• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important Announcement -Agri-ville.com

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Important Announcement -Agri-ville.com

Dear Agri-ville.com Members and Visitors,

Effective January 1, 2007 access to Agri-ville.com will no longer be available.

We have appreciated your participation and the opportunity to provide this online community - Agri-ville.com to you for the past 10 years, but we are no longer able to continue maintaining this website.

We believe in the Agri-ville.com concept and the value the Agri-ville.com community offers its members.

If you or anyone you know is interested in acquiring Agri-ville.com please send your contact information to mayor@agri-ville.com.

It has been a great educational 10 years and we thank everyone of you.

Respectfully,

Mayor
    Agri-ville.com (Since 1996)

I guess nothing lasts forever. But knowing that to be true does't cheer me up a bit when getting this news.

I got my first computor about 5 years ago and this was the first site that was drawn to my attention by a farming friend. I found it to be most interesting and I have grown to love it and and all the participants in this form. I live to far from town to go for coffee and visit coffee row on a dayly basis...you all, have been it.

You have all become an important part of my day and I will miss this for sure.

This message comes from the "Mayor" but for me, Cowman will always be the Mayor of Agi-ville.

I would thank you all for tolerating me. I have enjoyed the debates and I enjoy being provocative. I have always said that where everyone thinks the same no one thinks very much...well there are alot of thinkers that visit this site...but for one exception of course...wilagrow...he is stillbeingconned.......JUST kidding!!

I am not sure but I think I might take the credit for the most topic starters and providing the topics that get the longest or most replys...its been a blast.

Comment

iveBINconned: It has been a very interesting site and I am sure someone or some organization will be willing to take it over.

I purchased my first computer some twenty six years ago and in all of that time, I have never seen a site dedicated to agriculture that was as informative and versatile as Agri-ville.

Conned one, It was nice to get your goat every once in a while. Pretty hard sometimes to 'turn you around', but we try.

Cheers

Comment

I have entered into a partnership and shown interest at taking over the site. If something does happen, I want as many ideas as possible, from the members, for restructuring the site and adding new concepts, as some areas are not utilized, and others are needed, but not available. All hope is not gone yet!

Comment

WOW! This is news, We have very little in Saskatchewan that is Agriculture driven on the Internet.(yes BS company Web sites and Sask Ag and Food(joke) But Agriville had farmers discussing farm information and at times it got hard and heavy but that's what discussion is all about, look at all the ideas and come to a conclusion on your own.
          I truly will miss this site.

Comment

15444 I have visited many sites but I have found none as neatly set up as "Free Dominion". When you get a chance explore this site...no doubt you will get ideas.

http://www.freedominion.ca/phpBB2/portal.php

Comment

...i do hope 15444 you can make something like that happen...though i never post in the grain guy's section... i do like to read their discussions on the ag industry as well...then there is the beef and the politics... though as saskfarmer says come to your conclusions... i as well never see debate being a bad thing...unless it all comes from the left side...lol...

Comment

We shall see what the owners of Agri-ville decide. I like the overall appeal of it currently, but would totally revamp the discussion boards. I would like to a see a phbb-style forum (similar to ranchers and cattletoday) where quotes, private messages and pictures could be included. As well, I would eliminate the cap on thread age and let the entire thread history be viewed through additional pages. I was quite ticked when the 3-month cap went in place, as many stories and information was lost from all the threads and posters.

I want to see this site remain in place as a Canadian ag producer-focused site.

Comment

I am saddened to see the site potentially going off-line. Having been here since day 1 it is like loosing a big part of my day. The original intent was the exchange of information between producers, as producers have a great deal of knowledge and it had to be shared.

I have really enjoyed my time as a moderator for almost 9 years and most recently just as a poster. It was always exciting to see new posters come to the site, with their diverse thoughts and often times great information. It has been a way for us to meet and network, without actually having to leave home.

with any luck we will see this site continue, but if not, it has been a great pleasure.

Regards,
                  Linda

Comment

well Linda you seem to have made some connections over the past few years, maybe you can pull a few strings and see what comes up!
                    It is a surprize to me that they would let this site go, since one of the common comments in almost every meeting, paper or study has been the challenge getting industry stakeholders to communicate!

Comment

I started a yahoo group. It is a forum similar to this one. It is free to join and very easy to use. all you have to do is set up a yahoo acount which is very easy and free to do. I was sad to hear that agri-vlle.com will be shutting down Jan 01, 2007. I hope that you will come and join the yahoo group so we can keep each other informed.

Let anyone you think that may be interested about this new forum. We can set up a list of moderators if anyone is interest in being a moderator or who you think should be moderators and we can set it up.

I hope to see you at the Agriculture Commodity Marketing Forum .

Here is the web address below.

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/agriculturecommoditymarketing/

Click to join agriculturecommoditymarketing

HTML code:

alt="Click here to join agriculturecommoditymarketing">
                      Click to join agriculturecommoditymarketing

Comment

Hi Everyone:

We are please to work with CRCS on the acquisition of the Agri-ville.com site and we plan to continue to operate and improve the site for the users.

Please send us any feedback you have on how we can improve the information for you.

Best Regards and we look forward to working with you.

Joe Dales
                        Vice President and CoFounder
                        Farms.com Ltd.
                        877-438-5729 x5013
                        joe.dales@farms.com

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...