• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Ukrainian Farm Boy from Andrew Alberta

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Morton may get his chance to prove himself if he is appointed to Cabinet. I am not the least bit concerned about namecalling, never stoop to it myself, in fact it sounds a bit like sour g****s when you each read your posts. My concern with Morton all along was two fold, he played on the religious values drum, and he was no more religious than any other candidate, and he did not articulate his plan clearly enough for health care insurance, opting out of the CPP or the RCMP, and secondly, his American education and upbringing did not give him the experience in the Canadian style legislative system that I feel a Premier needs.

I happen to be attending a conference at this time with some of the folks who worked for him when he was first elected, they have said clearly, that he isn't willing to listen, he wants to lecture. Of course as a professor that is what he made his living at, but he can be a very effective cabinet minister given the proper advisors and the appropriate portfolio.

Having said all this, I don't intend on carrying on the discussion about the new Premier. I would suggest cowman that you check back on your posts on this site where you clearly stated on more than one occasion, that STELMACH DID NOT HAVE A HOPE of being Premier.....

Comment

your religon and your commitment to faith is not about how many times you go to church, it is what you believe in....I took the time to read his bio, check out his website, listen to his speeches...he did not play the religon card....the fear mongers did....he is not an evangelical like George W, he is a catholic, just like Ed I beleive...

.......have you looked into or read his published work...while in Canada working at a Canadian university...or working in Ottawa on Federal and national issues ....he likely has a right to lecture on many topics of relevance to Albertans.....the question might be would people like yourself(coppertop) have an open enough mind to listen?

but what really makes me wonder is what does it matter if he was born in the US and educated there...we send many of our brightest to the US to come back with US educations....myself and many other people in Alberta are first generation or immigrants..many orignally coming from oppression/communist led nations but hey have gone on to be great leaders in Canada......even Getty was an American who came up here to play football if I remember correct, and was a mla who became premier....in tough economic times no less......

if you have such disdain for the US you might find a better home with the american hating liberals.....you may not stoop to namecalling, but your mudslinging of our southern neighbors, biggest trading partners and strongest ally makes me wonder what the differnce really is...

the key to success for Ed is to heal the wounds, which I beleive he will, and pull the party and ALL the support together....if he moves the party too far left to appease the small c conervatives he may gain liberal support but I belive the bigger threat is he does not work to keep the big C conservatives in the tent and away from the the Alliance...IMHO

Comment

I am not sure about fearmongers, I do know that evangelical church groups across the province urged their members to vote for Morton because of his stand on same sex marriage, I doubt that those who follow that particular religion would qualify as fearmongers.
        The candidate I supported and worked tirelessly for never once said anything detrimental about any other candidate.

I have never been a Liberal will never be one, I have stated my concerns on this site, and elsewhere. Fact is those who paid their $5.00 made their choice based on what they felt was the best candidate, and also the candidate they felt should receive their #2 vote.

Now, we wait to see who is in Cabinet, and, hopefully see some new direction .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...