• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

low natural gas prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

low natural gas prices

Talking to an operator the other day he told me they are just starting to shut in some production to lower the supply. The price is just too low.
    However I note drilling sure hasn't slowed down, at least around here, and by the time these wells are ready to go into production the price will probably have risen? They obviously aren't drilling these wells so they can lose money!
    I wonder how that might work with farmers? If the price of beef or grain falls too low doesn't it make sense to lower the supply? Instead we seem to try to increase supply? Does this make any kind of sense?
    If the Cargills of the world were in charge of primary production what do you think they would do?

I was told several CBM programs had been cancelled/postphoned? The projects that had started are being completed (just like we still keep seeding when prices go in the tank) but stuff at the planning stage is on hold?
    Actually doesnt make much sense to me? It would be cheaper to continue drilling and bringing into production at a slower pace. More time means less money as you dont have to outbid the other companies for contractors. I know it was almost an auction sale to get good pipeline operators last winter. Some service companies charged double day rate plus subsistance for camp jobs. I expect those guys are slowed right down now

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...