• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Private vs public?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private vs public?

Read in the local paper that Lacombe county is planning for a $32 plus million operating budget? Red Deer County hasn't come out with a number yet but intends to operate under the 2006 budget until mid January? Red Deer county had an operating budget of $15.7 million in 2006!
    Now what is this? Red Deer county is a lot bigger than Lacombe county...and I believe has more people? Now remember this isn't about capital...only operating expenses?
    I do believe Lacombe county has better roads than RD county...but $32 million!!!?
    Of course they also have more money than they know what to do with due to the petro chemical industry taxes at Joffre? Maybe the city of Red Deer could figure out a way to annex Joffre?LOL
    But I wonder....how much of the difference in operating expense can be attributed to public operations versus privatization? Red Deer County operations are privatized...Lacombe operations are public? Hmmm....very interesting?

2006 census: Red Deer County pop.-18,721
    Lacombe County pop. 10,750 est.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...