• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

blocking state owned takeovers...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way I figure it is if everyone who voted for Morton on the 25th got out and convinced one more person to vote their "persuasion", he should win this thing! I already told my son, daughter in law, daughter, son in law I would pick up the price of their membership!
    Also phoned a few of the neighbors!

Comment

I can just see the headlines now "Central Alberta farmer in cash for votes scandal" LOL, you're no better than the Liberals Cowman.

Comment

NO WAY he is far better...he is up front about it.

I am calling my kids!

Comment

Well, I am going on record here and saying that I have NOT purchased any membership but my own, I have sold numerous memberships but each and every person, including my kids made their own decisions and paid for their membership.

As far as any candidate assuring that there will be an increase in entry fees, sounds like they have a God complex. Any politician can put that suggestion forward but there are various pieces of legislation that deal with right of entry, so no premier can arbitrarily dictate what any company will pay.

Another tactic to get votes....and by the look of it people are falling for it hook line and sinker!

Comment

Well is buying someone a membership illegal or something? All the leadership contenders do it...so how is it evil if I do it?
            coppertop: The premier has a lot of pull? Fact is he can get a lot of things done and getting the entry raised is not a big deal, like you imply? Do you really think the leader of the party has no pull? Come on you've been around the political block?
            Dinning said he would look at all the legislation regarding surface leases as well as the royalty structure to the province? Of course thats all he said "I'll look at it"!...which pretty well covers his whole platform!
            Don't know what Stelmach had to say as I never paid much attention to what he had to say. Guess I never thought he would be anything more than an "also ran"? Assuming he is the great defender of rural Alberta and agriculture, I am sure he would be advocating better prices for farmers? Certainly better entry prices than we got 27 years ago?

Comment

Oh and by the way the only reason I know Morton was advocating an increase in entry fees was because it was mentioned at that Surface Rights meeting....and they only mentioned Morton, or so the boy reported.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...