• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dion on way to be next PM

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dion on way to be next PM

If one believes the Eastern media these days then Dion will be our next PM (OH GOD HELP US)Are a majority of this country just plain nuts.
    A Liberal will always be a liberal.
    A NDP will always be a NDP.
    OK the both are the same but more has happened in the last 6 months to the betterment of Canada then in 13 years of liberal rule.
    Liberals like Ralph say yes were sympathetic to your plite we will pay a bunch of Advisers (liberal hacks)or Liberal polling companies to study your problem and come up with a positive solution.
    Then they anounce years later a big dollar amount but since its years later virtual no money is spent on the problem.
    THey are masters at the political game but this wimp I dont think can control them like Cretien ETC.
    Good luck DION!

Saskfarmer: Unfortunately I think you hit the nail on the head! I have no doubt that whatever dog the Liberals choose to run...he will win?
    Maybe it is time to consider an alternative?...forget kissing their ass...through all the diversions.... Reform, Alliance, "CONSERVATIVE"...and then consider the big picture?
    Bottom line...We are a very "VERY" viable nation? BC, Alberta,Saskachewan? Manitoba?
    Do we really need the rest of Canada?
    You do the math? How much longer do you need to get screwed to figure it out?

Comment

Yes I agree the country should have been divided at Ontario Manitoba border and the USA should have been split at the Mississippi River.
      The west in both countries is the strongest. Its time to quit giving it away to the rest of Canada and keeping more at home.

Comment

Reality is the media is left wing.
        We lost the National right wing media when we lost Conrad.

If you heard Rosalie on the CBC noon edition today you heard the bais of
        a knowledgeable reporter. The power of media to influene and direct the
        2 minute clip audience is increasingly
        more potent.

Dion will ride a magic carpet of media. That is reality.

Another reality the West would be a strong country. Reality is we cannot get more than 50% of the people out to vote on grain marketing, when it actually makes a huge difference to their immediate bottom line... well good luck in moving the masses... unless of course Alberta establishment decides to drive the agenda then...

hang on.

Comment

It was sort of sad that less than 50% of eligible grain farmers bothered to vote in the CWB elections, but not really surprizing?
          Back in the early nineties there was a beef referendum on the check off? It was promoted by both status quoe and the anti-checkoff side in a pretty big way? Alberta Agriculture made it very easy for producers to vote. Result: 12% of eligible producers voted...and slightly over 6% voted to retain the checkoff!...the next year they raised the checkoff!
          Regularily less than 50% of voters, vote in Municipal elections...with the large cities having an even lower turnout...I think Calgary was in the 20 something percentage range!
          Bottom line is this: A small well organized minority can carry the day very easily and decide how you will be governed! Not to belabor a point but less than 2% of Albertas population decided who our premier would be!
          I guess people just don't care anymore?

Comment

IF there is a significant issue that gets the public's back up, then the voter turn out will increase. Case in point, the 2004 municipal elections, where there were some major issues in several municipalities and the public wanted change so in those municipalities I would suspect the turnout was better than average.

Comment

Yes but what is more significant that your bottom line. At least have an opinon and express it. The CWB election has a significant impact on the process of income generation. I guess consecutive years of net farm income paralleed by increasing elevator handling charges on board grain was not a sufficient motivator.

Seriosuly how much effort does it take to be responsive to your business. I just don't get it.

So even if seperation was so ultimately a clear choice for the West, unless it is driven, like in Quebec by the elite, and the powerful in Alberta it has no chance at all.

And so we are better off to try to make this system work.

Harper is working on the Senate we can only hope he is able to get it elected before the eastern media sponsor Dion.

Comment

peaqueen: What is more important than your bottom line? And why wouldn't you get out and vote to change it?...good questions!
                An example: I regularily get roasted over on the beef forum for not being "pro-active" in the ABP. The fact is at one time I was very pro-active!
                In the early ninties I joined the "anti-checkoff" group that tried to get rid of the ABP(then the Alberta Cattle Commission). Why? Because everything they did was against my better interests...and I was helping to fund it! The ACC did little for the small cow/calf guy operating on private land and in fact actually really hurt him by keeping the "welfare cows" on government land? Pretty hard to compete with someone who is getting paid to run his cows on government grass! This seemed to be the main focus of the ACC!
                So anyway I got "enlisted" into joining the fight to stop the abuse! I threw in a couple of hundred bucks to help with advertizing and I spent many hours talking to local beef producers trying to get them to vote! The result:12% of eligible producers bothered to vote and slightly more than 6% voted to retain the checkoff!
                At that time I just gave up and considered the ACC as just another evil imposed on me by government! Just another cost of doing business? A complete waste of time trying to convince anyone to change! It was a very "AHA" moment! Most producers are too lazy or apathetic or whatever to bother voting? So why even try?

Comment

Oh, one other thing!
                  I've always voted in every federal, provincial, municipal election...usually on the losing side!
                  In provincial politics the only time I ever voted for the "winner" was Klein in his second term? He did what he said he would do in his first term by cutting the bloat in government...and I thought that should be rewarded? Of course he then went on to become a spendthrift and wiped out all the good he did! LOL
                  In the recent "premier election" I saw a chance for some change and voted accordingly! I bought 8 memberships for family and employees...because I saw a chance for meaningful change? Unfortunately...I guess once again I picked a loser and was out of touch with the majority...or at least the 2% who elected the premier!
                  So its back to the drawing board!

Comment

A process to elect Senators!
                    Way to go Harper!

I bet everyone hates this measure in Ottawa, imagine trying to breathe a little vitality and accountability into the institution that is meant to rubber stamp the cabinet rule of Ottawa.

Comment

A process to elect Senators!
                      Way to go Harper!

I bet everyone hates this measure in Ottawa, imagine trying to breathe a little vitality and accountability into the institution that is meant to rubber stamp the cabinet rule of Ottawa.

Comment

Harper's "through the backdoor" method is just plain STUPID. IF he wants to change the method of selecting senators, then why doesn't he get a constitutional amendment like any NORMAL government would do. Harper wants to do an end-run around proper procedure to get some kind of result to justify the PC agenda of change.

What an idiot he is to think that we can't see through his shortsighted initiative.

Comment

I think that Harper is being fairly wily. My bet is that he shuffles his cabinet and calls a snap election as soon as he possibly can. He will go to the polls on Senate reform. My bet is that we are in for a March or April election.

Comment

Wilagro: This was exactly how the USA senate came into being? At one time it was appointed...and had no legitimacy. Then one state allowed the people to elect their senator and soon others followed! Eventually they were all elected and gained as much power as the house of representatives.
                            Consider the senate: 24 in Quebec. 24 in Ontario. I believe 24 in all the Maritines. AND 24 IN MANITOBA,SASKATCHEWAN, ALBERTA AND BC!
                            Do you think that is fair?
                            A triple E senate(elected,equal,effective) would go a long way to mending all the regional alienation in this country? Unfortunately it will never happen under the current system! Never!
                            If Mr. Dion becomes the next primeminister what do you think will happen? He has clearly stated his environmental plans...and that means a carbon tax! Now where do you think that is going to come from?...only one place...the western oilfield! In other words on top of all the money they take out of the west in equalization payments...they now want ALL of our oil/gas royalties!
                            Will you roll over for them again?
                            Stephen Harper has done some good things...and screwed up too...but finally we are moving this country away from some of the insanity of the last several years?
                            I don't think the opposition parties are going to let him bring in a spring budget? Rumor has it that the budget will include some heavy tax cuts and that definitely doesn't work for the NDP or Liberals! They want "more" government, not "less"!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...