed.

Many municipalities, ours included, have a director of communicaton whose responsibility is to provide timely information on issues within the municipal governance to citizens. In our municipality that involves a newsletter, weekly column in our local paper etc. Provincially, it involves media releases, etc. I don't know exactly how many people are involved in the public affairs bureau but I do know that each ministry has their own communications staff.

Comment

Cowman
                Thats the thing though he's no longer "just a man" as you say he wanted and waqs given one of the biggest jobs in Canada and he has to act the part and if we don't send a message to him now that this sort of behavior isn't what we find acceptable do you want him to think it is and quietly continue it behind the scenes? I don't, hopefully the people that read and participate in this dialogue over the past day will have gotten worked up enough to actually say something to him if they get the chance because kissing his butt for 5000 or 500000 is nothing but bad for him and this province.
                A leader leads by words actions and example, is this the example we want to have him set. I don't and truely hope this was a one off and he'll learn from it because thats another thing a good leader does and thats listen and learn.

Comment

Coppertop
                  There's no doubt you know, trust and admire the man, he may even be a personal friend. But the best thing we can do for a friend is to express our thoughts to them not angrily or cruely but softly,kindly and thoughtfully and be there for them if they make a mistake. The worst thing we can do for a friend is accept the mistake and ignore it. If they are a good person and a true friend they will listen and respect you for your viewpoint.
                  They may not always agree but they are always your friend. Ed will need his friends over the next few years because when Ralph stopped listening to his and only listened to the 5000 dollar a plate crowd we all lost.

Comment

Obviously you have never spoken to any of my friends. I have always prided myself in being a straight shooter, telling it like it is, and that is the type of people I surround myself with. If I screw up in word or deed, I expect my friends to tell me so, honestly and pulling no punches. That is the way I have always dealt with people whether it be in business, public life or with family or friends. Anyone can criticize, but in my view positive suggestions along with criticixm are what sets friends and people who are well meaning apart from those who are just plain negative and lower themselves to name calling, etc.
                    I always like to hear all sides of an issue before I condemn anyone, including the Premier, Prime minister or Queen for that matter.
                    I respect your views on this matter, in fact, I share those views when it comes to 'buying' time with politicians who are paid by the public purse. Have no fear, many people have provided their views on this issue to their MLA, and the Premier.

Comment

Nice to read that and I'm not surprised, why do you think I started this thread here yesterday. Maybe Ed will hear it from a friend. A stranger my be right but never listened to as openly as a friend is.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...