• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natural gas prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Natural gas prices

$8.82/mmbtu(American $) this AM. $7.72 last friday! Quite a jump? This is the price at Hubyl center Oklahoma, which basically is the world price.
    I think this is sort of an unforseen thing? I suspect it is speculators driving this market, but it could be the discipline shown by the gas producers in reducing production? Maybe farmers should take notes?

Cowman we are in winter mode (USA & CANADA) and guess what gas prices go up as does demand. The price was down low like most falls except last year because hurricane Katrina blew half the gulf coast out of production. But were back to normal and if the winter is a El nino then Gas consumption will be down thus large inventories come spring only thing that will affect anhydrous is huge corn acres going in.
    What a game isn't it fun!!

Comment

Saskfarmer: I don't know about it being fun but it sure is interesting!
      NG in late September fell actually below $4. Do you think the fertilizer manufacturers might have locked in a few jigajoules??? If not what were they thinking?
      I think though that most gas producers figured about $8 or slightly less this winter was a good stable figure...and like I said this is a four day phenomena...which could very easily reverse itself tommorrow!
      Personally I would like to see some stability in the market, without the extremes? Makes planning for everyone more secure?

Comment

You mean you want a regulated market Cowman, you old communist you. Isn't the "free market economy" working too well for you when you are a gas customer?

Comment

grassfarmer: I actually am primarily a "gas producer" and only secondarily a gas consumer, and yea I would welcome some stability in that market?
          Now I haven't abandoned my "free market" attitude, but there has to be a way to balance out the lows with the highs?
          When gas soars to $15 and then drops to $4...do you think that is a good thing? I certainly don't! It alienates customers, creates unecessary burdens, and in the long run destroys the business!
          We need a system that averages out the NG market and makes it possible for everyone to live with it? Sort of like the calf-grain thing?
          I don't think we need a "government" to do this? Maybe just an arrangement between the producer and the consumer?

Comment

Yea like dont complain just use more vasaline.

Comment

Horse: not sure whether you are complaining here or cheering..since on a previous post you stated you were an investor in a NG company? Are you saying you are the recipient or the violator? LOL

Comment

I think a recipant . I dont have investment in a NG co but I do have investments in the energy sector , but I dont have to **** people to make a return on invertment do I?

Comment

Those big evil oil and gas companies...are who? Well actually they are just investors like you...trying to get a return on their investment? Would you be happy getting a poor return...so the company could act like Boy Scouts?
                  "We have met the enemy...and it is us!"

Comment

We were much, much better off with a "regulated" system. It certainly smoothed out the highs and lows.

Comment

YUP< thanks a bunch Jim Dinning for selling caucus on your slogan that DEREGULATION WOULD NOT FAIL !!!!

Guess what, my utility bills tell me different

Comment

This AM, NG back down to $8.21! Up and down and all around! Guess the boys need to shut off a few more taps! LOL

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...