• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Provincial riding breakdowns?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Provincial riding breakdowns?

I wonder if anyone knows a site that gives a breakdown on how the provincial vote went?
    I know Red Deer South went to Morton.Red Deer North? Jablonski(MLA) campaigned pretty hard for Dinning? Really wondering how Innisfail/Sylvan went(Oulette was pushing Stelmach from day one), but also most of southern Alberta?
    I watched the election for awhile on a Calgary station and they said Dinning pretty well owned Calgary, Stelmach had most of northern Alberta and Edmonton and Morton was strong in the rural areas of southern Alberta?
    I would think the Liberal party would target Calgary pretty hard for a breakthrough...especially if they can get Bracconier to run? And the Alliance would target those southern districts pretty hard?
    Anyway it was a whole lot of entertainment...well worth the $5!

the
    Edmonton Journal has the poll by poll results.

Comment

You can get the entire province results at http://www.rapierstrategy.com/pcresultsdec2.htm

Comment

Thank you for that site, was exactly what I was looking for!
        It is interesting how the province split so deeply on the candidates? If I was the Liberals I'd be licking my lips? Calgary looks ripe for the picking? Where are you Dave Braconnier?
        Was rather disgusted that my own riding seemed to be out of touch with every riding around it, but we have a strong "old boys" club of PCs here who vote status quo practically everytime and are very well organized! As my old uncle says "You could run a dead dog here for the PCs and win everytime"!

Comment

cowman, you live in an affluent constituency, but interestingly enough not one of the MLA's in the region supported either Ed or Ted. Doerksen didn't put his support behind any candidate after he dropped off the ballot but Jablonsky was extremely obvious about her support for Dinning. During the first advance poll she was standing exactly the required distance from the polling station waving a Dinning sign.

The Edmonton area is vastly different, with two constituencies supporting Ed on the first ballot and three supporting him on the second when Horner moved over from Norris. Of course George Rogers stayed with Dinning to the end.

George Groenevold is the only Calgary area MLA that supported Ed throughout the process, but I understand that a lot of them are now indicating that they really WERE his supporters all
          along. LOL.

Both the Edmonton and Calgary mayors are Liberal, but I am hearing that a very high profile candidate is going to take on Mandel next year, so that may change. Whether or not the Liberals can make inroads in the major cities remains to be seen.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...