• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hey Cowman, CBM screwup?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

glad things are working out for you Ron. Most companies now days want to work with the landowner as best they can, but that means the landowner has to be vigilant and ensure the company is kept on their toes.

Comment

They just about always come around and seek a non confrontational solution. Especially if you have built in protection through a lawyer? Personally I would never sign anything or agree verbally to anything until I run it past my lawyer? I've never paid him one cent for anything related to a surface lease. The company always picks up the bill!

Comment

Horse: Its actually NCG(non conventional gas)? In other words its coming out of coal or sands, not rock?
        There are wet coal seams under the dry seams in central Alberta and without a doubt that is the real prize as it produces more gas than the dry coal seams! As one CBM rep told me "We need to get in there and do the dry before we tackle the wet. Once we're in there we've got it made!"
        A good lawyer will have you protected from further drilling off a surface lease? You should have a clause of one hole per surface lease? If not they can drill several holes off that one lease and you will get nothing extra.

Comment

yeah, one zone per lease. one line per pipeline. No added equipment (dewatering) on this agreement. A pile of stuff I didnt even think of. Definately dont worry about the money untill everything else is figured out (it is to easy to get distracted).
          Maybe some guys who have a lot of contact negotiate their own but it was way more effective for me to get an agent (learning anything in the real world.

Comment

whoops, (learning anything in the real world is expensive, I cant afford to learn this through mistakes). Still kind of groggy this morning

Comment

the only way to insure that the companies comply with your wishes is to write it clearly and concisely into the conditions of the lease along with specified excessively large penalties. Large enough that failing to do so once and getting caught will be an incentive never to do it again.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...