• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

coppertop

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coppertop

You have fun today, and remember however it goes...the sun will come up tommorrow! Been a fun few weeks.

Hmmm, on a federal note, Dion came up the middle to take the leadership.

Could be things like that could happen in Alberta.

Comment

Two shockers in one day! What can you say?
      I don't know what the Liberals were thinking? I would think Dion has to be about the worst choice possible to knock off Harper, but who knows? After yesterday I don't think I have a clue about politics! Two losers pull it out of the hat in one day! Incredible!

Comment

cowman, people have chastised me over the last few days for comments on this site but for you to refer to Ed Stelmach as a loser is plain and simply wrong. Neither he, nor Ted Morton or Jim Dinning are losers. Nor is anyone who is willing to put their name on a ballot and seek the support of their community, or fellow Albertans.

Comment

Cowman probably would be happy to see strong leaders like Ghenghis Khan, Attila the Hun or perhaps Steve West run things. THEN things would get done that would please him.

Comment

Don't know about the first two but I really liked Steve West! Love him or hate him he sure changed how Alberta was run.

Comment

YUP he sure did, municipalities carry debt loads to this day because he cut the MAG grants.

Comment

Maybe it was the leadership of the municipality? Red Deer County hasn't got a debt load...but then again they privatized and saved $1.5 million a year! The reeve said that. Do you think he is a liar?

Comment

cowman, Red Deer County is a long established municpality, while our municpality was only incorporated in 1988. We had to pay off debt to the counties we were separated from to become our own entity, then hot on the heels of that we lost the MAG grant. It was not poor planning on the part of the first few councils, however, the one that was booted out in 2004 were certainly on a run away. Debenturing local paving etc.

You seem to pick and choose what day of the week you support the decisions of your county cowman.....today must be the day you think they are doing a great job !!!

Comment

hmmm..I wonder why if you knew everything...you are no longer a councillor?

Comment

cowman, spending ones life as a municipal councillor is not good for ones stress level. I spent four years doing other regulatory work, and am now back working with the municipality as a member of the Municipal Planning Commission. That involves a couple of days per month, and of course half a day preparation for each meeting, but is not the demanding job that a municipal councillor is. I have never said I knew everything, but, just as you have significant expertise in many areas, those of us that have served our community as members of council learn as we go too, or at least we should.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...